Homer Jones/Giants, first NFL player to spike the ball after a TD, has died

Just Jack

1 minute ago, BillsPride12 said:

Does anybody ever Spike the ball anymore?  Not something that has crossed my mind until now but I feel like it's something you never see anymore.  I remember that was always the best when playing backyard football with friends 

RIP Homer Jones

I cant believe you just asked that question...

RIP Jones.

2 minutes ago, PrimeTime101 said:

I cant believe you just asked that question...

RIP Jones.

Is that one of the celebrations they banned?  I'm starting to have a vague recollection of that now(Ok Googled it to confirm) but yeah I had a total brain fart on that one....No wonder I haven't seen that in forever 🤪

No Fun League 

58 minutes ago, BillsPride12 said:

Is that one of the celebrations they banned?  I'm starting to have a vague recollection of that now(Ok Googled it to confirm) but yeah I had a total brain fart on that one....No wonder I haven't seen that in forever 🤪

No Fun League 

so you are saying they do not spike the ball any more? Ever hear of a "big man spike" bills did it a few times last year.  they spike it all the time. 

9 minutes ago, PrimeTime101 said:

so you are saying they do not spike the ball any more? Ever hear of a "big man spike" bills did it a few times last year.  they spike it all the time. 

Yeah you are right about the big man spikes, I know that happens a lot still.  For some reason I feel like you don't see WR's and Running Back's spiking the ball like they did in the 90s.  Maybe I just don't notice it as much and this thread got me thinking about it, your initial comment made me start thinking maybe it was one of the many celebrations the NFL banned and I did a quick Google search and glanced at this article https://www.sportsrec.com/nfl-rules-spiking-ball-4794186.html  which I misread.  Getting old sucks everything just becomes a blur sometimes

• Awesome! (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, BillsPride12 said:

Yeah you are right about the big man spikes, I know that happens a lot still.  For some reason I feel like you don't see WR's and Running Back's spiking the ball like they did in the 90s.  Maybe I just don't notice it as much and this thread got me thinking about it, your initial comment made me start thinking maybe it was one of the many celebrations the NFL banned and I did a quick Google search and glanced at this article https://www.sportsrec.com/nfl-rules-spiking-ball-4794186.html  which I misread.  Getting old sucks everything just becomes a blur sometimes

lol tell me about it. I call them brain farts some days. the biggest thing now lately is spinning the ball. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BillsPride12 said:

Does anybody ever Spike the ball anymore?  Not something that has crossed my mind until now but I feel like it's something you never see anymore.  I remember that was always the best when playing backyard football with friends 

RIP Homer Jones

Gronk says hi 👋 

4 hours ago, BillsPride12 said:

RIP Homer Jones

No.  All you see now is everyone doing the Griddy.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.