RIP Robbie Knievel

Steve O

https://www.tmz.com/2023/01/13/robbie-knievel-daredevil-son-evel-knievel-dead-dies-stuntman-stunts/

Robbie Knievel, daredevil and son of stuntman Evel Knievel, has died.

A family source tells Robbie was in hospice care for his final days after a battle with pancreatic cancer. He died early Friday morning with his daughters at his side.

3 minutes ago, Draconator said:

https://www.tmz.com/2023/01/13/robbie-knievel-daredevil-son-evel-knievel-dead-dies-stuntman-stunts/

Robbie Knievel, daredevil and son of stuntman Evel Knievel, has died.

A family source tells Robbie was in hospice care for his final days after a battle with pancreatic cancer. He died early Friday morning with his daughters at his side.

Thanks... RIP.

Not being disrespectful.  At least it wasn't sudden cardiac arrest!

1 hour ago, That's No Moon said:

That he lived long enough to die of pancreatic cancer is pretty impressive.

He wasn't like this father; he actually knew how to ride a dirt bike and was pretty successful doing most of his jumps, at least as far as I can remember.

It helps that he was using a modern, light bike with a suspension built for what he was doing.

I still can't get over the crazy, comical, absurdity of the stuff his father was doing!

When I was a kid in the '70s I had Evel Knievel toys and remember watching some of his stunts live on TV.  I was totally obsessed with the guy and thought he was totally cool.

e7_2048x2048.jpg?v=1668031401

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

3 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

He wasn't like this father; he actually knew how to ride a dirt bike and was pretty successful doing most of his jumps, at least as far as I can remember.

It helps that he was using a modern, light bike with a suspension built for what he was doing.

I still can't get over the crazy, comical, absurdity of the stuff his father was doing!

When I was a kid in the '70s I had Evel Knievel toys and remember watching some of his stunts live on TV.  I was totally obsessed with the guy and thought he was totally cool.

e7_2048x2048.jpg?v=1668031401

Evel was one of my childhood hero’s and I beat this toy you show to death.  

had a framed picture of his snake river attempt on my wall.  

guy was Superman on steroids. 

had a real impact in a positive way for me and probably thousands more.  

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.