Rank the top 5 from top to bottom and name 3 dangerous outsider

Italian Bills

On 8/12/2023 at 10:59 PM, Success said:

It has nothing to do w/ feelings.  Objectively, when healthy and not dealing w/ the brutal stuff the Bills had to deal w/ late in the season - Buffalo was a better team. I think the Bengals were, too, and thought that they should have won the AFCCG.

If the only standard is "they won the SB last year, so they must be the best this year," there is really not much point to this thread.  The Eagles would get #2, because they were runner ups.  The Bengals would be #3, because they had the better game in the conf. championship. Then, of course, SF.

The thread would just be about who everyone ranks as the #5.

Chiefs and Bills have similarly talented rosters. Chiefs have a big edge in coaching. 

Edited by Chaos
  • Vomit 1

10 minutes ago, Airseven said:

Chiefs have an edge at QB, OL, WR, TE, RB, LB, and CB. Probably also DL or call it a push.

QB is close. The only thing Mahomes has the Allen doesn't is rings - and that has a lot to do w/ coaching & the Chiefs having had a better roster to this point.

WR?  That's a stretch.  The Bills have a good, versatile corps, top to bottom.  The Chiefs are scrambling a bit to replace guys who produced.  I don't think even Chiefs fans would say they're better at WR.

RB?  No way.  We probably have one of the better RB groups in the AFC right now.

LB - edge to Chiefs because of our uncertainty at MLB.

CB?  No way.

1 hour ago, Success said:

QB is close. The only thing Mahomes has the Allen doesn't is rings 

WR?  The Bills have a good, versatile corps, top to bottom.  

RB? We probably have one of the better RB groups in the AFC right now.

Truly bizarre analysis even for a fan board. Alas, hope springs eternal.

• Eyeroll 1

1. Eagles:  They were close to winning it last year...they got better this offseason while Chiefs loss some players.  
  2. Chiefs:  Popular choice for #1, and basically are until proven otherwise since they are champs.  But honestly, I think this Chiefs team would lose to this current Eagles team if these two teams replayed the SB today, so I swapped Eagles and Chiefs.
  3. Bills - Not a homer pick, I think they have maybe the best roster in the NFL right now top to bottom, but until we see a few things like is the OL improved, is Dorsey better, is McD making the D better, are our injured guys back (Tre, Gabe, Von, Hyde) to themselves, etc it's impossible to move them ahead of Eagles or Chiefs.
  4. Bengals - I know, they beat us over 1.4 worth of games...but I do think the Bills had a great offseason and I don't think the Bengals are actually that great.  I am not even convinced they win their own division.  But, given back to back AFCCG's, they have this spot until proven otherwise.
  5. 49ers - Give them a QB as good as say David Carr or better, and they would be top 2 on this list...but QB is a real question mark, but their roster is so good that even with a major question mark at QB they still make the list at 5.

Jets, Ravens, Browns

Jets - They weren't that far from playoffs last year despite averaging just 1 TD offensively a week.  Rodgers, whether his play has fallen off or not, will still greatly improve on that.  That roster is stacked, but the OL is still an achilles heal, so hard to say where they fall until we see this all on the field...so have them lurking.  

Ravens - The got Lamar some new weapons and Lamar is healthy with a new deal.  If Lamar can stay healthy and OBJ can be good, then they could reclaim their division, but there is no gurantees on either of those.  

Browns - Watson buzz is he looks like a different QB, more like his old self or possibly better.  If Watson is legit, this Browns team is going to contend.  I hated they got Elijah Moore, he is going to be a stud in that offense and don't be surprised to see him flirt with 1000 yards this year.  He has been blowing everyone away in camp so far too.  

Bonus:  Fools Gold:  Cowboys and Chargers - Not buying into these fools gold teams.  These guys find ways to come up short every season and underperform.  

Edited by Alphadawg7

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.