Please Do Not Tip The Selections

CNYfan

4 hours ago, stevestojan said:

Didn’t have time to read 4 pages, but is the gist of this: don’t talk about the players who got drafted - in the LIVE DRAFT thread - as some folks might be delayed, streaming, etc?

No. 

I’m in CA, so stream everything Bills. At best, I’m always 30 seconds behind with Sunday Ticket. Sooooo, rather than ask that everyone hold their info, I wait til halftime to check my phone. 

when I’m in the game day thread, I know there will be “spoilers.” And that’s my fault for being in there. Not others’ fault for being able to see WIVB. 

It's about people finding out on social media and tipping picks before they are announced by the commissioner.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Simon said:

You don't have to understand it or agree with it.

But be aware that if I get a report that somebody is tipping picks and it is diminishing the experience for others, I will lock that person out without hesitation.

Is there a way for me to know if my feed is faster/sooner than everyone else's? 

Maybe ONE person should be designated as the "revealer"?

Maybe there should be a designated member to officially start the discussion for the long awaited draft pick?

I am serious - how do we all know ,when it is safe to discuss the pick?

PS - I watch regular season Bills games on TV - I also read this game day thread while watching. I think it is great knowing ahead of time what the next play will be.

Edited by cd1
  • Haha (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, MJS said:

It's about people finding out on social media and tipping picks before they are announced by the commissioner.

Ohhhhhhhh. 

in that case, my stance was wrong. I literally thought people were complaining that others were watching live on channel 4 (I believe I’m remembering the local Buffalo channel number for bills games) and posting in the live thread. And they were mad because they were streaming so they were delayed. 

thanks for the clarification. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, stevestojan said:

Ohhhhhhhh. 

in that case, my stance was wrong. I literally thought people were complaining that others were watching live on channel 4 (I believe I’m remembering the local Buffalo channel number for bills games) and posting in the live thread. And they were mad because they were streaming so they were delayed. 

thanks for the clarification. 

Your first assumption was correct!  

1 hour ago, cd1 said:

I discovered a great many years ago, that if I don't want to spoil Christmas, STOP PEEKING. 

So you're telling people they can't hang out at their favorite website during the draft because other people should be allowed to tip picks and diminish the experience for them.

Seems a lot more courteous to welcome all by just waiting until you see several people talking about it and know the pick has been announced

On 4/27/2023 at 6:51 PM, CNYfan said:

The draft night thread is usually fun with much lively football banter and friendly discussion.  The opinions may vary but are usually well informed.

The biggest bummer is the one or two posters who have to ruin the thread and drama by declaring the pick before it is announced.

Please refrain from doing so if I may be so presumptuous to so request.

Thank you.  

What do you mean by tipping the pick?

Just now, jaybills said:

What do you mean by tipping the pick?

Just curious. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.