Hangover?

Brian Higgins hair

On 8/21/2023 at 11:57 AM, FilthyBeast said:

If this carries over into the regular season and the team gets off to a bad start even the most ardent homers will start to turn on this regime especially if the players quit on the coaches and it ends up being a lost season (which sadly my gut feeling tells me is coming anyway).

Your next post should propose some alternative rooting interests since the prospect of the implosion will cause profound depression and anger. After all why shouldn’t we prepare to blame the coaches, GM and ownership for abject failure after the 1st half of the 1st preseason game the starters played in. Player “quitting on coaches “, “a lost season “. Thank you Filthy Beast for bringing clarity to the impending doom for our beloved team. If I didn’t know better I would have thought you weren’t a Bills fan at all.

On 8/21/2023 at 11:51 AM, Brian Higgins hair said:

The last game showed a lot of players not engaged at all. So many penalties and so little concentration on the basics.

I think McBeane’s most challenging issue isn’t offensive line or MLB..

It’s waking those guys up from the sleepwalk they showed at the end of last season. 

One would think a team would be fired up and ready to respond coming off a one of a kind type emotional season no team ever experienced along with how the Bengals game went..

So I mean you'd think they'd be fired up from disappointment of Bengals loss along with Hamlin returning 

On 8/21/2023 at 5:41 PM, Mark Vader said:

Which will make it more enjoyable when the Bills win that game.:devil:

Mark,  I’m with you in that just like the Jets line problems may be overblown, so may be some of our troubles.

I saw all of the troubles Saturday and yes it was concerning, but this board acts like we were 3-13, vs. 13-3.  We didn’t fall off a cliff.  We’re sloppy right now, but we’ve cleaned up our act each TC the last few years.  The roster to me is better outside of Edmunds.  I never agreed with the hate for him, yet I never agreed with the national media going on and on about him making the popularity contest called the pro bowl.

He was a talented player with skills and limitations.

If we remain healthy, our secondary will be one of the best in the league, a 1st team all pro in Milano, and when it matters our D Line with the addition of Floyd and fingers crossed Von maybe back on a pitch count can be the difference.

I cautiously high hopes for Harty, Sherfield, and our regulars and DK2 with our new 12 personnel package.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, machine gun kelly said:

Mark,  I’m with you in that just like the Jets line problems may be overblown, so may be some of our troubles.

I saw all of the troubles Saturday and yes it was concerning, but this board acts like we were 3-13, vs. 13-3.  We didn’t fall off a cliff.  We’re sloppy right now, but we’ve cleaned up our act each TC the last few years.  The roster to me is better outside of Edmunds.  I never agreed with the hate for him, yet I never agreed with the national media going on and on about him making the popularity contest called the pro bowl.

He was a talented player with skills and limitations.

If we remain healthy, our secondary will be one of the best in the league, a 1st team all pro in Milano, and when it matters our D Line with the addition of Floyd and fingers crossed Von maybe back on a pitch count can be the difference.

I cautiously high hopes for Harty, Sherfield, and our regulars and DK2 with our new 12 personnel package.

I've seen this movie many times before with preseason, and when it's over, it will all be forgotten.

I see the Bills as an overall better team than last year. I'm not taking the Jets game lightly, but they have a lot to prove as we do. I think the interior O-Line is going to be much better, and on defense I think Leonard Floyd will be a big help for us.

I'm glad that we are not hyped up this year. This team has a big chip on their shoulder after the way they were ousted in the playoffs. The Bills will be ready come 9/11.

• Agree 1

9 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

I've seen this movie many times before with preseason, and when it's over, it will all be forgotten.

I see the Bills as an overall better team than last year. I'm not taking the Jets game lightly, but they have a lot to prove as we do. I think the interior O-Line is going to be much better, and on defense I think Leonard Floyd will be a big help for us.

I'm glad that we are not hyped up this year. This team has a big chip on their shoulder after the way they were ousted in the playoffs. The Bills will be ready come 9/11.

I couldn’t have written any better my friend.  We definitely have questions, but we also have many additions.  I just wish this board occasionally take a measured approach.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.