Training Camp 8/1 9:45

Beck Water

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

Interesting about Dodson.

Indeed, interesting if the 3-legged race is sliding to 2 legs.

I still think AJ Klein is in the mix, they just are confident in what he can and can't do and want to look at the younger players.

So far it seems to be a pattern that Torrence is with the 1s for the initial, pre-stretching warm up segment that's half-speed or something like that

Then Bates takes over with the 1's after the calisthenics/stretching, but sometimes Torrence mixes back in.

Will be interesting to see if Morse takes over at C again today or sits out.

10 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Chris Brown coverage of pre-practice Butler interview:

More Butler interview:

Basically, I think what that translates to is saying Elam does not (yet) excel as an off-ball CB in the zone defense the Bills primarily rely on.

That ain't a good sign for a 1st round pick.

Whereas he's saying Benford really gets it when it comes to playing zone.

Anyone else see it differently?

• Agree 6

1 minute ago, Beck Water said:

It could change, but so far it seems as though a bunch of the stalwart guys for real-time updates aren't at practice today.

While that's understandable (tickets are scarce and maybe they gotta work for a living sometime), it means updates may be slim.

I can still post everyone else's twitter updates from work so I'll try to keep up 👍

• Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

More Butler interview:

Basically, I think what that translates to is saying Elam does not (yet) excel as an off-ball CB in the zone defense the Bills primarily rely on.

That ain't a good sign for a 1st round pick.

Whereas he's saying Benford really gets it when it comes to playing zone.

Anyone else see it differently?

That seems about right. I know that the money matters, but If you hit on a 6th round corner then that makes missing on a first-round one a little bit easier to accept.  

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, HansLanda said:

I know it's been maybe even slightly belabored, but what if Torrence is just so nasty and strong it is going to be his job and Bates is backup #1 for any of the spots across the oline? 

The consensus from most reporters before camp even started was they didn't expect Torrence to win the job.  Many of those same people are saying he's basically taking it by force.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.