NFL Week 17 2022 (January 1, 2023) TV Broadcast Maps and Schedule - Buffalo now getting Miami-NE

chongli

https://506sports.com/nfl.php?yr=2022&wk=17

[UK listings are near the bottom]

"January 1, 2023

All listings are unofficial and subject to change. Check back often for updates."

NATIONAL BROADCASTS:

Thursday Night: 

Dallas at Tennessee (Amazon)
[also KDFW (FOX 4) Dallas; WTVF 5 (CBS) Nashville]

Sunday Night: 

Pittsburgh at Baltimore (NBC)

Monday Night: 

Buffalo at Cincinnati (ESPN/ABC)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CBS Early:

17-CBS-E-V5.png

█ Red (including Alaska and Hawaii):

Miami at New England

Ian Eagle, Charles Davis

█ Blue:

Indianapolis at New York Giants

Kevin Harlan, Trent Green

█ Green:

Denver at Kansas City

Greg Gumbel, Adam Archuleta

Yellow (Yellow):

Jacksonville at Houston

Andrew Catalon, James Lofton

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CBS Late:

17-CBS-L-V2.png

█ Red (including Alaska and Hawaii):

Minnesota at Green Bay

Jim Nantz, Tony Romo

█ Blue:

Los Angeles Rams at Los Angeles Chargers

Spero Dedes, Jay Feely

FOX Single:

17-FOX-V2.png

█ Red:

Carolina at Tampa Bay

Kevin Burkhardt, Greg Olsen

█ Blue:

New Orleans at Philadelphia

Joe Davis, Daryl Johnston

█ Green:

Chicago at Detroit

Kenny Albert, Jonathan Vilma

█ Orange:

Cleveland at Washington

Adam Amin, Mark Schlereth

█ Violet:

Arizona at Atlanta

Jason Benetti, Brady Quinn

Yellow (Yellow) (including Hawaii):

San Francisco at Las Vegas (LATE)

Kevin Kugler, Mark Sanchez

Aqua (Aqua) (including Alaska):

New York Jets at Seattle (LATE)

Chris Myers, Robert Smith

UK:

Friday Morning 1:15 AM (TNF): 

Dallas at Tennessee

Sky Sports NFL and Sky Sports Main Event

Sunday Early Game 6PM:

Miami at New England

Sky Sports NFL

Sunday Late Game 9:25 PM:

Minnesota at Green Bay

Monday Morning 1:20 AM (SNF): 

Pittsburgh at Baltimore

Tuesday Morning 1:30 AM (MNF): 

Buffalo at Cincinnati
Sky Sports NFL, Sky Sports Main Event, and Channel 5

https://www.skysports.com/nfl/news/12118/12775232/nfl-week-17-games-live-on-sky-sports-dolphins-patriots-vikings-packers-steelers-ravens

Screenshot_2022-12-27_at_11.14.18_pm.png

Bye Week:

none

Edited by chongli
  • Thank you (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, wagon127 said:

I hope they change WNY to dolphins vs. Patriots. I know the division race is wrapped up, but they are battling for the final AFC playoff spot.

Good game, but I'd rather get Denver-KC. Miami and New England are out of the division race, but if KC loses, the Bills will be in a position to potentially clinch the number one seed Monday.

1 minute ago, chongli said:

Good game, but I'd rather get Denver-KC. Miami and New England are out of the division race, but if KC loses, the Bills will be in a position to potentially clinch the number one seed Monday.

It would be great if they would lose but the Broncos going into Arrowhead beating the Chiefs isn't happening. I realize the Broncos gave them a game the last time, but I see a blowout here. KC isn't losing these next 2 weeks vs the Broncos, Raiders. Bills have to win out for the #1 seed.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

17 minutes ago, chongli said:

Watching KC beat up on the Broncos? No thanks. Rather watch MIA vs Pats. If KC was playing a good team then sure that’s a better option. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

As long as they've had the AFC, and I've lived upstate [most of my life], the CBS [AFC] stations, in the rare event they have access to a Giants game, will nearly always pick that game, even when the Giants suck.  Lots of NYC folks with weekend homes upstate.  Easier with the Bills on Monday night this week.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Detroit CBS might black out their early game (Indy-NYG) since FOX Detroit is airing Detroit at Chicago on FOX in the same time slot. Per NFL rules, if the home team plays on the single-header network, the home team may require the other network to black out the same time slot. The NFL requires this rule to be waived the first four times a year though. This would be the sixth time though for Detroit, and they can choose to enforce a blackout. We will see if it changes later this week. Detroit enforced it on CBS in Week 9, which was the fifth time this situation occurred this season.

Edited by chongli

6 minutes ago, BearNorth said:

As long as they've had the AFC, and I've lived upstate [most of my life], the CBS [AFC] stations, in the rare event they have access to a Giants game, will nearly always pick that game, even when the Giants suck.  Lots of NYC folks with weekend homes upstate.  Easier with the Bills on Monday night this week.

I went to college in Rochester. We had so many NYC students there. They tried to get me to change the TV station on the public TV in the student center in the 80's to CBS pre-game show (they covered the NFC and Giants at the time) from the NBC pre-game show (they covered the AFC and the Bills). Me and my friend said no, this is Buffalo country!

3 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

Will Bills/Pat*s game definitely be on ABC or does that depend on local station?

You mean Bills-Bengals? It is being simulcast on both ABC and ESPN nationally this week!

Edited by chongli
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

Cardinals-Falcons the only one with nothing riding on it, so they'll probably ditch that one if need be.

In truth, they'll probably conjure up a ninth box.

Thanks...but you have Red Zone in the UK?! 😃

4 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Colt/Giants over division rivals Pats/Miami, seriously? WTF

Agreed.

• Like (+1) 1

Red Zone actually is on Sky Sports Mix - this channel sometimes does not require a full Sky Sports subscription, therefore a lower monthly fee.

This a huge game for the UK & Europe (those who can receive the Astra 28.2e satellite).

Monday Night Football is broadcast free to air on Channel 5 in the UK, HD available.

Buffalo at Cincinnati will be the last game broadcast this season on Channel 5. They don't show the one Monday Night Football playoff game free to air (only on Sky). 

We get Gregg Rosenthal and MJD as studio pundits. Marcas Grant has joined for two or three shows - I am not familiar with him. The show is broadcast without commercials live from Los Angeles I believe, they always want to show SoFi stadium shots during the broadcast. Kirsten Watson is the host.

It appears that Rosenthal is a Patriots* fan and MJD doesn't seem very positive towards Buffalo. Rosenthal in last weeks show has already favoured the Bengals. MJD wasn't there last week.

Assuming you already have a TV, everyone in the UK can watch this game for free (yes there is a TV licence fee in the UK - to fund the BBC).

Ireland and Benelux countries can definitely watch too, same with northern France and western Germany. Elsewhere depends whether you have a big enough dish. There maybe cable/streaming options that I don't know about. 

I think this is the last year of a 3 year deal for MNF in the UK, free to air. I hope this gets renewed as we can get some free to air NFL for the 2023 season.

Personally, I have been waiting 16 NFL weeks for this fixture. No extra payment or streaming needed. Bring home the W, Buffalo!

• Awesome! (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, quincy said:

Red Zone actually is on Sky Sports Mix - this channel sometimes does not require a full Sky Sports subscription, therefore a lower monthly fee.

This a huge game for the UK & Europe (those who can receive the Astra 28.2e satellite).

Monday Night Football is broadcast free to air on Channel 5 in the UK, HD available.

Buffalo at Cincinnati will be the last game broadcast this season on Channel 5. They don't show the one Monday Night Football playoff game free to air (only on Sky). 

We get Gregg Rosenthal and MJD as studio pundits. Marcas Grant has joined for two or three shows - I am not familiar with him. The show is broadcast without commercials live from Los Angeles I believe, they always want to show SoFi stadium shots during the broadcast. Kirsten Watson is the host.

It appears that Rosenthal is a Patriots* fan and MJD doesn't seem very positive towards Buffalo. Rosenthal in last weeks show has already favoured the Bengals. MJD wasn't there last week.

Assuming you already have a TV, everyone in the UK can watch this game for free (yes there is a TV licence fee in the UK - to fund the BBC).

Ireland and Benelux countries can definitely watch too, same with northern France and western Germany. Elsewhere depends whether you have a big enough dish. There maybe cable/streaming options that I don't know about. 

I think this is the last year of a 3 year deal for MNF in the UK, free to air. I hope this gets renewed as we can get some free to air NFL for the 2023 season.

Personally, I have been waiting 16 NFL weeks for this fixture. No extra payment or streaming needed. Bring home the W, Buffalo!

Thanks for your detailed post.

It's a shame playoff games in the UK are not on free TV, as they are here in the US. Also, I am amazed Channel 5 apparently covers all of the UK, where there are so many broadcast network affiliates here in the US. I realize the UK is smaller geographically, but it still amazes me since I am so used to the US.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.