McDermott and Beane Have to Go

PepeSilvia

12 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

That’s really not the point do you wanna bust down a 13 and three team hope that it gets better then realize that it’s not going to because they have to learn all new systems and schemes and by the time that it’s over Josh Allen has wasted his youth?

The only time that you bust down a team is when they show regression 13 and three team did not show progression. It needs to learn how to win in the playoffs.

This team is not progressing.  Other teams in the AFCE and the conference are.  Poor drafting is catching up with the Bills; they are drafting replacement level guys, while our competition is drafting studs. Without Josh Allen, this team is a bottom feeder, battling it out with Houston.  Of course, without Josh, Beane and McDermott are unemployed…

Edited by mannc
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 4

i honestly think the optimal move would be to replace the whole FO with better people right now.  i don't think that's in the cards, and probably not even possible.

next best would be to keep the non coaching FO, and ditch the coaches.  again, i think mcclaps is the boss at one bills drive and no shot they can him.

next ideal would be to keep mcclap, fore both OC and DC and bring in someone good (reich, roman?) and either have mcd run the d or bring in a new DC.

I don't think a HC stays and fires everyone else.  so it kinda leaves us with the perfect scape goat play, mcd fires frazier and keeps dorsey (dorsey might deserve another chance, i dunno).

now, the worst possible outcome, because it would be so cowardly, is not standing pat, it is firing the OC and keeping frazier.  that's what rex ryan did when he fired roman after we lost to the jets in an absolute shoot out.

• Like (+1) 2

It’s funny how everyone agrees Frazier should be fired and Dorsey gets another year, when Buffalo’s defense held the Bengals to their average while the offense scored 10 points. Makes zero sense. 

The players lost the game, I don’t think it was in the scheme to leave Chase uncovered or Josh to miss a wide open Diggs for a TD on the first drive, or Gabe to drop the long ball.

Sometimes it’s not your day.

Edited by Ray Stonada
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Ray Stonada said:

It’s funny how everyone agrees Frazier should be fired and Dorsey gets another year, when Buffalo’s defense held the Bengals to their average while the offense scored 10 points. Makes zero sense. 

The players lost the game, I don’t think it was in the scheme to leave Chase uncovered or Josh to miss a wide open Diggs for a TD on the first drive, or Gabe to drop the long ball.

Sometimes it’s not your day.

I agree. Dorsey's offense was disjunct, inconsistent and underachieving all year long. He failed to keep JA focused and on point in many games. I appreciate the willingness to let the guy learn on the job, but since when do you learn a new job at the highest level first? Plus, I really don't like his arrogance and temper. It started with the time he smashed his Surface tablet, or whatever that was. He was borderline out-of-control after that.

I always hate to see a young, promising guy go. (see Wyatt Teller) I also know that you have JA in his prime for only a short number of years. You have to surround him with the best players AND the very best coaches. So, Dorsey needs to take a seat, either here or elsewhere and learn from an experienced OC.

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Ray Stonada said:

If anyone thinks the Bills would fire the head coach or general manager after a 14-4 season

Where they tied for the best regular season in team history

Despite tons of adversity and injuries

You are delusional, sorry 

Then they better start adapting to the way the league is heading. Winning with defense is an old school way of thinking. The teams left all have offensive minded coaching. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Jrb1979 said:

Then they better start adapting to the way the league is heading. Winning with defense is an old school way of thinking. The teams left all have offensive minded coaching. 

Our team already throws it downfield more than anyone in the NFL. They’re hardly “old school.”

We could use a return to fundamentals more than a new offensive scheme. Better blocking, rushing and screen game. 

We’re already great at making low percentage plays on offense. Make it easier and try the hard stuff less often.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Ray Stonada said:

Our team already throws it downfield more than anyone in the NFL. They’re hardly “old school.”

We could use a return to fundamentals more than a new offensive scheme. Better blocking, rushing and screen game. 

We’re already great at making low percentage plays on offense. Make it easier and try the hard stuff less often.

That's been said for the past few years. What I don't get is the first game of the season they used a lot of short quick passes and it was working. Then they stopped doing it. 

• Agree 2

Coming in to say I agree. We’ve hit mcdermott’s ceiling. And it’s more important now than ever to pair Allen with an offensive minded coach and get a system going that works for the next 5 years. it’s time to RIP the Bandaid off now that is this rot in the organization. I get everyone loves McDermott and he’s a great guy but it’s time for him to go. 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Jrb1979 said:

That's been said for the past few years. What I don't get is the first game of the season they used a lot of short quick passes and it was working. Then they stopped doing it. 

Yup. If you rewatch the “perfect” playoff game against the Pats you see Josh hitting Singletary on checkdowns over and over for 6-10 yards before we open up and go deep. It was unstoppable. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Ray Stonada said:

If anyone thinks the Bills would fire the head coach or general manager after a 14-4 season

Where they tied for the best regular season in team history

Despite tons of adversity and injuries

You are delusional, sorry 

14-4 against some good teams, some not so good teams and some really poor teams

Theyre not beating any great teams the way this roster is presently constructed

If they played the Bengals 10 times, we get blown out, man handled on both sides of the ball and out coached all ten times

What would the 49ers Oline/dline or Eagles Oline/dline due to the Bills?!

too many picks invested on the defensive line with no return

not enough invested on the Oline or receivers.

6 going on 7 years here. It’s a common theme 

53 minutes ago, PepeSilvia said:

Theyre not beating any great teams the way this roster is presently constructed

If they played the Bengals 10 times, we get blown out, man handled on both sides of the ball and out coached all ten times

I disagree with you completely on both of these points. We beat Kansas City THIS YEAR, in a game both teams wanted badly. And there is no chance the Bengals beat us 10 out of 10. ZERO chance.

5 hours ago, Amorgus said:

I have no faith in Beane anymore. For the folks that think Josh will keep us from a drought, he's already had two serious arm injuries because Beane refuses to give him any protection. If they managed to cripple one of the most physically gifted QBs of all time then the while front office should be executed on the 50 yard line. 

This is the 258 million dollar elephant in the corner that I hope is getting serious attention, starting immediately: how much damage has already been done to Josh Allen’s right elbow, what is the plan for sorting out whether rest alone is enough or if something surgical is required, what are the implications for his off-season depending on which scenario he is in, etc. There is precedent in another sport for a late-blooming super-talent to dominate at super-human levels for a few years and retire at age 30 due to elbow pain; his name was Sandy Koufax….

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, seattlebillsfan said:

This is the 258 million dollar elephant in the corner that I hope is getting serious attention, starting immediately: how much damage has already been done to Josh Allen’s right elbow, what is the plan for sorting out whether rest alone is enough or if something surgical is required, what are the implications for his off-season depending on which scenario he is in, etc. There is precedent in another sport for a late-blooming super-talent to dominate at super-human levels for a few years and retire at age 30 due to elbow pain; his name was Sandy Koufax….

Pitching UCL injuries have almost no relation to QBing UCL injuries. It's an entirely different throwing motion and QBs who have had UCL injuries historically have not required surgery. Allen will be fine. https://www.jshoulderelbow.org/article/S1058-2746(10)00246-6/pdf#:~:text=Conclusion-,UCL injuries of the elbow are uncommon injuries in professional,to return to competitive play.

Sandy Koufax is the opposite of a comp.

I don't know if this has been discussed upthread, if it has I apologize I do not have the time to go through 8 pages but why not Kliff Kingsbury?

Young, progressive, offensively minded coach with head coaching experience. Was a QB in college. I would think if they are going to look at change, worth kicking the tires at least no? 

I am a Sean Payton man, but Kliff would not require us to cede our #1 pick and he would not cost 20-25 million dollars a year.

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, dave mcbride said:

Pitching UCL injuries have almost no relation to QBing UCL injuries. It's an entirely different throwing motion and QBs who have had UCL injuries historically have not required surgery. Allen will be fine. https://www.jshoulderelbow.org/article/S1058-2746(10)00246-6/pdf#:~:text=Conclusion-,UCL injuries of the elbow are uncommon injuries in professional,to return to competitive play.

Sandy Koufax is the opposite of a comp.

Hope so!!!

9 hours ago, Jrb1979 said:

One of the reasons Rex is on ESPN instead of the sidelines, couldn’t lose that old mentality 

In all this back and forth, I think to my self. Not if, but how many SB's would Belichick win with Allen and his defensive schemes? Or what would McVay or Kyle Shanahan scheme up with a QB like Allen.   HELL Dan Campbell would of lit a FIRE under these guys on Sunday. His players played hard this year and they  weren't on a path to the super bowl. 

We had a chance to go to the superbowl and BOTH sides of the ball didn't show up??? ***** that. No more chances. 

After the first half performance we should be hearing stories of mcdormett at half time  laying into the players and demanding they wake up and player there game.

Edited by billsfan3482

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.