Jets experiencing a flu outbreak

Rubes

On 12/8/2022 at 7:52 AM, GottaRun said:

No kidding.  I had the flu in 2019, never been through anything like that before, 5 weeks flat on my back in bed.  Realized then that the few other times in my life I thought I had flu I must have just had a bad cold.  Jets may get pumped full of saline and meds to get through this game but if they have any kind of serious flu they are going to struggle.

That is not normal for the flu. You must have had a particularly bad case. 3 to 7 days is the typical length of a flu, with residual cough lasting for a couple of weeks, sometimes.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, TheWei44 said:

Welcome to parenthood!  I still remember cupping my hands to receive my daughter's puke - What a lovely experience!

The longest night of my life was staying up with my sick 2-year-old. She threw up every two to three minutes all night long. Poor thing. When I saw the sun rising I switched with my wife. By then she was throwing up only twice per hour, or so.

Any chance these “flu” players had/have Covid? My son has felt like crud for three days (chest congestion, cough, achy). Took test last night. Negative. Takes test today. Positive. Would like to know the Jets aren’t coming up here to spread CV. I’d recommend testing the whole team every 12 hours. If one positive test, forfeit. 

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

Any chance these “flu” players had/have Covid? My son has felt like crud for three days (chest congestion, cough, achy). Took test last night. Negative. Takes test today. Positive. Would like to know the Jets aren’t coming up here to spread CV. I’d recommend testing the whole team every 12 hours. If one positive test, forfeit. 

the only sensible solution, really

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Ray Stonada said:

Holy mackerel! I did the exact same thing yesterday. I was in the jungle. Dad mode activated 😅🤣

My daughter (Kate) is now 14, and she texted me this on Wednesday during school: "Oh no I heard about von miller" - She's not even a huge fan but broke the news to me!

Edited by TheWei44
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.