MY OPINION

Billever76

3 hours ago, Billever76 said:

The miller signing was a desperation signing to compensate for poor drafting and development of our Dline 

That's the whole point of this post...if we had reversed the way we have went around Building this team we could have an offense that RIVALS  everyone...then and only then do you start filling out the defense..it's an offense driven league and to deny that is to live in the land of delusions

Indeed we have a qb with the athletic abilities that make him a UNICORN.  If they had the invested in OL and weapons for Allen the perfect game against NE would be just the first in a string of similar games that no other QB is close to doing once. 

And the kicker is with that offense our current defense would work perfectly for.

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Don't you think that 20 points were too many for a Zach Wilson led offense? 

Not as much as I think 17 points wasn't enough for a Josh Allen led offense.

The Bills defense gave up 0.9 points more than their season average that game.

The Bills offense scored 11.4 points less than their season average that game.

Which side of the ball under performed?   Take your time, I know it's a tough one and it involves math. 

I'm done with this ridiculous argument.  It's like talking into a dead phone.

Edited by Inigo Montoya

4 hours ago, Billever76 said:

I would have posted these thoughts on Sunday at 8pm but I was suspended for "CRUSADING" against coaches 😆...But crusade against players is open season here....fans hold our current staff almost Godly in Buffalo and credit them with turning the franchise around...I see it as they got lucky on Josh Allen and Allen is the biggest reason of why we are now a winning team...

Dude you're not wrong and I agree with everything in your post. They'll always be those loyal to McD because he dug us out of the drought.  And for that I'm thankful.  You either build your team around Josh or you don't. 

• Like (+1) 3

4 hours ago, BarleyNY said:

Something I think you have wrong is thinking Beane is McDermott’s boss. He’s not, McDermott hired Beane.

I think this is just a rumor that fans and or some media made it up.  It may be true but I dont think it is.  Just because McD basically took over the draft with Whaley who was headed out the door and the Pegulas hired Beane under McD's suggestion, doesn't mean that McD is the boss.  They probably work together like most GM/Coach relationships.

1 minute ago, Chaos said:

image.thumb.png.fc1f3658122867e36021d6941fddfdbd.png

I can assure you I'm not an AI bot lol

4 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

I think this is just a rumor that fans and or some media made it up.  It may be true but I dont think it is.  Just because McD basically took over the draft with Whaley who was headed out the door and the Pegulas hired Beane under McD's suggestion, doesn't mean that McD is the boss.  They probably work together like most GM/Coach relationships.

Idk I think McDermott values defense so much its almost like he has 0 concern for anything to do with the offense...and the way Bean has drafted and our signing of Von would tell me Bean did what McDermott told him to

5 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

The way I understand it is they both report to Pegula

It seems to me like they have gotten along perfectly

I can understand all this talk if the team wasn’t winning and not having 13 and three seasons but there’s absolutely no reason to believe that these two don’t get along great

I am sure that they’re feeling a little bit of heat given that they’re getting close to winning it all and then not getting the final prize but other than four other teams in the league other teams would be dying to have this relationship in the front office

22 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Dude you're not wrong and I agree with everything in your post. They'll always be those loyal to McD because he dug us out of the drought.  And for that I'm thankful.  You either build your team around Josh or you don't. 

Unfortunately with this coaching staff it feels we will continue to build this team around MCDERMOTT 

3 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

The way I understand it is they both report to Pegula

It seems to me like they have gotten along perfectly

I can understand all this talk if the team wasn’t winning and not having 13 and three seasons but there’s absolutely no reason to believe that these two don’t get along great

I am sure that they’re feeling a little bit of heat given that they’re getting close to winning it all and then not getting the final prize but other than four other teams in the league other teams would be dying to have this relationship in the front office

I think Pegula simply isn't a hands on owner and I think bean was brought in by McDermott bc McDermott knows he will get the most sway out of any other gm....McDermott is loyal to his coordinators and men he brought in that even if one is fired he will just promote someone from within and just continue to run the same ship....I don't see any changes in how our process progresses with this entire staff...and without demand from the top it is gonna continue to be a defense first mentality imo....I don't want to say this Regime smells of cronyism but it's enough to make one wonder

4 minutes ago, Billever76 said:

Unfortunately with this coaching staff it feels we will continue to build this team around MCDERMOTT 

I think Pegula simply isn't a hands on owner and I think bean was brought in by McDermott bc McDermott knows he will get the most sway out of any other gm....McDermott is loyal to his coordinators and men he brought in that even if one is fired he will just promote someone from within and just continue to run the same ship....I don't see any changes in how our process progresses with this entire staff...and without demand from the top it is gonna continue to be a defense first mentality imo....I don't want to say this Regime smells of cronyism but it's enough to make one wonder

I have no doubt that being was brought in by McDermott and that’s because he does good at what he does probably they also have a good working relationship together. A lot of this is about fit know who reports to who

It has worked well anyone that says that has not worked well is not paying attention. They are a perennial playoff contender even though they have not won the final prize that doesn’t make it a failure failure is whenever they don’t make the playoffs and people get fired.

Just now, John from Riverside said:

I have no doubt that being was brought in by McDermott and that’s because he does good at what he does probably they also have a good working relationship together. A lot of this is about fit know who reports to who

It has worked well anyone that says that has not worked well is not paying attention. They are a perennial playoff contender even though they have not won the final prize that doesn’t make it a failure failure is whenever they don’t make the playoffs and people get fired.

Explain how 4 of our 6 firsts have went to defense and why they aren't progressing much....I mean our 1st round pick last season rode the bench most of the year while Dane jackson was burnt toast....if you can honestly say bean has done a good job then idk what you have been watching.....if we simply switched our defense draft picks with offense ones and the von signing with a stud wr I'd argue our team would be in much better shape...I see it as we have done things totally backwards on how we assembled this team through the draft and FA

7 minutes ago, Billever76 said:

Explain how 4 of our 6 firsts have went to defense and why they aren't progressing much....I mean our 1st round pick last season rode the bench most of the year while Dane jackson was burnt toast....if you can honestly say bean has done a good job then idk what you have been watching.....if we simply switched our defense draft picks with offense ones and the von signing with a stud wr I'd argue our team would be in much better shape...I see it as we have done things totally backwards on how we assembled this team through the draft and FA

General managers are rated on how well the team performs.Period

Frankly, whenever you get the franchise QB, right, it gives you a lot of leeway

2 minutes ago, Billever76 said:

Yea josh allen has masked the failures from the gm and coaching staff imo

no doubt, but that masking only goes so far

It doesn’t mask that the defense went number one in dvoa during the regular season

Once again, whenever you’re evaluating management, you don’t just evaluate how they did in the playoffs. The regular season is taken into consideration as a fan can choose to evaluate it the way that you want but the people that are doling out the paychecks do not view it that way, nor should they. 

Let’s put it this way. Let’s say the bills fire Brandon beane he would have another job before he made it to his car

Edited by John from Riverside

1 minute ago, John from Riverside said:

no doubt, but that masking only goes so far

It doesn’t mask that the defense went number one in dvoa during the regular season

Once again, whenever you’re evaluating management, you don’t just evaluate how they did in the playoffs. The regular season is taken into consideration as a fan can choose to evaluate it the way that you want but the people that are doling out the paychecks do not view it that way, nor should they. 

I'd beg to differ...once you have reached the point where regular season wins don't equate to playoff and superbowl success it might be time to reevaluate esp if you value the time we will have a generational at QB for

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.