Senator Tuberville Holding Up Military Appointments

5 hours ago, The Frankish Reich said:

So let's say we have a purely technocratic military leadership. The question is this: "Is it more cost effective to grant 3 weeks leave to a pregnant soldier to travel to get an abortion, or to have that soldier unable to perform her duties for an extended period of time during late term pregnancy, childbirth, and post-childbirth?"

To ask the question is to answer it. In one case your employee is out of commission for 3 weeks and you're out of pocket a bit of travel money; in the other case your employee is sidelined for months.

The logic here, which as presented by your post, is a compelling argument for not letting women of reproductive age into the military at all.

I don't support that, due to need, but the logic is clear.  

I've done this as an officer. Solving issues with women in the military took up ten times more of my time than men.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Unlike Biden and his idiot buddies, snorting coke all day, the Senator is honoring a solemn oath to uphold the Constitution.  These clowns in the White House should be executed for treason and pissing on the Constitution. 

What a mess.  

On 7/14/2023 at 6:37 PM, sherpa said:

The logic here, which as presented by your post, is a compelling argument for not letting women of reproductive age into the military at all.

I don't support that, due to need, but the logic is clear.  

I've done this as an officer. Solving issues with women in the military took up ten times more of my time than men.

No, there is absolutely no reasonable case at all for denying woman the opportunities to serve their country. That's an outrageous argument 

2 hours ago, Tiberius said:

No, there is absolutely no reasonable case at all for denying woman the opportunities to serve their country. That's an outrageous argument 

Which is why I posted the second sentence, stating that I don't support that.

It's not only a bad idea, it's impossible if we ever hope to maintain any level of readiness that we are accustomed to. 

Our level of readiness is significantly diminished from where it was, but we absolutely have to have those volunteers.

Republicans are not trying to restrict anything that has been common practice in the military for decades; in fact, they are trying to reign in Biden’s radical Leftward shift in military policies that break longstanding practice. It’s not like the US military was recruiting people by giving them the incentive to chop off healthy body parts in the past or promising to provide Drag Queen Story Hours for all the children of soldiers.

In fact, it is the Democrats who are the aggressors here in the cultural war battles, and Republicans are playing defense on all these issues. Biden has pursued a radical Left-wing agenda and has viewed the military as his personal policy playground, and the military is far worse off for his doing so.

• Like (+1) 3

On 7/14/2023 at 7:52 PM, Irv said:

Unlike Biden and his idiot buddies, snorting coke all day, the Senator is honoring a solemn oath to uphold the Constitution.  These clowns in the White House should be executed for treason and pissing on the Constitution. 

What a mess.  

Hoax.  You know a thing or two about ski trips based upon your “work” here.  

• Eyeroll 1

2 hours ago, SectionC3 said:

Hoax.  You know a thing or two about ski trips based upon your “work” here.  

You normally post stupid things, but you've outdone yourself this time.  What a mess. 

• Like (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/14/2023 at 4:52 PM, Irv said:

What a mess.  

Yes, that doesn’t sound authoritarian at all calling for executions of your political opponents

1 hour ago, BillStime said:

F around and find out 

Air Force space  command was the specific division in which I was attached to its headquarters is just fine where it is

Whenever I was serving, it was part of the Air Force

• Haha (+1) 1

6 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

Yes, that doesn’t sound authoritarian at all calling for executions of your political opponents.

The President, Vice President and all civil Officers of the United States, shall be removed from Office on Impeachment for, and Conviction of, Treason, Bribery, or other high Crimes and Misdemeanors.

Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/2381#:~:text=Whoever%2C owing allegiance to the United States%2C levies,of holding any office under the United States.

you got a point; only authoritarian governments kill for taking bribes.