Shopping Cart-Related Anger

Gugny

Obviously, when it comes to shopping cart-related anger, the first thing that comes to mind is the lazy pieces of sh*t who don't put their carts back in the corral when done.

But wait ... there's more!

I think the one that pisses me off the most is the people who walk BESIDE their carts down the aisles.  Hey ... (*^*&%^$^#.... YOU'RE TAKING TWO LANES, YOU SELFISH ASS!!!

I have more, but I want to see some others first.

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Obviously, when it comes to shopping cart-related anger, the first thing that comes to mind is the lazy pieces of sh*t who don't put their carts back in the corral when done.

I think the one that pisses me off the most is the people who walk BESIDE their carts down the aisles.  Hey ... (*^*&%^$^#.... YOU'RE TAKING TWO LANES, YOU SELFISH ASS!!!

Really? 

Like....A LOT more? 

I'm proud of you for talking about it.

1 minute ago, teef said:

how about when two people clog an aisle while talking, completely oblivious that other humans are trying to shop.  this is why i make my wife go to wegmans.

This grinds my gears, too.  I try to give people the benefit of the doubt.  I'll say excuse me and more than half of the time, they'll apologize - not realizing they were in the way.  Cool.  Stuff happens.

But when I get a dirty look, as if I'M PUTTING THEM OUT, that's when I see red and quietly put curses on people.

4 minutes ago, Gugny said:

This grinds my gears, too.  I try to give people the benefit of the doubt.  I'll say excuse me and more than half of the time, they'll apologize - not realizing they were in the way.  Cool.  Stuff happens.

But when I get a dirty look, as if I'M PUTTING THEM OUT, that's when I see red and quietly put curses on people.

i don't even give the benefit of the doubt with this.  we're all adults.  we know the store is packed.  just move that ***** to the side or go to an open area to talk.  

16 minutes ago, teef said:

how about when two people clog an aisle while talking, completely oblivious that other humans are trying to shop.  this is why i make my wife go to wegmans.

Grocery stores are actually laid out in such a way that women instinctually trace out ancient fertility rituals whilst inside them. This explains both 1. why they can't just go through the aisles in order and 2. why the grocery store itself seems to reject the man's attempt at traversing it. It's a hostile, unnatural invasion of an environment that historically did not welcome men. 

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Speaking of shopping carts, there was a thread here somewhere on The Board... About shopping carts as the ultimate societal litmus test. It was put out there by Glenn Danzig:

https://movemequotes.com/glenn-danzig-quote-on-shopping-carts/

Did you ever catch it?

"The shopping cart is the ultimate litmus test for whether a person is capable of self-governing. To return the shopping cart is an easy, convenient task and one which we all recognize as the correct, appropriate thing to do. To return the shopping cart is objectively right. There are no situations other than dire emergencies in which a person is not able to return their cart. Simultaneously, it is not illegal to abandon your shopping cart. Therefore the shopping cart presents itself as the apex example of whether a person will do what is right without being forced to do it. No one will punish you for not returning the shopping cart, no one will fine you or kill you for not returning the shopping cart, you gain nothing by returning the shopping cart. You must return the shopping cart out of the goodness of your own heart. You must return the shopping cart because it is the right thing to do. Because it is correct. A person who is unable to do this is no better than an animal, an absolute savage who can only be made to do what is right by threatening them a law and the force that stands behind it. The Shopping Cart is what determines whether a person is a good or bad member of society.”

~Glenn Danzig

Edited by ExiledInIllinois
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, LeviF said:

Grocery stores are actually laid out in such a way that women instinctually trace out ancient fertility rituals whilst inside them. This explains both 1. why they can't just go through the aisles in order and 2. why the grocery store itself seems to reject the man's attempt at traversing it. It's a hostile, unnatural invasion of an environment that historically did not welcome men. 

I have always enjoyed grocery shopping.  Still do.  I make my shopping lists in aisle/store location order and 99% of the time, I stick to the list.  One thing I do NOT particularly care for is small talk.  And when I say I don't particularly care for it, what I'm trying to say is that I f*cking hate it with every ounce of my soul.

So if I can take a leisurely stroll through the grocery store and not have to stop and answer questions I don't feel like answering and/or pretend to be happy to run into someone I know ... then it's a successful trip.

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, LeviF said:

I am gonna use this. @BringBackFergy thanks you for providing me knowledge! 😏 

1 minute ago, Gugny said:

I have always enjoyed grocery shopping.  Still do.  I make my shopping lists in aisle/store location order and 99% of the time, I stick to the list.  One thing I do NOT particularly care for is small talk.  And when I say I don't particularly care for it, what I'm trying to say is that I f*cking hate it with every ounce of my soul.

So if I can take a leisurely stroll through the grocery store and not have to stop and answer questions I don't feel like answering and/or pretend to be happy to run into someone I know ... then it's a successful trip.

Because you're not over 6 feet and can help short people reach to the top shelf. 

I stroll down an aisle since I was 17 and I am immediately pressed into service by the under 5'5" crowd.

#GoHelpSocietyElseWhere

#I'dHelpYouToo&MakeSmallTalkNeighbor

5 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

I stroll down an aisle since I was 17 and I am immediately pressed into service by the under 5'5" crowd.

If it's an old person I oblige. If it's a hot chick I try to get her to jump for it first. Everyone else is ignored.

• Haha (+1) 4

12 minutes ago, LeviF said:

this is so shockingly true.

7 minutes ago, Gugny said:

You're impervious to the magicks. Gonna need a sample of your blood for...reasons.

54 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Is that a European thing?  Why would you walk aside the cart?

I'm a believer in the shopping cart theory.  I feel it readily identifies those in society with sociopathic personalities.

14 minutes ago, LeviF said:

You're impervious to the magicks. Gonna need a sample of your blood for...reasons.

I had to step onto the bottom shelf in order to reach a box of my coffee on the top shelf the other day at Walmart.  Some dude asked me if I needed help.  I wanted to go all Willie McGuinest on his ass.

• Haha (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, Gugny said:

I had to step onto the bottom shelf in order to reach a box of my coffee on the top shelf the other day at Walmart.  Some dude asked me if I needed help.  I wanted to go all Willie McGuinest on his ass.

We're just trying to look out for ya, little buddy!

• Haha (+1) 3

Here's another one ... happened to me yesterday.

I had to run to Walmart for a couple last minute items.  It was bad enough that it was mobbed in there, but I get this guy in front of me who is walking about a half-mile/hour and I've got no room to get around him.

I get it ... some people just can't move that fast.  That's fine.  But here's where I get pissed ...

He's using the cart handle as an arm rest, so he's leaned over, resting both arms on the cart handle ... AND using his cell phone.

So we're not talking about someone with a handicap or an injury.  We're talking about a lazy, inconsiderate jerk!

There are times I need to look at/use my phone whilst shopping.  But I ALWAYS make sure I'm out of the way before doing so.  Is it really that difficult?!

50 minutes ago, Bad Things said:

For the most part, grocery shopping down here is pretty non-eventful until international tourist season kicks in.  (Which is now.)

Kiwis are generally very laid-back, friendly people that keep to the left of shopping aisles and sidewalks, just like how we drive. 

However, grocery stores can get quite chaotic when you have French, German, Chinese, American, Japanese, Australian, etc tourists stopped in the aisles, trying to figure out what each product is. 

Serenity now!

Yeah... Because it's probably not normal stuff on the shelves.  Probably need a Kiwi to English product translator. 😉 😜 

They want their tourist money but can't be bothered by aisle blockage....That don't sound laid back to me. 😉

46 minutes ago, LeviF said:

We're just trying to look out for ya, little buddy!

And the store's insurance premiums to go up because some one got hurt stepping on a shelf! 

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

2 hours ago, Gugny said:

A shopping cart to the ankles will release my shopping cart rage on the world!!!

• Haha (+1) 2

54 minutes ago, Logic said:

This isn't quite as irritating as the things you've already mentioned, but...

Leaving wrappers/garbage/drink cups in the carts when you're done using them.

Like.....***** gross, man. Clean up after yourself. 

I find it’s usually pages of coupons or the wipes they used to “sanitize” the cart. I have no desire for your trash. Throw your crap in the garbage can! I start with an empty cart, and I leave an empty cart. 

I like to grab a trash free cart in the parking lot and test drive it in. There are times you find a wobbly wheel or something, so then I will swap it out. 

Why do some people abandon their carts in haphazard fashion to go off looking for something? Take the cart with you, or move it off to the side so it’s NOT blocking traffic for the rest of us! Incredibly selfish and inconsiderate!   

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

There is such a thing as being courteous  and there is such a thing as being a jerk. I find examples of both while out shopping for Christmas

I think here are times when you also have to think "well muppy in the grand scheme of life being delayed or inconvenienced in a store means you have sufficient funds to shop. Are healthy enough to shop.  And refuse to lower my own standards of behavior to their lowest denominator. I practice this same philosophy while driving on socal freeways. You want to talk about entitled selfish completely oblivious clueless and straight up DGAF about anyone but themselves type people.

so while I do understand the frustration I do my best to rise above the BS and be a better person than they are. Or think okay that person Might just have 10X more on their plate than I do and practice GRACE.

• Like (+1) 4

4 hours ago, Gugny said:

If we are expanding beyond shopping cart related issues to include general grocery shopping, how about the deli counter line?

Are we using numbers, are we not using numbers? I could care less either way, I just want consistency. But if numbers are in play, don't not take a number and walk away to do other shopping because there's no line, come back and then tell me you were there first when I'm holding the next number.  One time that happened to me and  it was thisclose to escalating stupidly.

4 hours ago, SinceThe70s said:

If we are expanding beyond shopping cart related issues to include general grocery shopping, how about the deli counter line?

Are we using numbers, are we not using numbers? I could care less either way, I just want consistency. But if numbers are in play, don't not take a number and walk away to do other shopping because there's no line, come back and then tell me you were there first when I'm holding the next number.  One time that happened to me and  it was thisclose to escalating stupidly.

This is a GREAT one!!!

My local supermarket has prepackaged sliced deli meats, so I am DONE standing in line and wondering who the hell is next!

22 minutes ago, Gugny said:

This is a GREAT one!!!

My local supermarket has prepackaged sliced deli meats, so I am DONE standing in line and wondering who the hell is next!

I will give you a 15 yard unsportsmanlike conduct penalty when you slap someone upside the head with a bag of meat after you got the last package of sliced turkey. 

It sounds like roughing the meat eater to me! 

Edited by Augie

2 minutes ago, Augie said:

I will give you a 15 yard unsportsmanlike conduct penalty when you slap someone upside the head with a bag of meat after you got the last package of sliced turkey. 

It sounds like roughing the meat eater to me! 

If roughing the meat was a penalty, I'd be on death row.

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, Augie said:

Have you picked your last meal yet? We could get a GREAT thread out of that!    😋

Oh, man.  That is a great thread idea.  You should do it.  "If You Were On Death Row, What Would Your Last Meal Be?"

I recently had a older gentleman, probably in his 70's, cut me off inside Wegmans with his cart and then proceeded to break-check me...that did not go well in his favor the second time me made me stop dead in my tracks. I probably had 100 lb's worth of groceries in the cart so stopping on a dime when in motion was dicey once let alone twice. He got up in my face saying I ran into him on purpose because he cut me off. I almost wish that was the case but I am not that sadistic. He got pretty animated over it and looked like he wanted to trade blows. I'm twice his size and half his age...if I wanted to do it on purpose you'd be on the floor with a broken hip. 

• Haha (+1) 1

18 hours ago, teef said:

Always go to wegmans or target when asked 

Guaranteed 5 smokeshows in yoga pants will be at both locations.     

31 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

Always go to wegmans or target when asked 

Guaranteed 5 smokeshows in yoga pants will be at both locations.     

that may be the only benefit of prime time wegmans.  the mall by us tends to have the well kept housewives roaming around.  not a terrible time.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Your Brown Eye said:

I recently had a older gentleman, probably in his 70's, cut me off inside Wegmans with his cart and then proceeded to break-check me...that did not go well in his favor the second time me made me stop dead in my tracks. I probably had 100 lb's worth of groceries in the cart so stopping on a dime when in motion was dicey once let alone twice. He got up in my face saying I ran into him on purpose because he cut me off. I almost wish that was the case but I am not that sadistic. He got pretty animated over it and looked like he wanted to trade blows. I'm twice his size and half his age...if I wanted to do it on purpose you'd be on the floor with a broken hip. 

Wow! Just wow... 😆 

17 hours ago, Augie said:

Why do some people abandon their carts in haphazard fashion to go off looking for something? Take the cart with you, or move it off to the side so it’s NOT blocking traffic for the rest of us! Incredibly selfish and inconsiderate!

I consider this a teachable moment and like to take two things out of the abandoned cart and replace them with something unique from a nearby shelf. 

• Haha (+1) 3

17 hours ago, Augie said:

20 minutes ago, Simon said:

I consider this a teachable moment and like to take two things out of the abandoned cart and replace them with something unique from a nearby shelf. 

I will on occasion abandon my cart to get something I forgot from an aisle on the other side of the store - but I do move it to the side. I'll do this in a small, crowded store when I don't want to be the fish going upstream. On at least one occasion someone took my cart by mistake, lol.

25 minutes ago, SinceThe70s said:

I will on occasion abandon my cart to get something I forgot from an aisle on the other side of the store - but I do move it to the side. I'll do this in a small, crowded store when I don't want to be the fish going upstream. On at least one occasion someone took my cart by mistake, lol.

Yeah, I leave mine all the time; but usually leave it at the endcap and then walk up the aisle to grab what I need.

I've never had it taken but I once absent-mindedly grabbed somebody else's and didn't realize it until the kid in it started screaming...

Sorry if it was yours. Let me know if you want it back ; - )

• Haha (+1) 4

21 minutes ago, Simon said:

Yeah, I leave mine all the time; but usually leave it at the endcap and then walk up the aisle to grab what I need.

Yeah, this is my strategy when an aisle is overly-congested.  Put my cart somewhere out of the way, then go get what I need without having to try to get a cart through a sea of a-holes.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.