Not the right numbers

112 tackles (best in 4 years), 69 solo

7 PD

4 INTs (career high) for 61 yards

1 TD 

1 FF

1 FR

0 Sacks (never been who he is)

These must be Edmunds numbers i just looked at Bernards and his stats for this regular season because i didn't have the last game in those numbers are 

Bernard - 143 total tackles - 59 assists - 6.5 sacks - 3 INT's - 0 - FF -  2023 regular season  .

Edmunds - 113 total tackles - 44 assists - 0 sacks - 4 INT's - 0 - FF - 2023 regular season . 

Either way for the money the bears did;t get the better end of that deal was far as how much it cost them to get that production from Edmunds .

• Like (+1) 1

19 hours ago, ngbills said:

If Bernard and Edmunds were both free agents this year who would get the bigger contract? 

Not really a fair question.  Edmunds has been starting for years.  Now if Bernard has another year like this next year...

• Agree 1

Edmunds seemed like a good dude but it's crystal clear Bernard has way way more instincts,  always flying around,  doesn't get fooled like Edmunds did , just plays way more fast and aggressive,  great pick and great move to move on from Edmunds, whose size was his biggest asset 

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Doc said:

Not really a fair question.  Edmunds has been starting for years.  Now if Bernard has another year like this next year...

Agree. Right now, Edmunds. If Bernard backs it up then the Bills have a tough choice after next season because he becomes eligible for an extension. If there is a way to extend him where his cap hits don't kick up until 2026 (by which point I suspect Milano who will be turning 32 before the 2026 season might be on the outs) then I can see them taking that option. Otherwise he plays out his final contract year in 2025 and then he will get paid in free agency. 

Edited by GunnerBill
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Agree. Right now, Edmunds. If Bernard backs it up then the Bills have a tough choice after next season because he becomes eligible for an extension. If there is a way to extend him where his cap hits don't kick up until 2026 (by which point I suspect Milano who will be turning 32 before the 2026 season might be on the outs) then I can see them taking that option. Otherwise he plays out his final contract year in 2025 and then he will get paid in free agency. 

8 minutes ago, Doc said:

Did not work that way for Milano. I dont see Bernard being viewed as a higher ceiling than Milano.he will get a decent contract but not top of the market like TE. 

23 minutes ago, ngbills said:

Did not work that way for Milano. I dont see Bernard being viewed as a higher ceiling than Milano.he will get a decent contract but not top of the market like TE. 

Milano is a Will. He is also the best paid Will in football. The top five linebacker contracts that set the market all play the Mike. Bernard is a Mike. It is about positional value as much as anything. Those are guys you are asking to call your defense. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.