NFL.com ranking teams WR situations before free agency/draft

BADOLBILZ

9 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

This is like your star lotulelei take.  Completely wrong.😅

Agree.

Gabe was targeted 93 times and caught 48 balls. 

You don't have to be a math major or a football expert to know that's not good. Certainly isn't what the Bills are looking for in a so called number 2 WR. 

I suppose one could say Allen just couldn't get him the ball. That's a big stretch.

Instead, my eyes saw a blanketed Davis time after time. A Davis who rarely fought for a ball and caught it. We had a whole season to see he's not the #2 guy. 

Will be interested to see if this fantastic offensive coaching staff thinks Gabe can step up and improve. 

Edited by newcam2012

17 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

Thanks. I get a lot of negative feedback for my critical posts which I admit are usually ultra negative. 

Nice to get some positive feedback. 

I absolutely love this team and have for a half century.

and I am almost cartoonish in my belief in them.

but I refuse to close my eyes about who they are and where they are going until they actually win it all.

On 2/24/2023 at 3:54 AM, Thurman#1 said:

#2s are indeed replaceable. But will probably cost on the order of $10M a year or more. And then you have to worry about how they fit on each team and in each offense. Not all of them do.

But you're kidding yourself if you think they'll let Gabe walk. You're stuck with him for another year at the very least. Cutting him now would save us $2.9M cap hit minus $174K dead money, or around $2.7M, and $2.7M for (assuming zero improvement) 836 yards and 7 TDs is a value that few if any GMs would give up, particularly in a year when the cap is tight.

IMO they'll be bringing in another FA, though probably not a $10M a year guy. And hopefully drafting one somewhat early. Hopefully that will make you happier.

Would you be happy if we go with Diggs-Davis- shakir and drafted another slot WR in rd 3 to push Shakir?

4 hours ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

I absolutely love this team and have for a half century.

and I am almost cartoonish in my belief in them.

but I refuse to close my eyes about who they are and where they are going until they actually win it all.

Very nice reply. We are on the same page. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, ScottLaw said:

The amount of ***** I got on this board for suggesting the Bills WRs were very overrated by the fans here and the line was bad prior to this past season was incredible…. Seems everyone has come around.😅

You and me both, I got roasted every single time I pointed out Diggs was the only guy w 1000 yards in a season ever in their career and that Davis would have to step up to a new role for it to work.. but he worked so hard in the off-season, he couldn’t fail.   Welp, he did.

1 minute ago, ScottLaw said:

The amount of ***** I got on this board for suggesting the Bills WRs were very overrated by the fans here and the line was bad prior to this past season was incredible…. Seems everyone has come around.😅

Some came around.........and others who vehemently denied the need, like eball and Logic,  just totally left or avoid the subject altogether now.

We really didn't start hearing the pundits saying the Bills weapons weren't very good until midseason this year.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

You were certainly much more accurate about the oline than Joe Marino was.

Edited by Billy Claude

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.