Firearm Deaths Are The Leading Cause Of Death Of Children In United States

On 4/11/2023 at 9:17 AM, LeviF said:

Well if anyone was curious, when you run the data in an honest way, and you start sorting by *REDACTED*, you get results that look like this:

WONDER2-1.png

Even including suicide this dataset has less than half the firearm death rate of the US at large over the same amount of time.

Meanwhile this next dataset, well:

WONDER7.8.thumb.PNG.5f90e11a0c865edbb8a77a6ad0778b9a.PNG

The rate here is is about 2/3rds HIGHER than the overall national rate.

On 4/11/2023 at 9:28 AM, LeviF said:

Care to take a look and give us a quick analysis? The top dataset is white non-hispanic aged 0-17, inclusive. The bottom is black of any ethnicity aged 0-17, inclusive. Causes of death for all firearm codes 2018-2021. 

Reminder for the *REDACTED*-deficient among us.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

• 3 months later...

On 8/26/2023 at 11:07 PM, BillStime said:

On 8/27/2023 at 9:59 AM, Tiberius said:

In further evidence of Americans’ waning attention spans, the once annual ritual of gun control activists and their media lackeys manipulating CDC fatal injury data to push a misleading factoid about children and firearms has become semiannual.

This is how it works:

Step one, acquire statistics on firearm-related deaths among children ages 0-14.

Step two, combine that relatively low number with the far greater number of firearm-related deaths involving juveniles and young adults ages 15-19, or even ages 15-24.

Step three, present the resulting data as the shocking number of “children” (ages 0-19 or 0-24) who are subjected to “gun violence” each day/week/month/year. Step four, use the disingenuous statistic to advocate for pre-determined gun control policies.

Back in March, gun controllers dredged up this tactic once again, using CDC’s 2021 fatal injury data. As with overall violent crime, firearm-related violence has been elevated in recent years, alongside the conscious implementation of soft-on-crime criminal justice policies. Sadly, younger people were no exception to this increase.

{snip}

As all these items are based on the same 2021 CDC fatal injury data, they are misleading in the same manner as the March CNN article. Simply put, firearms are not the leading cause of death among children – even under the most expansive definition of the term (ages 0-17).

The next time you see a shocking headline about children and firearms, keep in mind how those pushing a political agenda have no interest in the truth.

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/refuting-the-lefts-favorite-lie-no-guns-dont-kill-more-children-than-cars/

* and yes, even one child killed by gunfire is too many, but you don't get to lie to push your agenda

👆🤡 

5 minutes ago, B-Man said:

and yes, even one child killed by gunfire is too many, but you don't get to lie to push your agenda

Everyone is pushing an agenda except Bonnie and the nut jobs at THE TRUTH ABOUT GUNS.

giphy.gif

They never f'n think.

lol

50 minutes ago, B-Man said:

In further evidence of Americans’ waning attention spans, the once annual ritual of gun control activists and their media lackeys manipulating CDC fatal injury data to push a misleading factoid about children and firearms has become semiannual.

This is how it works:

Step one, acquire statistics on firearm-related deaths among children ages 0-14.

Step two, combine that relatively low number with the far greater number of firearm-related deaths involving juveniles and young adults ages 15-19, or even ages 15-24.

Step three, present the resulting data as the shocking number of “children” (ages 0-19 or 0-24) who are subjected to “gun violence” each day/week/month/year. Step four, use the disingenuous statistic to advocate for pre-determined gun control policies.

Back in March, gun controllers dredged up this tactic once again, using CDC’s 2021 fatal injury data. As with overall violent crime, firearm-related violence has been elevated in recent years, alongside the conscious implementation of soft-on-crime criminal justice policies. Sadly, younger people were no exception to this increase.

{snip}

As all these items are based on the same 2021 CDC fatal injury data, they are misleading in the same manner as the March CNN article. Simply put, firearms are not the leading cause of death among children – even under the most expansive definition of the term (ages 0-17).

The next time you see a shocking headline about children and firearms, keep in mind how those pushing a political agenda have no interest in the truth.

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/refuting-the-lefts-favorite-lie-no-guns-dont-kill-more-children-than-cars/

* and yes, even one child killed by gunfire is too many, but you don't get to lie to push your agenda

Speaking of narratives, you know how lefties frequently posit that drug laws are racist??

Yet those same ‘principled’ 😂 morons don’t see their same logic would apply to gun laws too, and decriminalization should be their argument.

It’s funny how dumb party sycophants are, being told what to think without any personal injection of logic or rationale. 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, B-Man said:

This is how it works:

{snip}

More guns = more crime 

• Haha (+1) 1

On 3/11/2023 at 8:25 AM, Tiberius said:

Just a thought this couldn't be due to the awesome parenting of today could it ? I wonder how many parents were enthralled in their iPads, computers & such on twitter, instagram, tweeter & what ever else while these kids were getting into something that they shouldn't have .

Maybe if the parents were actually paying attention to what their children were doing or how about this taking this kids out to the country & teaching them just how to use a weapon & the devastating power that a gun has instead of being on FB there could be less of this but it's easier to blame the gun instead of the parental laziness that has become very apparent in the US today .

But that wouldn't fit the agenda now would it ?? 

Owe & my old man made it known that my decisions would have consequences !! I knew where every one of my old mans guns were but i also knew that the ass whooping that awaited me if i were to go anywhere near them would fit the crime of me breaking his rules .

And before you twist it into saying that my old man abused me no it was discipline pure and simple, the punishment for me making that decision to break his rules fit the crime but in todays world discipline is sitting in time out or taking away 1 toy while letting the child play with their other 200 toys . 

Yep that will teach them . 

On 8/26/2023 at 11:12 PM, John from Riverside said:

Responsible gun ownership
That’s all I want

Which starts with those that own them teaching children just how powerful & devastating they can be & being parents rather than FB trolls . But that's just me .

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, T master said:

Just a thought this couldn't be due to the awesome parenting of today could it ? I wonder how many parents were enthralled in their iPads, computers & such on twitter, instagram, tweeter & what ever else while these kids were getting into something that they shouldn't have .

Maybe if the parents were actually paying attention to what their children were doing or how about this taking this kids out to the country & teaching them just how to use a weapon & the devastating power that a gun has instead of being on FB there could be less of this but it's easier to blame the gun instead of the parental laziness that has become very apparent in the US today .

But that wouldn't fit the agenda now would it ?? 

Owe & my old man made it known that my decisions would have consequences !! I knew where every one of my old mans guns were but i also knew that the ass whooping that awaited me if i were to go anywhere near them would fit the crime of me breaking his rules .

And before you twist it into saying that my old man abused me no it was discipline pure and simple, the punishment for me making that decision to break his rules fit the crime but in todays world discipline is sitting in time out or taking away 1 toy while letting the child play with their other 200 toys . 

Yep that will teach them . 

Which starts with those that own them teaching children just how powerful & devastating they can be & being parents rather than FB trolls . But that's just me .

Too many guns, criminals have easy access, that draws in others to get guns, and mass shootings follow 

On 8/26/2023 at 11:07 PM, BillStime said:

Okay so rather than making a blanket statement to fit what your trying to put across can you give a break down of that statistic ?

Say what percentage is thugs doing drive by shootings ? What percentage is crimes being committed ? What percentage is parents not paying attention to their children & being actual parents having their time completely occupied by FB, Twitter, Instagram ? 

Then how many of these gun owners were responsible enough to teach anything at all to the children around the fire arms . Or how many homes that have guns in them are there children that survive and have nothing bad happen because of responsible parenting ? 

Just throwing it out there . It is terrible for any child to lose a life to something like this but what is the reason or reasons behind these types of things you can't fix any of it by blaming the gun because by it self it can do nothing i have guns and have never had one shoot me or anything else all by it's self .

It takes incompetence to lead the way in any of these instances so before just throwing out a blanket statement please give us all the other factors that come along with these horrible shootings .

Kind of like auto accidents for instance how many were caused by drunk driving, how many were because of distracted driving, how many were due to fatigue you get what i'm saying ?? Probably not but others will ...

Oh and Gavin Newsome is such a authority on anything to do involving common sense we should all be listening to that wing nut !!

Edited by T master
  • Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Too many guns, criminals have easy access, that draws in others to get guns, and mass shootings follow 

Of course mental health, lack of consequences due to peoples actions, then catch and release of say those like DA Bragg in NY, also the lack of responsible parenting have absolutely nothing to do with this right ??? 

IT'S ALL JUST ONE AND ONLY ONE THING THEM DAM GUNS !!

None of mine have ever shot anything all by them selves ! It has actually had to have me or someone else to first pick them up, point them at something they want to shoot, & then have the intent of pulling the trigger to shoot & or kill what ever it is the PERSON HOLDING THE GUN is shooting at . NOT THE GUN .

Criminals will always get guns you will never stop that no matter how hard you try . The war on drugs has been going on for 100 years despite all the laws & the drugs are still there so what does that tell you ?

Edited by T master
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Tiberius said:

More guns = more crime 

@Irv What are you laughing at? All those guns deaths make you giggly? 

1 hour ago, T master said:

Of course mental health, lack of consequences due to peoples actions, then catch and release of say those like DA Bragg in NY, also the lack of responsible parenting have absolutely nothing to do with this right ??? 

IT'S ALL JUST ONE AND ONLY ONE THING THEM DAM GUNS !!

None of mine have ever shot anything all by them selves ! It has actually had to have me or someone else to first pick them up, point them at something they want to shoot, & then have the intent of pulling the trigger to shoot & or kill what ever it is the PERSON HOLDING THE GUN is shooting at . NOT THE GUN .

Criminals will always get guns you will never stop that no matter how hard you try . The war on drugs has been going on for 100 years despite all the laws & the drugs are still there so what does that tell you ?

Nation flooded with guns, of course people are going to go on shooting sprees everyday. 

Gotta get them guns off the streets. Your policies help criminals and drug cartels 

Great job! :thumbsup:

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Nation flooded with guns, of course people are going to go on shooting sprees everyday. 

Gotta get them guns off the streets. Your policies help criminals and drug cartels 

My whole family has owned guns and hunted our whole lives.  I personally own twenty guns.  Never a problem.  Always used safely.  Never used for crimes or to hurt anybody.  Stored safely and securely.  So why aren't guns a problem for me then?  Why aren't my guns a problem if the guns are the root cause?  If you owned a gun would the gun, be a cause of problems for you?  Cause you to kill.  Rob people?  Go on a shooting spree?    

You have no logic.   

3 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Well then explain your solution ! Seeing as you have all the answers to this problem please explain i would love there your solution . I'll be waiting .

You go from the heading of leading death amongst children to having to get guns off the streets away from criminals to jump on a different subject when my answer was about the afore mentioned heading or topic then you change it par for the course !

But like i said i'll be waiting for the common sense cure all answer .

Edited by T master

• 5 months later...