The Walls be Closing

Kemp

4 hours ago, Tommy Callahan said:

"Today, President Donald J. Trump informed FBI Director James Comey that he has been terminated and removed from office," White House press secretary Sean Spicer said in a statement.

"President Trump acted based on the clear recommendations of both Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein and Attorney General Jeff Sessions, Spicer added.

The President has held the power to appoint and dismiss the director of the FBI at his or her discretion since 1968.

The first FBI director to be fired was William S. Sessions, who was appointed by President Ronald Reagan in 1987. President Bill Clinton asked Sessions to resign multiple times

Sessions was reported to have used FBI aircraft to take numerous free trips to visit friends and relatives. His firing was endorsed by then-Attorney General Janet Reno.

Clinton fired Sessions in July 1993.

Comey absolutely deserved to be fired.  

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, wnyguy said:

Can anyone honestly trust an election, any election, anymore? 

Of course.  

If the corporate media, corporate politicians, corporate parrots say so. its fact.

Never mind how many times those exact sources have been dead wrong the last decade or two.

4 hours ago, Gene Frenkle said:

So it's rigged? Again? Really?

I'm sure if you lost AGAIN, the other side must be cheating. It couldn't possibly be anything you're doing...or could it?

That’s the nature of politics today, Frenx.  Started in 2015…Russians and whatnot.   Illegitimate elections.  2019….

https://www.warren.senate.gov/oversight/letters/warren-klobuchar-wyden-and-pocan-investigate-vulnerabilities-and-shortcomings-of-election-technology-industry-with-ties-to-private-equity

The stage was set if things went south again.  

• Angry 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

On 11/9/2023 at 7:44 AM, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

That’s the nature of politics today, Frenx.  Started in 2015…Russians and whatnot.   Illegitimate elections.  2019….

https://www.warren.senate.gov/oversight/letters/warren-klobuchar-wyden-and-pocan-investigate-vulnerabilities-and-shortcomings-of-election-technology-industry-with-ties-to-private-equity

So it's basically just been corrupt during your team's losing streak? Interesting insight into how MAGA coping mechanisms works. Not really trying to lump you in with some of the more *cough* "well-researched" folks here, but this statement sounds an awful lot like "when we lose, they cheated!", but in your more intellectual and well-written manner. It's still a bunch of crap.

• Eyeroll 1

1 hour ago, Gene Frenkle said:

So it's basically just been corrupt during your team's losing streak? Interesting insight into how MAGA coping mechanisms works. Not really trying to lump you in with some of the more *cough* "well-researched" folks here, but this statement sounds an awful lot like "when we lose, they cheated!", but in your more intellectual and well-written manner. It's still a bunch of crap.

No, you misunderstood.  In 2016, my team won,  if you’re keeping score.  Claims of illegitimate and stolen elections were rampant.   Preposterous or not, it worked because people buy that sort of thing.  

It’s not a question of cheating or not, it’s the political reality that claims of broken, illegitimate or stolen elections are a mainstream talking point.   Whomever won in 2020, the losing side was sure to claim the security and integrity of the election was in question.   

To be fair, really, it started long before 2015 and dem claims, but I was thinking of the more recent history.  Claims of hanging chads, Joe McCarthy, and Watergate for different reasons etc come to mind.  

I hope you’re masking up with that cough of yours, and get your durn booster shot, citizen.  Let me know if there are any side effects! 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

No, you misunderstood.  In 2016, my team won,  if you’re keeping score.  Claims of illegitimate and stolen elections were rampant.   Preposterous or not, it worked because people buy that sort of thing.  

It’s not a question of cheating or not, it’s the political reality that claims of broken, illegitimate or stolen elections are a mainstream talking point.   Whomever won in 2020, the losing side was sure to claim the security and integrity of the election was in question.   

To be fair, really, it started long before 2015 and dem claims, but I was thinking of the more recent history.  Claims of hanging chads, Joe McCarthy, and Watergate for different reasons etc come to mind.  

I hope you’re masking up with that cough of yours, and get your durn booster shot, citizen.  Let me know if there are any side effects! 

Sorry, bad eyes. I read 2019.

The 2016 election was not stolen, just unfortunate.

The 2018 election was not stolen.

The 2020 election was not stolen.

Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose. I'm okay with that. As a nation, we need to get over this *****, but we won't because nobody seems to be able to ween themselves from their preferred cable "news" echo chambers. It's gross.

Be best.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Trump is a criminal who has called for abandoning the Constitution. 

Now, the Republican Party stance is to totally ignore the voting of citizens. 

The Trump fascists are no longer a faction of the Republican Party. They are one and the same.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/ohio-abortion-issue-1-republicans-judiciary/

• Angry 1

For all you lefty dummys... thanks in part to all of YOU and your dear party, yes a real wall be closing.

MARKETS

Moody’s cuts U.S. outlook to negative, citing deficits and political polarization

Moody’s Investors Service lowered its ratings outlook on the United States’ government to negative from stable, pointing to rising risks to the nation’s fiscal strength.

The ratings agency has affirmed the long-term issuer and senior unsecured ratings of the U.S. at Aaa.

Moody’s move to cut its outlook arrives as Congress faces the looming threat of a government shutdown once more. The government is funded through next Friday.

Newly elected House Speaker Mike Johnson said he plans to release a Republican government funding plan on Saturday.

https://www.cnbc.com/2023/11/10/moodys-cuts-usa-outlook-to-negative-citing-higher-interest-rates-and-deficits.html

• Vomit 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

the knives are out.  go get em...et tu brute?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-s-rivals-seize-on-opportunities-to-challenge-his-acuity/ar-AA1jKKXC

On 11/9/2023 at 7:44 AM, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

shame on you.  u know better.  propagandist!  who do u work for?

On 11/10/2023 at 2:00 PM, Gene Frenkle said:

Sorry, bad eyes. I read 2019.

The 2016 election was not stolen, just unfortunate.

The 2018 election was not stolen.

The 2020 election was not stolen.

Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose. I'm okay with that. As a nation, we need to get over this *****, but we won't because nobody seems to be able to ween themselves from their preferred cable "news" echo chambers. It's gross.

Be best.

or they don't care about truth.  they know it but it doesn't matter.  they want what's best for them.  damn the torpedoes or anyone in their scummy way.....