The Trial of Donald J Trump -- Just trial info here

I for one do not see this as a slam dunk case against the disgraced ex-President. Yes, he is obviously guilty, IMO, but Trump has some built in advantages for the trial.

* The judge is someone he picked and has already made stupid rulings--later reversed on appeal--

* The jury only needs one MAGA head on it to get a hung jury and this is MAGA country, so jury selection should favor Trump 

* That recording of Trump basically admitting to a crime could be challenged on the grounds that we do not know that it was not created by artificial intelligence, of course I'm sure they have witnesses to back it up, but they can be got to. 

* When will the trial take place? Before the election? 

* One GOP contender for the presidency has already promised to pardon Trump, will the rest promise the same? 

• Haha (+1) 1

19 hours ago, Tiberius said:

* One GOP contender for the presidency has already promised to pardon Trump, will the rest promise the same? 

See this to me is not wise.  There may be significant swing votes lost just by stating they'll do this.  Just say I don't know we'll see, deflect. 

46 minutes ago, L Ron Burgundy said:

See this to me is not wise.  There may be significant swing votes lost just by stating they'll do this.  Just say I don't know we'll see, deflect. 

I'm sure they will all be asked that question. And if Trump is not the nominee he might throw his backing behind the person who promises to pardon him, and he will tell his supporters not to vote for someone who doesn't. 

Security is expected to be ramped up surrounding the Wilkie D. Ferguson Jr. Courthouse in Miami, the gleaming tower where Trump will be making his initial appearance.

Police in Miami have already disseminated another advisory noting potential rallies planned for Tuesday around the courthouse. In one bulletin issued after the indictment was unsealed last week, the Miami-Dade police flagged a social media post advertising a “Trump Document Hoax Rally” outside the courthouse Tuesday. A different police advisory noted a rally planned for Tuesday morning by the Miami courthouse, ostensibly organized by the Miami chapter of the Proud Boys group.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/2023/06/12/trump-miami-documents-indictment-security/

• Eyeroll 1

On 6/11/2023 at 6:28 AM, L Ron Burgundy said:

I listened to his reasoning. Have you?

• Like (+1) 1

On 6/10/2023 at 10:58 AM, Tiberius said:

I for one do not see this as a slam dunk case against the disgraced ex-President. Yes, he is obviously guilty, IMO, but Trump has some built in advantages for the trial.

* The judge is someone he picked and has already made stupid rulings--later reversed on appeal--

* The jury only needs one MAGA head on it to get a hung jury and this is MAGA country, so jury selection should favor Trump 

* That recording of Trump basically admitting to a crime could be challenged on the grounds that we do not know that it was not created by artificial intelligence, of course I'm sure they have witnesses to back it up, but they can be got to. 

* When will the trial take place? Before the election? 

I hope most people would want it over before the primary elections. I think the partisan left don't want it to be over by then. Why would they?

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Pokebball said:

I listened to his reasoning. Have you?

Honestly don't recall.  Let me guess though.   Uneven application of the law?  Doj unfairly targets R's?  

It doesn't matter I don't think.  Some potential swing voters will not like it.  Finally a rich f faces the music and he just gets a pardon?  Especially one that thumbed his nose at the law?  Hey I could be wrong. 

21 hours ago, Pokebball said:

I hope most people would want it over before the primary elections. I think the partisan left don't want it to be over by then. Why would they?

Agreed. And does it really even matter at this point, even if he gets out of this one? there is always going to be another one. 

When you combine his history of doing sketchy things, the number of people he pissed off along the way that would be happy to testify against him and the fact the establishment is absolutely overtly out to get him, there will always be the next indictment, suit and prosecution. 

This indictment sounds pretty hard to defend.  

could be his only real defense is to change his last name to Biden and flip to a democrat.  

If he dons a pride shirt and goes pro choice this whole thing gets dropped and may even become a hate crime against him. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1