Decorated Marine Corp General John Kelly's Book About Trump White House

Tiberius

6 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

Trump is no genius but it would be nice for all these generals that everyone is constantly gushing over to win a war every once in a while.  When's the last clear victory, 1945?  Unless you want to count that major dust up in Grenada under Reagan.  $800B annually.  That stinks of gross incompetence.  

The Generals didn't send our troops into Iraq, a stupid president did 

Did you know that G W Bush claimed to have read like a hundred books in 2007 while the war was going on? How could that be? I can't read that many and I'm not the president. How would it be even possible to read that many books in a year while president? 

2 minutes ago, sherpa said:

I think they did pretty well in Iraq one and two and Afghanistan.

What happened after has little to do with military leadership.

I think "gross incompetence" is lack of awarness.

Can't blame the military for either of those wars, Vietnam was different, though. The military leadership was pretty gung ho for that conflict, sadly. 

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Bull sh it. People have been pointing out that Trump is stupid, literally stupid, for years and years. 

You people bah like sheep and carry on the work of Trump 

What have people been saying about Joke for years and years?  Hell what did Barry say about him?

20 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Can't blame the military for either of those wars, Vietnam was different, though. The military leadership was pretty gung ho for that conflict, sadly. 

The "military leadership," if you even understand your words, does not commit to military action by the US.

The "military leadership" is given a task by our government and attempts to carry it out.

By the way, do a little research on Congressional support, and Biden on particular, before you make stupid assertions.

Edited by sherpa

2 hours ago, sherpa said:

The "military leadership," if you even understand your words, does not commit to military action by the US.

The "military leadership" is given a task by our government and attempts to carry it out.

By the way, do a little research on Congressional support, and Biden on particular, before you make stupid assertions.

Lol, no sh it moron. 

You are such a clown 

28 minutes ago, Doc said:

He's not a Dem.

don't get all dumb on me. 

The wife of an Iowa Republican who ran for Congress in 2020 was arrested Thursday and accused of casting 23 fraudulent votes for her husband.

In an 11-page indictment, prosecutors say Kim Phuong Taylor "visited numerous households within the Vietnamese community in Woodbury County" where she collected absentee ballots for people who were not present at the time. Taylor, who was born in Vietnam, then filled out and cast those ballots herself, the indictment alleges, "causing the casting of votes in the names of residents who had no knowledge of and had not consented to the casting of their ballots."

Taylor is also accused of signing voter-registration forms on behalf of residents who were not present. In all, prosecutors charged her with 26 counts of providing false information in registering and voting, three counts of fraudulent registration, and 23 counts of fraudulent voting. Each charge carries a maximum five-year prison sentence.

Edited by nedboy7
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, sherpa said:

I am always pleased to be called names by you.

As a "clown," I do alright,

Wow, good for you.  Many without conscience do alright.

6 hours ago, sherpa said:

Do not the chiefs of staff meet with the prez (trump excepted of course) and advise him.  You know, like kelly was.  He apparently didn't like the idea of nuking N Korea and blaming it on someone else.

Edited by redtail hawk
  • Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, redtail hawk said:

Wow, good for you.  Many without conscience do alright.

Do not the chiefs of staff meet with the prez (trump excepted of course) and advise him.  You know, like kelly was.  He apparently didn't like the idea of nuking N Korea and blaming it on someone else.

I have a fully developed and functional "conscience."

The Chairman of the Joint Chiefs advises the Secretary of Defense who then serves the president.

The services do not form military policy. They advise on what is possible and recommend how that they would prefer to carry out directives given by the national command authority. 

Regarding this suggestion of what Trump said, I wouldn't doubt it at all. The guy has no normal, disciplined control over his mouth and has said countless stupid things. 

I'm quite certain there was never any realistic threat to perform a nuclear strike on North Korea.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, sherpa said:

I have a fully developed and functional "conscience."

The Chairman of the Joint Chiefs advises the Secretary of Defense who then serves the president.

The services do not form military policy. They advise on what is possible and recommend how that they would prefer to carry out directives given by the national command authority. 

Regarding this suggestion of what Trump said, I wouldn't doubt it at all. The guy has no normal, disciplined control over his mouth and has said countless stupid things. 

I'm quite certain there was never any realistic threat to perform a nuclear strike on North Korea.

Remember what Churchill said?

On 1/13/2023 at 8:47 AM, BillStime said:

Are you honestly telling us that NK didn’t test missiles during the Trump regime? 

No i'm not sure being who he is he fired some test missiles the entire time but Trump got his attention when he told him they would face fire & fury & he told them he would totally destroy NK which got their attention .

Then NK invited him to meet with Kim because he believed Trump could be that guy & knew what he had as far as inventory .

So from that point on they had communication unlike now .

2 hours ago, T master said:

No i'm not sure being who he is he fired some test missiles the entire time but Trump got his attention when he told him they would face fire & fury & he told them he would totally destroy NK which got their attention .

Then NK invited him to meet with Kim because he believed Trump could be that guy & knew what he had as far as inventory .

So from that point on they had communication unlike now .

You most certainly tried to give the impression that NK didn’t test missiles while Trump was POTUS.

#fail 

28 minutes ago, BillStime said:

You most certainly tried to give the impression that NK didn’t test missiles while Trump was POTUS.

#fail 

But at least Trump had balls enough to confront him about it & basically told him he wasn't afraid of his shooting off missiles as a threat & told him there would be consequences if he decided to further use those missiles which eventually brought him to the table & in Joes case his silence is seen as weakness !! 

And my misconception of NK and this situation is no bigger of a fail than all the fake Russian BS the gems tried to pull for 4 years so i call it even .

Edited by T master