Dan Orlovsky All-Time QB list

Solomon Grundy

Marino over Montana!!

Lol

Like saying Jeff George was better than Kelly because he had the better arm.

On 2/4/2023 at 7:39 PM, Wizard said:

I can't speak to the Otto Graham or Sammy Baugh era quarterbacks. The game was significantly different.

This is my top 10. As others have said, Mahomes, Allen, and Burrow can make the top 10 list, but not yet. Let's wait 7-10 years. I do believe all three will be no lower than Tier 3 with Mahomes and Allen both being Tier 2 or higher.

Tier 1

Brady

Montana

Manning

Unitas

Staubach

Elway

Favre

Rodgers

Marino

Brees

Tier II (No order)

Young, Tarkenton, Moon, Big Ben, Bradshaw, Aikman, Starr.

Kelly would probably start a long Tier 3 list as about the 16th-20th best QB in my opinion right now.

Come on! You have to put Kelly ahead of Moon!!  A good arm does not mean they are a great quarterback..

• 2 weeks later...

Bumping this to see what people think now after a 2nd championship and a super bowl MVP to go with regular season MVP (something Brady never did in a single season). I still don't think he's there yet but Mahomes is definitely making a push for top 5 all time now. If someone had him in there I don't think I could argue much.

My list would be:

1. Brady

2. Montana

3. Manning

4. Elway

5. This is where it starts to get murky. Could be Rodgers, Favre, Marino, Mahomes, I'd listen to your argument for others.

I think 1 more MVP type year and or a title and Mahomes is firmly in this spot and probably at #4 a year or so after that. I fully expect he will finish his career top 2 at minimum so Orlovsky may eventually be right. Montana played in an era when they used to hit the QB so Mahomes will have a much longer career.

I don't know if he will ever win as many rings as Brady but he will probably break most of his passing records so it might end up being a toss up for best all time. He may have to do it with a new coach at some point, I don't think Andy Reid will last more than a couple more seasons. I'll check back in 10 years and see where we are at...

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.