OT Germain Ifedi signs with the Bills

HappyDays

3 hours ago, Matt_In_NH said:

Probably about the same.  Ifedi replaces shell.   Maybe MLB would have been a little better with kirksey.  

Kirksey would not have played preseason or camp due to injury .

Glad Beane picked up both. But not delighted. More need and insurance than surefire upgrades.

Time of the year to fill holes :(

45 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

Kirksey would not have played preseason or camp due to injury .

Glad Beane picked up both. But not delighted. More need and insurance than surefire upgrades.

Time of the year to fill holes :(

Kirksey is by far the 2nd best LB on the team. 

He is also best friends with Micah Hyde and buddies with Poyer. They all played together

Dodson has no business taking the field and Bernard has not shown anything to warrant starting

Edited by Warriorspikes51
  • Like (+1) 3

On 8/30/2023 at 12:12 PM, Beck Water said:

Ifedi is this year's Ty Nsekhe/Daryl Williams, and that's not a Good Sign for Brown.

For those who don't remember, in 2019 the Bills had rookie Cody Ford starting at RT, but hedged their bets signing journeyman Ty Nsekhe, who only took 1 start but wound up playing 1/3 of the offensive snaps there.  The next year we signed Daryl Williams who quickly won the RT job outright over Ford, Got Paid, and sucked the next season.

Bates has looked decent this preseason by all accounts.  Anderson has taken snaps at C.

Thanks for some O line updates.  That's right Daryl Williams had one good year at RT.  There have not been many in the last two decades.  

16 minutes ago, Paup 1995MVP said:

Thanks for some O line updates.  That's right Daryl Williams had one good year at RT.  There have not been many in the last two decades.  

I never new why Williams fell so hard the second year. I was really pleased with his work at RT first year.

And lets Keep in mind Kirksey may not be healthy yet, This could get interesting by Monday night !
Glad they got Ifedi though, Good depth, maybe worse but maybe better.

Brown scares me sorry to say :(

Cover one did a pretty good break down on this kid

Not perfect, but not bad for a back up right tackle

4 hours ago, Paup 1995MVP said:

For some reason that position has been a problem for us we have not found someone to be just locked into it like Dawkins

• Like (+1) 1

20 hours ago, 3rdand12 said:

I never new why Williams fell so hard the second year. I was really pleased with his work at RT first year.

And lets Keep in mind Kirksey may not be healthy yet, This could get interesting by Monday night !
Glad they got Ifedi though, Good depth, maybe worse but maybe better.

Brown scares me sorry to say :(

I agree about Brown.  He just has not shown a consistency to his game, that a starting NFL O lineman should have.  The game does not look easy for him.  If he falters early, hopefully the Bills are not afraid to sit his butt down, and let Ifedi play.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.