Discussion about Sean Payton

Kirby Jackson

So many here want a coach with a worse regular season record than McD and playoff record slightly better, but if take the one SB season away playoff record is also worse.  And he too coached all those seasons with one of the top 5 QB's in the league.

But that brings up the other problem, if you don't take a re-tread how do you know you're getting the new bright young mind that can win it all or another Kinsbury or the guy Carolina fired who was supposed to also be the new hot thing.  Even McVay needs to be questioned.  For every new coach that comes along and has the success level that McD has had, there are probably around 5 or more  failures.  These guys all may make great coordinators, but not maybe a great HC.

Edited by Ed_Formerly_of_Roch

16 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I think a lot of things. What I don't do is project my thoughts onto supposing other people think the same things. 

That's fair. You can easily rephrase the above. 

Giving the coaching staff for more leeway for repetitive failure sets a poor example for players and creates a rift of different classes within the team.  Leadership, if anything, should always be held to a higher standard. When leadership continually fails you, that's when you lose respect in the locker room. And by all indications, between the disengaged play, comments from Milano, abs actions of Diggs leaving early, the players are already there. You are losing a good team, you let this go any further then you will need a complete blow up and reconstruction which would set us back and cause further waste if Allen's career.  This needs to be addressed now. 13 seconds was firable considering past failures, this year was a mercy year. Pegula needs to step up and take control, either one, and i have the feeling it's going to need to be Kim because Terry doesn't have the fortitude. 

The first step IMHO needs to be replacing Frazier. Our defense is too soft, this bend-don’t-break philosophy continues to screw us over, and I am tired of hearing how good our defense is and then not actually seeing it on the field. They’ve invested lots of money and picks on the D and we’re right where we were last year - done in the divisional. I know McD is a defensive coach but I hope he could be man enough to let someone come in with fresh ideas.

And then there’s the O-line. But I can’t even go there right now.

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

The question about Sean Peyton is he reportedly wants front office control. Terry certainly has the money but would he be willing to cut Beanes authority as well. 

We haven't drafted a single pro bowler in any of the last 4 drafts. If it weren't for Allen he would be gone.

20 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

The question about Sean Peyton is he reportedly wants front office control. Terry certainly has the money but would he be willing to cut Beanes authority as well. 

or just let him bring Jeff Ireland and have a fresh start. 

I do t think it’s happening but you don’t do it halfway. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.