Raised from birth to be a QB...

duey

NFL | Police & Courts: Todd Marinovich - from www.KFFL.com

Thu, 26 May 2005 12:59:36 -0700

The Associated Press reports former NFL QB Todd Marinovich was arrested Friday, May 20, for being found in a public bathroom with apparent drug paraphernalia in Newport Beach, Calif. After a police officer found Marinovich in the bathroom with a bent spoon and syringe, the former first-round pick fled on bicycle but was arrested 15 blocks away. Marinovich was being held in an Orange County jail for investigation for a violation of his probation pending a drug court hearing.

http://www.kffl.com/hotw/NFL

I will never forget the arrogance of his father talking about how he put a football in his crib when Todd was a baby. Nice job douchbag...maybe you should have made sure he wasn't traumatized by all the pressure you put on him rather than planning for him to be your retirement ticket.

It also kills me that this loser came into Buffalo and got one of his few wins in our stadium. :lol:

The Associated Press reports former NFL QB Todd Marinovich was arrested Friday, May 20, for being found in a public bathroom with apparent drug paraphernalia in Newport Beach, Calif. After a police officer found Marinovich in the bathroom with a bent spoon and syringe, the former first-round pick fled on bicycle but was arrested 15 blocks away. Marinovich was being held in an Orange County jail for investigation for a violation of his probation pending a drug court hearing.

I will never forget the arrogance of his father talking about how he put a football in his crib when Todd was a baby.  Nice job douchbag...maybe you should have made sure he wasn't traumatized by all the pressure you put on him rather than planning for him to be your retirement ticket.

It also kills me that this loser came into Buffalo and got one of his few wins in our stadium.  :lol:

345824[/snapback]

What is the over/under on this guys age when he dies. I'm guessing he is about 33, I'd say lucky to hit 40

Man, I got all the way to the part where it mentioned he was found in a public restroom and I thought...Christ, he's gone from drugs to a restroom rumpranger.

345864[/snapback]

Maybe the heroin was for the numbing effect - so sitting wouldn't be such a problem later. Of course, they left off the "two empty shopping bags were also found" part of the story.

Multi-millionaire first round draft pick to heroine shooting bike rider. Nice parenting, Marv.

I will never forget the arrogance of his father talking about how he put a football in his crib when Todd was a baby.

345824[/snapback]

For every Archie Manning, Anthony Munoz and Jack Elway, there's a Marv Marinovich, Kellen Winslow or Bob Johnson.

Kids are already under a lot of athletic pressure from their parents at an age that's way too early IMHO.

Have you been to a six year old's soccer or t-ball game lately? Our children are not learning how to "play" any more. Just how to "perform". And there is a huge difference.

No wonder they don't have the coping skills as adults. It saddens me.

I will never forget the arrogance of his father talking about how he put a football in his crib when Todd was a baby.  Nice job douchbag...maybe you should have made sure he wasn't traumatized by all the pressure you put on him rather than planning for him to be your retirement ticket.

It also kills me that this loser came into Buffalo and got one of his few wins in our stadium.  :huh:

345824[/snapback]

Give the guy a break. He's not affecting your life. The only saints I know are in heaven.

Kids are already under a lot of athletic pressure from their parents at an age that's way too early IMHO. 

346412[/snapback]

I wish I had more pressure to be awesome at some sport growing up. Not like mean pressure but like we are going to spend 4 hours working on your swing every day pressure.

For every Archie Manning, Anthony Munoz and Jack Elway, there's a Marv Marinovich, Kellen Winslow or Bob Johnson.

If the Bob Johnson you refer to is RJ's father, all indications I'm aware of is that he did a fine job of parenting. Raised a 'fine young man'. As for a great fotball player :huh: ...

Also, I think there's a few indications that Archie's offspring might not qualify for citizens of the year.

see I don't understand all this negativity. Unless you are there everyday and know how these guys raised their kids how can you assume it was wrong? Todd M is a responsible adult. I'd hardly blame it on his father for decision he's making at this stage of his life.

see I don't understand all this negativity. Unless you are there everyday and know how these guys raised their kids how can you assume it was wrong? Todd M is a responsible adult. I'd hardly blame it on his father for decision he's make at this stage in his life.

346530[/snapback]

Actually, alot of it CAN be blamed on the father. He didn't allow his son to make any choices as a kid and the minute he got out from under his dad's thumb he pretty much went nuts and tried to make up for all the repression. Parenting is a balance and Marv Marinovich completely screwed the pooch on that one.

If the Bob Johnson you refer to is RJ's father, all indications I'm aware of is that he did a fine job of parenting.  Raised a 'fine young man'.

346526[/snapback]

Actually I'm referring more to stories that I've heard here and elsewhere that he was the kind of parent who would scream at players and officials from the stands and loudly second-guess the decisions of his sons' coaches.

Sometimes I think the hardest thing for a father who is also a coach to do is to leave other coaches alone when they're coaching his son.

see I don't understand all this negativity. Unless you are there everyday and know how these guys raised their kids how can you assume it was wrong? Todd M is a responsible adult. I'd hardly blame it on his father for decision he's making at this stage of his life.

346530[/snapback]

Dude didn't let his Kid have candy, soda or hamburgers, even. And that's the little stuff. He rode his son mercilessly. Well, congrats, Marv. Your boy's now a heroin-shooting butt-cowboy.

Dude didn't let his Kid have candy, soda or hamburgers, even. And that's the little stuff. He rode his son mercilessly. Well, congrats, Marv. Your boy's now a heroin-shooting butt-cowboy.

346575[/snapback]

:huh::doh:

Note to self: Let my son have the occasional hamburger and candy bar...

:lol:  :P

Note to self: Let my son have the occasional hamburger and candy bar...

346584[/snapback]

I read somewhere that Marv was some kind of world-class trainer and nutritional Nazi.

Proof positive that "healthy" living isn't always healthy.

Now where did I put that beer?