Any Devils or Rangers fans here?

Another Fan

I check in from time to time on the Sabres thread to see how the Sabres are doing.  While not a Sabres fan I like to see them do well.  But I never really see mention of other fans of other hockey teams.

Im from New Jersey where I grew up rooting for the Devils.  I still follow them to an extent but don’t watch the games.  Any Devils or Rangers fans here pumped for this series coming up?  To me it seemed like it was a much bigger deal in the 90s.  But maybe that’s because I don’t have my finger on the pulse of it 

Edited by Another Fan

As a German, my second favorite NHL team (a mile behind the Sabres) are the Oilers with Leon Draisaitl. It seems somewhat unfair to everybody else that two of the best forwards are on the same team, but such is life. Go Leon! Go Connor!

23 minutes ago, DrW said:

As a German, my second favorite NHL team (a mile behind the Sabres) are the Oilers with Leon Draisaitl. It seems somewhat unfair to everybody else that two of the best forwards are on the same team, but such is life. Go Leon! Go Connor!

It hasn't been too unfair yet with the 0 cups they've won so far ;)

1 hour ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Any coincidence how important coaching is to the game of ice hockey? 

If Lindy was the coach of the Sabres, I bet Sabres make the playoffs this year... 

This is a very intriguing question. Would the Bills have won a Superbowl in 1990-1993 with a different coach? Or, even more interesting IMHO, would McDermott have had more success with the same players?

• Like (+1) 1

17 hours ago, BillsPride12 said:

I'll say this as a Sabres fan I wouldn't mind seeing Jersey win it this year simply because I'd love to see Lindy win a Cup

The best was after one of NJs games, he comes in to do the press conference (it may have been when we lost in the playoffs to the Bengals) and immediately says “Let’s make this quick. The Bills are playing.”

• Awesome! (+1) 1

On 4/17/2023 at 12:51 PM, Another Fan said:

I check in from time to time on the Sabres thread to see how the Sabres are doing.  While not a Sabres fan I like to see them do well.  But I never really see mention of other fans of other hockey teams.

Im from New Jersey where I grew up rooting for the Devils.  I still follow them to an extent but don’t watch the games.  Any Devils or Rangers fans here pumped for this series coming up?  To me it seemed like it was a much bigger deal in the 90s.  But maybe that’s because I don’t have my finger on the pulse of it 

Our of curiosity, why the hell are you a Bills fan?  And why would you spend time at this forum?

3 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

Our of curiosity, why the hell are you a Bills fan?  And why would you spend time at this forum?

Out of curiosity why do you spend so much time on this forum if all you ever do is make snarky comments on peoples threads and feel you are above it all? 

On 4/18/2023 at 12:59 PM, Another Fan said:

Would you say the Devils/Rangers rivalry is as intense as the 90s? 

The hatred is there, but the play hasn’t been. 

I’m a huge fan of Schmid (Devils young goalie) and have been all year. 
He has “it” and I legit think he’s going to be a star. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.