Doctor gives reason for Buffalo abandoning the short to intermediate passing game midseason

transplantbillsfan

On 2/24/2023 at 12:45 AM, Buffalo Super Fan said:

Bottom line the Buffalo Bills offensive line isn’t good enough. It was very obvious during this years Super Bowl no way does our offensive line match up with neither one of those Super Bowl teams Kansas City Chiefs or the Philadelphia Eagles in my opinion.

The Buffalo Bills wouldn’t have won the Super Bowl regardless of QB Josh Allen elbow. One superstar player isn’t going to win Buffalo our first undisputed National Championship we have seen this pattern play out of the past 50 plus years of Buffalo sports college and professional. We saw that with the Bonnies Bob Lanier, the Sabres Gilbert Perrault, the Braves Bob McAdoo, the Bills Jim Kelly, the Sabres Dominik Hasek now the Bills Josh Allen. See the theme Buffalo sports teams relying on one superstar player and then if something happens like a injury the Buffalo sports team is done in regards of winning a undisputed National Championship because our Buffalo teams lack depth.

We don’t have well round Buffalo sports teams we rely on one superstar than we get let down when something like a injury or one play happens that cost Buffalo a championship. Our Buffalo sports teams are too thin with not enough depth that does Buffalo sports teams in. Not Buffalo sports teams bad luck or the team is curse or Buffalo is curse why we lose. We don’t have the depth on our roster throughout to win a undisputed National Championship in my opinion. Go Bills! Let’s Go Buffalo 

Clearly we don’t rely on just one superstar player because the von miller/Micah hyde injuries absolutely sunk us. The defensive line went from one of the best in the league to one of the worst and when we couldn’t pressure with 4 our banged up secondary struggled.   If you took chris jones away from the chiefs midseason there’s no chance they win the Super Bowl.  

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

6 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

And still no Super Bowl wins!

Are we witnessing another great QB who goes out with no ring? 

What moves, happenings, events, etc.. can you see or project that gives you confidence this team and organization can make a Super Bowl and win it? 

What's the likliehood of it happening? 

Because Josh Allen is better than Jim Kelly.

Yes, I'll go there  :flirt:

14 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Because Josh Allen is better than Jim Kelly.

Yes, I'll go there  :flirt:

That's very debatable. Also, two different teams and Allen is still young in his career.

Pretty bold statement when Kelly is sitting in the hall of fame. 

I love Allen but truthfully he woefully falls short of Kelly. In fairness, it's not his fault because he has dog pop for an oline and limited weapons. This has been the case for several years now. 

Until Allen can win a Super Bowl in my eyes he's no Kelly. 

• Disagree 1

48 minutes ago, Lieutenant Aldo Raine said:

LOL; you're were a Josh hater from the beginning. 

I had my doubts when he was drafted. I'm sure I wasn't the only one.

At one point at thought he was regressing and I was wrong. Never been so happy to be incorrect.

At this point, I think it's safe to say he's at least a top 5 QB and probably top 3.

There are years of a sample size to say he's a franchise QB. What's not to love about that. He's the glue to the franchise. As a Bills fan, I don't know how you can't have respect and admiration for Allen.

For the record, I've never been a Allen hater. Skeptical indeed but never a hater. Big difference. 

8 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

That's very debatable. Also, two different teams and Allen is still young in his career.

Pretty bold statement when Kelly is sitting in the hall of fame. 

I love Allen but truthfully he woefully falls short of Kelly. In fairness, it's not his fault because he has dog pop for an oline and limited weapons. This has been the case for several years now. 

Until Allen can win a Super Bowl in my eyes he's no Kelly. 

Dan Marino was a better QB than Kelly. He never won a Super Bowl and only got to 1.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, newcam2012 said:

Let's hope Allen isn't the next Marino. Or should we hope he is?

Marino had a HOF coach at the tail end of his career and very little Elite talent surrounding him.

If I were to compare 90s vs now Bills. Allen, Diggs, and Knox (though not by much over Metzelars) get the edge. 90s Bills had an OL I'd drool over today. Thurman and Kenny Davis were obviously far superior to what we currently have.

Any wonder that our focal point for discussion has been WR (can you imagine us tracaliber? or aquiring a WR of James Lofton's calibre?), OL, and RB?

I just don't care about defense anymore. Does defense even matter anymore? I'd love to see McDermott more hands on next season. Andy Reid showed he's a brilliant enough offensive coach that he could scheme an offense with Mahomes, Kelce and a buncha JAGs. It'd be awesome if McDermott could figure out how to do the same with the Defense (especially if Tremaine walks) while investing heavily in offensive talent in FA and the draft.

1 hour ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Marino had a HOF coach at the tail end of his career and very little Elite talent surrounding him.

If I were to compare 90s vs now Bills. Allen, Diggs, and Knox (though not by much over Metzelars) get the edge. 90s Bills had an OL I'd drool over today. Thurman and Kenny Davis were obviously far superior to what we currently have.

Any wonder that our focal point for discussion has been WR (can you imagine us tracaliber? or aquiring a WR of James Lofton's calibre?), OL, and RB?

I just don't care about defense anymore. Does defense even matter anymore? I'd love to see McDermott more hands on next season. Andy Reid showed he's a brilliant enough offensive coach that he could scheme an offense with Mahomes, Kelce and a buncha JAGs. It'd be awesome if McDermott could figure out how to do the same with the Defense (especially if Tremaine walks) while investing heavily in offensive talent in FA and the draft.

Agree but you have to realize that McD is a defensive guy. His mindset, focus, and much attention has been geared towards the defense. 

I believe McD is very hands on. I think him and Fraizer are 100% on the same page. I'd agrue that's why Fraizer is still the DC. This pairing really needs to be broken up. 

Problem is the regular season stats looks good to great. The McD/ Fraizer D is a nice one for regular season games. Solid against middling teams. We know how it is during the playoffs. The same can't be said. The Bills almost got beat by a horrible 3rd string QB. Then Cinci O annihilated the Bills D. Same in KC the previous year. 

The Bills just can't do the same thing. It's not working in the playoffs. The best analogy I can give is think James Harden. Yet, the Bills are running it back with Fraizer/McD. I'm not enthusiastic about that. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.