Discuss

6 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Everyone knows that Billsy just posts bullsh*t.

But this was excrement even for him.

Can't defend the false "song is racist" narrative.

So use a tragedy to try, and fail, to smear the singer.

Note:  My brother and sister-in-law were in that crowd and I don't take kindly to it being misused.

56 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

No, I actually just walked the trail with a bills cap on.  Splain comes from I love Lucy.

Hoax.

Controversial Art has been banned in conservative areas for decades

Totally cool though right redtail? 

Or this? Listen to them 

But that country song, that's where you're drawing the line huh. Interesting hill to choose to fight for. Let me know how that works out for you 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, TSOL said:

Totally cool though right redtail? 

Or this? Listen to them 

But that country song, that's where you're drawing the line huh. Interesting hill to choose to fight for. Let me know how that works out for you 

two or 25 wrongs don't make a right.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

1 hour ago, B-Man said:

Everyone knows that Billsy just posts bullsh*t.

But this was excrement even for him.

Can't defend the false "song is racist" narrative.

So use a tragedy to try, and fail, to smear the singer.

Note:  My brother and sister-in-law were in that crowd and I don't take kindly to it being misused.

Cry, harder.

You reap what you sow.

9 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Avery good friend of mine was there. I have no idea what your point is here. 

See above.

4 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

Or maybe the artist just wants to reinforce the actual message of his song, by not backing down to the fake woke mob….which is part of that exact same message. 

What exactly is the "fake woke mob?"  It sounds like another MAGA invention. Like Antifa.  

I don't have a problem with the lyrics of the song. I  have a problem with the coupling of the lyrics and the subject imagery.  If that position of reasonableness and empathy for people who have been crapped on by our society for far too long makes me whatever "fake woke mob" is, then so be it. 

At bottom, this whole thing is kind of like Trump's Tulsa speech. That location was selected for a reason.  So was this one.  Draw your own conclusions. 

29 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Avery good friend of mine was there. I have no idea what your point is here. 

That Mr. Tough Guy Jason Aldean--probably the only guy who could have warned people as to what was going on--turned tail.  Maybe, truthfully, it's better that he didn't use the microphone lest he have incited a stampede.  I don't blame him for his choice.  But it's pretty clear what the poster's point is.  

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, SectionC3 said:

What exactly is the "fake woke mob?"  It sounds like another MAGA invention. Like Antifa.  

I don't have a problem with the lyrics of the song. I  have a problem with the coupling of the lyrics and the subject imagery.  If that position of reasonableness and empathy for people who have been crapped on by our society for far too long makes me whatever "fake woke mob" is, then so be it. 

At bottom, this whole thing is kind of like Trump's Tulsa speech. That location was selected for a reason.  So was this one.  Draw your own conclusions. 

The white girl screaming at the cops was crapped on by society? Okie Dokie 

3 hours ago, redtail hawk said:

No, I actually just walked the trail with a bills cap on.  Splain comes from I love Lucy.

Hoax.

Controversial Art has been banned in conservative areas for decades

That’s right.  Even here.  Green Lightning. 

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

This is what I imagine the MAGHA's want to get back to.  Sadly, many were never there.

Seems like you are interested in going back to a time when it was ok for a white man to throw slurs at a black man or cheer others on as they do it. You are the only person on this board, generally made up of toxic people, that does it. On top of that you try to brush it away as “just an opinion”, all the while playing the righteous indignation card at those that think differently than you do. There’s no splaining someone that behaves as you do. Sick. 

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, JDHillFan said:

Seems like you are interested in going back to a time when it was ok for a white man to throw slurs at a black man or cheer others on as they do it. You are the only person on this board, generally made up of toxic people, that does it. On top of that you try to brush it away as “just an opinion”, all the while playing the righteous indignation card at those that think differently than you do. There’s no splaining someone that behaves as you do. Sick. 

I liked the 60's altho a little kid then.  Civil rights legislation, Medicare etc.  Bad stuff too.  Lucy was an amazing talent.