Happy Easter Everyone!

dorquemada

Happy Easter to all my TBD guys and gals—appreciate you all and wish the best today for you and your families on this blessed day! 

55 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Easter is my least favorite holiday, but I’m not religious.  I hate ham and for some reason my wife always has to make it.  I even volunteered to make lasagna instead 🤷🏾‍♂️

Kids waking up at 6am to start eating their candy 🤦🏾‍♂️

I’m with you on the ham part—but douse it with some smashed potatoes and some good drippings and will be all good 😊 

3 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Easter is my least favorite holiday, but I’m not religious.  I hate ham and for some reason my wife always has to make it.  I even volunteered to make lasagna instead 🤷🏾‍♂️

Kids waking up at 6am to start eating their candy 🤦🏾‍♂️

I am strong in faith, but I still find this holiday a tough one.  Went to a two hour Vigil Mass last night (my favorite mass of the year) and spent part of the mass time wondering how torture, Crucifixion and then the Resurrection translate into Chocolate overload, Eating Pig, plastic grass, sugar chicks and a bunny. 

Anyhow, I got up early, went for a run and workout before anyone else was up and it put me in the right mindset.

Happy Easter Everyone.  I hope everyone is blessed and for those in faith God bless.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, JoeF said:

I am strong in faith, but I still find this holiday a tough one.  Went to a two hour Vigil Mass last night (my favorite mass of the year) and spent part of the mass time wondering how torture, Crucifixion and then the Resurrection translate into Chocolate overload, Eating Pig, plastic grass, sugar chicks and a bunny. 

Anyhow, I got up early, went for a run and workout before anyone else was up and it put me in the right mindset.

Happy Easter Everyone.  I hope everyone is blessed and for those in faith God bless.

I don’t know this to be true, and I can’t remember where I picked it up, but I thought that during medieval times it was believed that rabbits could reproduce without fornicating.  Thus, a connection was made with the Virgin Mary.  How the folklore of the Easter bunny hiding eggs and all the other stuff…no clue.  Again, I could be way off. 😂 

I suppose the one good thing about Easter for me is just relaxing with family.  We typically have a big breakfast and then go for a walk or a hike as a family if it’s nice out like today.  Then come home and have a couple mimosas or whatever and lay around the house.  This afternoon we’re having a Mario Cart tournament.  Good stuff.

29 minutes ago, JoeF said:

Well if you’re struggling with that aspect I can help you instantly

First the Church says to make life special for kids … It’s a magical time… Santa Claus and the Easter bunny is fun for the children

Now growing up in a very strict Catholic household I knew Santa Claus was Saint Nicholas… And the Easter bunny wasn’t real

And I’ve never seen an Easter bunny inside a Catholic Church

BUT

As our early church fathers said… After the resurrection of Jesus Christ

Mary Magdalene a disciple of Christ… Made her way to Rome and had a meeting with the Roman Empire Tiberius 

Upon meeting Tiberius… She held out an egg and said Christ is risen

Tiberius scoffed.., Said there’s just As much as a chance, As the egg in your hand turning red as a human coming back to life

To which the egg in Mary Magdalene’s hand turned red

Happy Easter Christ is risen

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

I don’t know this to be true, and I can’t remember where I picked it up, but I thought that during medieval times it was believed that rabbits could reproduce without fornicating.  Thus, a connection was made with the Virgin Mary.  How the folklore of the Easter bunny hiding eggs and all the other stuff…no clue.  Again, I could be way off. 😂 

I suppose the one good thing about Easter for me is just relaxing with family.  We typically have a big breakfast and then go for a walk or a hike as a family if it’s nice out like today.  Then come home and have a couple mimosas or whatever and lay around the house.  This afternoon we’re having a Mario Cart tournament.  Good stuff.

I answered it!

Being confirmed came in handy

• Awesome! (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Well if you’re struggling with that aspect I can help you instantly

First the Church says to make life special for kids … It’s a magical time… Santa Claus and the Easter bunny is fun for the children

Now growing up in a very strict Catholic household I knew Santa Claus was Saint Nicholas… And the Easter bunny wasn’t real

And I’ve never seen an Easter bunny inside a Catholic Church

BUT

As our early church fathers said… After the resurrection of Jesus Christ

Mary Magdalene a disciple of Christ… Made her way to Rome and had a meeting with the Roman Empire Tiberius 

Upon meeting Tiberius… She held out an egg and said Christ is risen

Tiberius scoffed.., Said there’s just As much as a chance, As the egg in your hand turning red as a human coming back to life

To which the egg in Mary Magdalene’s hand turned red

Happy Easter Christ is risen

Thanks!  Helps.  God Bless.

• Thank you (+1) 1

8 hours ago, JoeF said:

Thanks!  Helps.  God Bless.

God bless you my brother in Christ..

I have been blessed by the Lord to have his glory in me and without him nothing is possible 

Some of my favorite things to read are Of our early church fathers… The disciples of the disciples 

It leaves me no doubt as to why Jesus Christ is my Lord and Savior

The name for Easter in Jesus’s language is pascha …. Pischa is Hebrew for Passover 

Literally almost a direct translation

Jesus Christ is the Passover lamb…. And the new covenant pass over

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I have never seen my church as Full as yesterdays service. All races, all colors, a LOT of kids. It was Beautiful. My daughter sang a not very well known song regarding Jesus Resurrection. It is called "They Could Not" . This is a different vocalist rendition. Listen to the lyrics.

For all the Christians and others reading this. He is Risen!

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.