Same issues year to year

Herb

35 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

He is definitely not winning the down pre-snap.  He is continuing to try to figure things out on the fly post-snap which doesn’t work against savvy defenses.

He’s immature and unprofessional.  Sorry to say it but it’s true.

I agree with you.     I am not sure the guy has the desire to be great outside of continuing to tell people he does.   

The immaturity was on full display during his press conference last night.   Hits the press with an S bomb right away, because if you swear you must be really passionate.   If you're really passionate, you don't have to have multiple press conferences where you say you play like crap because you take the necessary steps not to.

Josh isn't going to like it but his off-season is going to be more under the microscope than ever.   Guy needs to decide if he is an NFL football player or the next golf pro at Oak Hill.    

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

7 hours ago, Herb said:

Untimely overpursuit with respect to run defense and qb pressures, piss poor or inconsistent blocking from the offensive line, terrible clock management and situational playcalling, and a qb who unfortunately gets too emotional and makes poor decisions at the worst possible times.

Maybe. Right now it's not year-to-year, it's year to game.

So far. We'll see.

4 hours ago, Chuck Wagon said:

This is not a well run organization, bottom line. 

When McDermott and Beane got here, everything was in the gutter. 

They were able to build the Philip Rivers Chargers and the 20 year drought made them heros for it. 

But teams like Kansas City and the Eagles are operating on a different level entirely. 

This is utter nonsense, it really is.

The Bills are an extremely well run organization. 

They have more to prove, but to say they're not well run is just dumb.

Edited by Thurman#1

1 hour ago, Drew21PA said:

I guess I watched a different game

that jets d line is stacked and we played a hell of a game against them

Allen lost it with no reason being other than he got him his own way again

Yes.  I can understand people have problems with the coaching but this game was about Josh and his own ineptitude of understanding critical moments.  Why is he jumping over 2 defenders 6 yards from the 1st down marker.  Cause he is dumb. 

1 hour ago, thenorthremembers said:

I agree with you.     I am not sure the guy has the desire to be great outside of continuing to tell people he does.   

The immaturity was on full display during his press conference last night.   Hits the press with an S bomb right away, because if you swear you must be really passionate.   If you're really passionate, you don't have to have multiple press conferences where you say you play like crap because you take the necessary steps not to.

Josh isn't going to like it but his off-season is going to be more under the microscope than ever.   Guy needs to decide if he is an NFL football player or the next golf pro at Oak Hill.    

I don't think Josh dropped the s bomb because it was a way of getting the press off his back. It was his frustration coming out. My greater concern is he cannot see a way out of it.

7 hours ago, chongli said:

The Bills only needed to play smart while making sure the hapless Jets’ offense was forced to drive the length of the field. Instead, New York was given short fields repeatedly in the fourth quarter, highlighted by a fumble tied at 13, which gave the Jets the ball only 27 yards from the end zone.

This about sums it up. 

The Bills just don't play like a confident, elite team that knows it's going to dominate inferior competition. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

D’ya feel better now that you got that off your chest? 🙄

I think it's safe to say many fans are very pissed off right now,  the Bills were terrible in the second half.  If you want to run 2 TE sets then get a starting level RB,  if not go get a legit #2 WR.  Gabe Davis is not the answer

With all the bad,  I thought Greg Rousseau/Milano/Diggs had solid games.  Everyone else was average to bad

Edited by Niagara Dude
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

30 minutes ago, Santana said:

The whole offense is awful. There's a major disconnect between play calling (Ken Dorsey) and player execution (Josh Allen). At this point, I'm also done with the Spencer Brown project. He is absolutely awful.

I think Allen will be fine,  I just think if the Bills intend on running 2 TE sets then Beane should consider getting Taylor.  Cook is not the answer 

I would agree with Josh that he lost the game for the Bills with his poor decisions. However, that being said, I don't think we will face a better defense than the Jets. You have to give Joe Douglas credit, he's built a defensive roster that might be the best in the league. I'm sure I'll get some arguments from 49ers fans. 

Something to consider,  the Jets signed 26 Jordan Whitehead who has 3 picks last night to a contract that after reworking has a cap hit as almost the same as 32 year Poyer's.  This is my biggest complaint,  Beane keeps sticking money into older guys and were not restocking the shelves with younger players.  

Reality about Josh that is not talked about. He played at a really small high school. Then JUCO. Then Wyoming. He never had high quality coaching. Daboll seemed to help him a lot and then he moved on to Dorsey...

43 minutes ago, Niagara Dude said:

Something to consider,  the Jets signed 26 Jordan Whitehead who has 3 picks last night to a contract that after reworking has a cap hit as almost the same as 32 year Poyer's.  This is my biggest complaint,  Beane keeps sticking money into older guys and were not restocking the shelves with younger players.  

He likes the familiar. We see it over and over again. 

4 hours ago, thenorthremembers said:

What worries me the most is Josh just looks to be guessing.   The heady side of football that good QBs need to be great just isn't there right now.

Bills are playing with fire by going to 12 personnel and taking speed off the field when the thing that wins consistently in the NFL is speed.   Its what the Dolphins have and why Tua is throwing to wide open guys rather than having to see if a 5 yard out comes open.

Where were Harty and Sherfield last night?  And I can not imagine we drafted Kincaid just to run 5 yard outs.  (He was wide open in the flat on Josh's 3rd int, and easily would have had the 1st down and then some)  At Utah Kincaid was always running down the field.  We already have our dump off guy in Knox.  Need to be running Kincaid down the seam all game.  That is where he will create mismatches.  

It really doesn't matter what offense you run.  You just need to run your offense very well to be a very good to great team in today's NFL.  The Bills are not doing that right now.  Our stud QB has regressed.  The O line is not nearly good enough from tackle to tackle.  And the coaching is suspect at best.  What happened to yards after the catch?  Noone is open in space on our team.  At least Beasley a few years ago was always able to dive or juke forward for 5-10 extra yards.  There was almost none of that last night, or against Cincinnati last year. 

Against good teams you have to change things up a bit.  And the Bills look very stagnant on offense.

What worries me the most is Josh just looks to be guessing.   The heady side of football that good QBs need to be great just isn't there right now.

Bills are playing with fire by going to 12 personnel and taking speed off the field when the thing that wins consistently in the NFL is speed.   Its what the Dolphins have and why Tua is throwing to wide open guys rather than having to see if a 5 yard out comes open.

Where were Harty and Sherfield last night?  And I can not imagine we drafted Kincaid just to run 5 yard outs.  (He was wide open in the flat on Josh's 3rd int, and easily would have had the 1st down and then some)  At Utah Kincaid was always running down the field.  We already have our dump off guy in Knox.  Need to be running Kincaid down the seam all game.  That is where he will create mismatches.  

It really doesn't matter what offense you run.  You just need to run your offense very well to be a very good to great team in today's NFL.  The Bills are not doing that right now.  Our stud QB has regressed.  The O line is not nearly good enough from tackle to tackle.  And the coaching is suspect at best.  What happened to yards after the catch?  Noone is open in space on our team.  At least Beasley a few years ago was always able to dive or juke forward for 5-10 extra yards.  There was almost none of that last night, or against Cincinnati last year. 

Against good teams you have to change things up a bit.  And the Bills look very stagnant on offense.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.