The Big Lies: Trump on Charlottesville, Russia Collusion etc.

• BillsFanNC changed the title to The Big Lies: Trump on Charlottesville, Russia Collusion etc.

6a7d2689-a635-48fe-b48b-a7ac97b5f208-860

The Durham Report has come out now and it’s confirmed what we’ve known for a long time: that the Russia collusion investigation was a massive hoax, based on nothing. It should be shocking that the FBI proceeded with this investigation when there was no evidence, for years, which then had the effect of smearing Donald Trump for years. Meanwhile, the Durham Report also showed that the Obama/Biden team was fully aware of the Clinton plan to smear Trump.

The AP tried to dismiss this as not the “crime of the century” that Donald Trump termed it. But whether or not anyone is ever held accountable, it is hard to get around that indeed nothing like this has been done before, or that it was so damaging and divisive to our nation. What’s criminal is that it appears people might get away with it. But that doesn’t mean that it wasn’t the “crime of the century” — that just means people haven’t been properly held to account.

There’s so much wrongdoing involved in all of this. But let’s point out one big lie that we always knew was a lie — which the report confirms.

Remember when Rep. Adam Schiff (D-CA) — then the Chair of the House Intelligence Committee — claimed he had seen evidence that he couldn’t share with us demonstrating Russia collusion? Now that the Report says there was nothing, where is Adam’s evidence?

https://redstate.com/nick-arama/2023/05/15/jonathan-turley-demands-answers-after-durham-report-exposes-schiff-lie-n746342

• Thank you (+1) 2

39 minutes ago, B-Man said:

6a7d2689-a635-48fe-b48b-a7ac97b5f208-860

The Durham Report has come out now and it’s confirmed what we’ve known for a long time: that the Russia collusion investigation was a massive hoax, based on nothing. It should be shocking that the FBI proceeded with this investigation when there was no evidence, for years, which then had the effect of smearing Donald Trump for years. Meanwhile, the Durham Report also showed that the Obama/Biden team was fully aware of the Clinton plan to smear Trump.

The AP tried to dismiss this as not the “crime of the century” that Donald Trump termed it. But whether or not anyone is ever held accountable, it is hard to get around that indeed nothing like this has been done before, or that it was so damaging and divisive to our nation. What’s criminal is that it appears people might get away with it. But that doesn’t mean that it wasn’t the “crime of the century” — that just means people haven’t been properly held to account.

There’s so much wrongdoing involved in all of this. But let’s point out one big lie that we always knew was a lie — which the report confirms.

Remember when Rep. Adam Schiff (D-CA) — then the Chair of the House Intelligence Committee — claimed he had seen evidence that he couldn’t share with us demonstrating Russia collusion? Now that the Report says there was nothing, where is Adam’s evidence?

https://redstate.com/nick-arama/2023/05/15/jonathan-turley-demands-answers-after-durham-report-exposes-schiff-lie-n746342

Watergate was about stolen documents, and Nixon covering it up…

Russia Hoax was an attempt to criminally frame a presidential candidate…

Both are clearly wrong- but the latter is soooo much worse! 👍

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

16 hours ago, B-Man said:

News anchors and pundits have repeated lies about Donald Trump and race so often that some of these narratives seem true, even to Americans who embrace the fruits of the president’s policies.  The most pernicious and pervasive of these lies is the “Charlottesville Hoax,” the fake-news fabrication that he described the neo-Nazis who rallied in Charlottesville, Va., in August 2017 as “fine people.” 

But like many fake news narratives, repetition has helped cement this one into a reasonably plausible storyline for all but the most skeptical consumers of news.  In fact, over the weekend, Fox News host Chris Wallace pressed White House Chief of Staff Mick Mulvaney on why Trump has not given a speech “condemning … white supremacist bigotry.”  Well, Chris, he has, and more than once.  The most powerful version was from the White House following Charlottesville and the heartbreaking death of Heather Heyer.  President Trump’s succinct and direct words:

“Racism is evil, and those who cause violence in its name are criminals and thugs, including the KKK, neo-Nazis, white supremacists, and other hate groups that are repugnant to everything we hold dear as Americans.”

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2019/03/21/trump_didnt_call_neo-nazis_fine_people_heres_proof_139815.html

Fact check: Meme on Trump 'very fine people' quote ...

USA Today

The media misquoted Trump's 'very fine people on both sides' statement about Charlottesville

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/factcheck/2020/10/17/fact-check-trump-quote-very-fine-people-charlottesville/5943239002/

Full text: Trump’s comments on white supremacists in Charlottesville

https://www.politico.com/story/2017/08/15/full-text-trump-comments-white-supremacists-alt-left-transcript-241662

Again my colleague, a former Dem who despite that is a pretty smart guy, thought the same thing. I told him he also said "except for..." and he refuted it.  I looked it up on the internet and showed him.  He was taken aback.  I said "this is another example of how the media is liberally slanted," which he agreed to and has agreed with me for several years now.

Edited by Doc
  • Like (+1) 1

16 hours ago, SUNY_amherst said:

trump signed the most executive orders by an American president in one term since Jimmy Carter. And in true reality tv star fashion, he often held victory parties for these executive orders like they were an accomplishment

LOL, how many one term presidents since carter?  LMAO

No one will ever get close to the 4000 FDR did

https://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/statistics/data/executive-orders

10 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

CNN’s Jake Tapper: Durham report is devastating to Democrats…

TDS sufferers don't care about reports from Mueller or Durham.  They don't care about the truth.  They don't care about facts or evidence or the lack of either.  They don't care about officials acting improperly, illegally, or unethically. 

They only care about defeating Trump.  They care about their side winning.  They don't care about the rule of law or the motto "nobody is above the law".  None of this will change the minds of any of them.  They'll conclude the report only "proves" he once again, and as he always does, got away with it.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Chris farley said:

just think. if crossfire hurricane worked better, he wouldn't even have gotten one.

If the intelligence community that rules over our elected government didn't conspire to bury the laptop scandal and all the payoff and influence peddling it reveals Trump would have been a two-termer.  

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, SUNY_amherst said:

woulda been great, although I wish my fellow citizens were smarter and realized that POS reality tv star was unqualified and unprepared for the job

So, it would have been great if the DEMS and FBI spying actually worked to find evidence of a crime so he couldn't be on the ticket or leaked?

LMAO, you all voted for Biden and this disaster.  

Just now, SUNY_amherst said:

no, I was saying it woulda been great if the reality tv clown didn't get anywhere near the oval office

I voted for Biden because trump was such a POS, ya'll made it easy. Nominate trump again and I'll vote for whoever opposes him again like the majority of the American public

81 million votes were a lot easier to come by when people were not feeling the failures of the Biden admin.

But its cool, like you said. you were all for crossfire hurricane, if it worked

But then again the left has been all about using the state against its political oposition lately.

How is it that we impeached the former President for asking about corruption within a former administration, and we are not impeaching the current President for actually being corrupt? We now know for a fact that Biden was briefed about the Russia hoax while he was in office. 

18 minutes ago, SUNY_amherst said:

woulda been great, although I wish my fellow citizens were smarter and realized that POS reality tv star was unqualified and unprepared for the job

And Joke has been worse.  There's a German term for that: verschlimmbessern.  Making things worse by (seemingly) trying to make them better.

19 hours ago, SUNY_amherst said:

You wouldn't know anything about SUNY Amherst you are not from around here

And I say you are not from around WNY because if you were you would be calling it UB. I ws attending when the academic buildings in the spine opened up in 1977. Maybe you graduated from  high school  last June?

• Thank you (+1) 3

6 minutes ago, Wacka said:

And I say you are not from around WNY because if you were you would be calling it UB. I ws attending when the academic buildings in the spine opened up in 1977. Maybe you graduated from  high school  last June?

I remember we called it “The Martian City” when the first dorms opened up at Amherst. There was virtually nothing there at all on the property. 

• Like (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

I remember we called it “The Martian City” when the first dorms opened up at Amherst. There was virtually nothing there at all on the property. 

People also called it "The Emerald City" because it sort of resembled OZ. I wort a descriptive essay for English 101 about the sun shining off the Ellicott dorms while I was on the bus going back to Main Street.

The day before the Blizzard of 77, I had go to a Physics lab in Fronczak Hall, the only building on the spine finished. The shuttle bus would go on the road adjacent to the buildings, but with the snow that had already fallen, they had to drop us off by Clemens Hall (English Dept). Had to walk like sherpas to the other end of the spine and when we got there, they told us to head back to Main Street as the busses would stop in an hour. 

Had to walk to Governers Dorm to catch the bus back. Today it is a parking lot, but back then. it was a field with weeds and thigh deep snow. 

• Like (+1) 2

The Key Detail That's Found in Every Investigation About Trump

Matt Vespa 

(BIAS)

The Durham Report is here, and many intelligence and law enforcement officials should prepare to be yanked before numerous House committees to answer for the Russian collusion hoax. It’s official: Trump was right. Half the country knew for years that this was a wild goose chase, super-charged by the Justice Department’s overt bias against Donald Trump. CNN’s Jake Tapper didn’t sugarcoat it: the findings of Special Counsel John Durham are devastating to the Federal Bureau of Investigation, and it exonerates the former president. The actions the bureau and others performed constitute the ‘deep state’ operations against the former president that we all knew were true. The FBI slow-walked the Clinton email probe but executed a headlong charge in the one targeting Mr. Trump, which hoped to peg him as a Kremlin agent.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattvespa/2023/05/16/did-we-already-get-the-basis-for-the-durham-reports-conclusions-five-years-ago-n2623287

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, B-Man said:

The Key Detail That's Found in Every Investigation About Trump

Matt Vespa 

(BIAS)

The Durham Report is here, and many intelligence and law enforcement officials should prepare to be yanked before numerous House committees to answer for the Russian collusion hoax. It’s official: Trump was right. Half the country knew for years that this was a wild goose chase, super-charged by the Justice Department’s overt bias against Donald Trump. CNN’s Jake Tapper didn’t sugarcoat it: the findings of Special Counsel John Durham are devastating to the Federal Bureau of Investigation, and it exonerates the former president. The actions the bureau and others performed constitute the ‘deep state’ operations against the former president that we all knew were true. The FBI slow-walked the Clinton email probe but executed a headlong charge in the one targeting Mr. Trump, which hoped to peg him as a Kremlin agent.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattvespa/2023/05/16/did-we-already-get-the-basis-for-the-durham-reports-conclusions-five-years-ago-n2623287

As I’ve been saying on here for years…EVERYTHING we’ve been dealing with comes back to Hilary Clinton. There’s no greater villain in all of American history. Total trash. 

Edited by SoCal Deek
  • Agree 1