Film breakdown from previous Dolphins games

Beck Water

Cover1 Disguised Coverage with Anthony Prohaska and Kendall Morris

Film breakdown starts about 31:50 in if you want to go right for the heart of it

Prior to getting into the film, they talk generally about some of the stuff Miami did on defense - that in general, Miami is a team that likes to blitz a lot and use Cover0, but that they mixed it up a lot , would show Cover0 and drop into Cover3 etc etc - that they really made Josh work mentally, and that the Bills need to have good quick answers for pressure

I think in this game, they will bring a lot of pressure. They have to try to create turnovers because their offense will struggle to move the ball and score points. They are also going to pull out every trick play from their playbook. Fake punts, double reverses, WR and RB passes, etc... If they have the wildcat in the playbook, they'll run that too. They have nothing to lose.

2 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

I think in this game, they will bring a lot of pressure. They have to try to create turnovers because their offense will struggle to move the ball and score points. They are also going to pull out every trick play from their playbook. Fake punts, double reverses, WR and RB passes, etc... If they have the wildcat in the playbook, they'll run that too. They have nothing to lose.

holdback-waterboy.gif

• Haha (+1) 1

I don’t think Miami would’ve been nearly as successful on defense if we didn’t lose a boatload of offensive line starters in the first matchup and a few in the second matchup 

the offensive depth chart in the second half of our first game against them was laughable 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

The Dolphins defense Looooooooovvvvvvvvves them their Zero Blitz.

We have to remember that after a punt on our first possession, the Bills scored TDs on the next 3 possessions in the 2nd game.  Then we lost Morse, Van Roten moved from backup RG to 3rd string center, Quessenberry came in at RG, and it took us into the 4th Q to sort that out.

But they caused problems with pressure largely because, for like half of both games against them, we were down to 3rd string OL playing out of position. 

What they mainly did that slowed us down a bit was make Josh think.  They did a great job of showing blitz, dropping into coverage, showing Cover 2, bringing pressure etc etc.

5 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

I don’t think Miami would’ve been nearly as successful on defense if we didn’t lose a boatload of offensive line starters in the first matchup and a few three in the second matchup 

the offensive depth chart in the second half of our first game against them was laughable 

Lost 3 in the 2nd Dolphins game.  Went in with Bates out, Van Roten at RG.  Lost Morse, moved Van Roten to C, brought Quess in at RG.  So 3rd string C, 3rd ???? string RG (I think after the game, Quessenberry said he hadn't played guard in like, forever)

Edited by Beck Water

1 minute ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Craziest stat no one would believe. Bills out gained Miami 497 yards to 212 yards the first game. The 2nd game was closer, but I didn’t know how dominant the Bills were in the first meeting.

In stats, we were pretty dominant in the 2nd meeting too.  Close in TOP, but 3rd down conversions 57% to 36%, pass yards 304 - 4 TD 0 INT vs 234 - 2 TD 0 INT.

They had more rushing yards, but that's fundamentally 1 busted play where Mostert went for 67 yds.  (I know I know I know) but without that one play, we held them to 2.8 YPC rushing.

7 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Craziest stat no one would believe. Bills out gained Miami 497 yards to 212 yards the first game. The 2nd game was closer, but I didn’t know how dominant the Bills were in the first meeting.

Dude I remember that game and without looking at the stats for game 1 that seems about right.  We dominated their asses.  Josh made some suspect throws that could have been intercepted, so we got lucky in a way, but the Phins also caught a break on the Milano pick six drop, plus the O couldn't actually score even though they gained and possessed the ball most of the game.

I hit back and find a new videos the moment I hear Mudbloods nowadays. I think prohaska’s intro might be the worst Intro in the history of all podcast and has now made me really dislike his voice.  Can’t watch any of his videos anymore. 

2 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I usually listen to these cover one podcasts, but can’t due to being on vacation. Did they analyze how Miami was able to run so well on us last time? 

I personally feel it was just one of those matchups where the Dolphins coaches out coached the Bills during the week. They had a great game plan that the Bills will likely be prepared for this time.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Beck Water said:

Lost 3 in the 2nd Dolphins game.  Went in with Bates out, Van Roten at RG.  Lost Morse, moved Van Roten to C, brought Quess in at RG.  So 3rd string C, 3rd ???? string RG (I think after the game, Quessenberry said he hadn't played guard in like, forever)

We were down 4 olinemen by halftime in the first matchup too lol.  No morse to start then lost bates, brown, and van roten 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.