Buffalo Snow / Weather Situation ?????

CANBUFF72

Will be travelling to this weekend's game from eastern Canada. Will be flying into Toronto and renting a car to get to the game and was wondering what the snow situation is like in Buffalo since the major storm. Has it all been cleaned up for the most part? Mostly I'm wondering about attire regarding walking around the stadium tailgate and driving to the game. Also, any advice regarding parking at the stadium? I believe the last time (7 years ago) I ended up in a community college parking lot. Not sure if this is a good location or bad. The weather was much warmer on my last visit.

3 minutes ago, CANBUFF72 said:

Will be travelling to this weekend's game from eastern Canada. Will be flying into Toronto and renting a car to get to the game and was wondering what the snow situation is like in Buffalo since the major storm. Has it all been cleaned up for the most part? Mostly I'm wondering about attire regarding walking around the stadium tailgate and driving to the game. Also, any advice regarding parking at the stadium? I believe the last time (7 years ago) I ended up in a community college parking lot. Not sure if this is a good location or bad. The weather was much warmer on my last visit.

Had a week or 2 in the 40s-50s since then and pretty much all the snow is gone.

That being said, it is buffalo so give it 10 minutes and you could be under another 3ft of snow.

Breaking news— snow melts

It’s been warmer and getting rain results in snow melt.

all week the temps are going to be above freezing. Some days lows might be at or below freezing. Leading up to the game the winds are northern in nature so lake effect snow won’t matter. West to southwest winds are needed to generate the heavy snow in metro Buffalo.

Yeah, no worries!  all that snow is long gone. We had 5+ feet on our front lawn and now I can see the grass 😂

Most of the streets were cleaned within a day or two of the storm anyway. Buffalo is very efficient at snow removal. We know how to handle a snowstorm.

Have fun at the game! 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

• Simon changed the title to Buffalo Snow / Weather Situation ?????
51 minutes ago, CANBUFF72 said:

38 and sunny it looks like for the game, winds only 5 mph...hard to ask for better conditions in mid December...weather is supposed to be relatively tame all week with temps ranging from 35-45 and there is no snow left from that major storm due to all the warmer weather afterwards.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 2

Instead of starting a new thread I figured I would piggy-back off my Canadian friend here. My 10-year-old son is begging for me to take him to the Bills/Fins game, he's a South FLA kid and doesn't know the cold other than a few trips to Buffalo here and there.

My questions are more along the lines of where to sit to try and lessen the effects of the elements if that's possible. My cousin keeps mentioning heated seats in the stadium (no clue what section) and seeing the weather is going to be low 30s but subject to change what are the best layering options for hands and feet?  I have warned him it's going to be miserable cold, and we aren't flying from FLA, buying Tix and so forth to leave at half time. He says he wants to go... any advice is welcomed. 

Thanks Tony

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, BUFFALOTONE said:

Instead of starting a new thread I figured I would piggy-back off my Canadian friend here. My 10-year-old son is begging for me to take him to the Bills/Fins game, he's a South FLA kid and doesn't know the cold other than a few trips to Buffalo here and there.

My questions are more along the lines of where to sit to try and lessen the effects of the elements if that's possible. My cousin keeps mentioning heated seats in the stadium (no clue what section) and seeing the weather is going to be low 30s but subject to change what are the best layering options for hands and feet?  I have warned him it's going to be miserable cold, and we aren't flying from FLA, buying Tix and so forth to leave at half time. He says he wants to go... any advice is welcomed. 

Thanks Tony

Make sure you have hunter heat packs for your shoes and gloves.  The cold you feel in your feet from that concrete is so bad that you can't think about anything between plays other than how cold your feet are otherwise. And that is with wearing double pairs of wool socks. Doesn't matter...went to plenty of games like that prior to finding out the joys of those heat packs. They are amazing and basically make this not even a concern.  

With weather being 38 and sunny with no wind, you should be good to go other than that.  The sun makes it feel a lot warmer than it is even when its cold.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 1

If I can add this thread... .My family and I will be traveling from TX to the Jet's game... . .Long time diehard Bills fan and would information on which LOT park in for easy access to stadium but most importantly to get out quick after game and head to airport.   Looking on Maps it appears Lot 5/ Lot 6 would be easiest to exit and get on Abbot to head to airport.. .Was wondering if Lot 4 has access to Abbot as well to go north towards airport and 219..  Any suggestions anyone can share is appreciated.. I have a flight at 6pm on Sunday that I need to catch...   

8 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Make sure you have hunter heat packs for your shoes and gloves.  The cold you feel in your feet from that concrete is so bad that you can't think about anything between plays other than how cold your feet are otherwise. And that is with wearing double pairs of wool socks. Doesn't matter...went to plenty of games like that prior to finding out the joys of those heat packs. They are amazing and basically make this not even a concern.  

With weather being 38 and sunny with no wind, you should be good to go other than that.  The sun makes it feel a lot warmer than it is even when its cold.

Thanks Turk, I will look into the warmers for sure. We have insulated socks but it's always the hands and feet that feel it the most. I got a feeling this will be a night game with the direction both teams are headed, so the sun will probably not be a factor. 

1 minute ago, BUFFALOTONE said:

Thanks Turk, I will look into the warmers for sure. We have insulated socks but it's always the hands and feet that feel it the most. I got a feeling this will be a night game with the direction both teams are headed, so the sun will probably not be a factor. 

Oh...my bad, I thought you were talking about the Jets game this week...yeah you are right, it will likely be getting flexed, most likely to Saturday.  Weather that far out is likely unreliable, so the sunny and no wind comment is probably out the window haha...

But the hunter heat packs is for sure valid still...def make sure you have them.

18 minutes ago, BUFFALOTONE said:

Thanks Tony

Club seat section. 

12 minutes ago, fan_in_tx said:

If I can add this thread... .My family and I will be traveling from TX to the Jet's game... . .Long time diehard Bills fan and would information on which LOT park in for easy access to stadium but most importantly to get out quick after game and head to airport.   Looking on Maps it appears Lot 5/ Lot 6 would be easiest to exit and get on Abbot to head to airport.. .Was wondering if Lot 4 has access to Abbot as well to go north towards airport and 219..  Any suggestions anyone can share is appreciated.. I have a flight at 6pm on Sunday that I need to catch...   

Really hard to say.  One game we waited an hour just to get out of the parking lot.  It was a night game, though.  Then, one game I got super lucky and don't think I ever came to a complete stop on my way out.  That was a 1 PM game.

Best to play it by ear and be prepared to leave early to avoid the crush of cars leaving.

Also, getting to the game very early usually results in getting a parking spot closer to the exits.  Late comers get the spots in the way back in my experience.

Good luck!

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, BUFFALOTONE said:

Thanks Tony

Club level seat and you will be under the heated area.  Seats aren't heated but they have the heaters from above in those sections.  It will still be cold if there is any type of wind over 5mph (and I would guess there likely is going to be).  Hand and feet (like big turk said) are where you need to worry about.  I always wear 2 or 3 pair of thick socks and still have numbness after the game is over when it gets cold enough.

Edited by The Wiz

2 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

Club level seat and you will be under the heated area.  Seats aren't heated but they have the heaters from above in those sections.  It will still be cold if there is any type of wind over 5mph (and I would guess there likely is going to be).  Hand and feet (like big turk said) are where you need to worry about.  I always wear 2 or 3 pair of thick socks and still have numbness after the game is over when it gets cold enough.

Thanks Wiz, this sounds more and more like I need to take him in September/October. 😗

7 minutes ago, BUFFALOTONE said:

Thanks Wiz, this sounds more and more like I need to take him in September/October. 😗

Those times of year are fun but there's nothing like a game in the winter weather when the bills are playing well.

It's an experience that you have to endure both physical and emotional.

I was at the game against the Vikings and that was torture for my young kids sitting on the metal benches on the rain then snow so we had to leave at half time.

In hindsight, it was nice to get out of the cold and on the road with no traffic, especially after getting home to watch the last 20 minutes, but it's the experience of sitting through all of that that makes it great.

Speaking of which, get a foam seat cushion and/or being something to put down on the seats so your ass isn't soaked.

Edited by The Wiz

1 hour ago, custcarcen said:

If you park at the Community College again you will see the remains of the snow. They trucked it there and made mountains that will still be here in August.

Not looking forward to that for the Miami game. Usually park at ECC south lot 

if some equipment came to make it flat and build ice stairs…….

I will say with the Lake being at record warm temps or near it still, Lake Effect Snow can kinda of "come out of nowhere" so to speak, so take any forecast over 5-7 days with a grain of salt.

Welcome to Buffalo in the winter...one random day of sun, mixed in with cloudiness. My most hated part of winter here.

image.thumb.png.441ebe8c1826b6db8ff450b95fd1c1da.png

Edited by Big Turk

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.