Kyler Murray: How did the Cardinals fall for it?

Mikie2times

5 hours ago, Special K said:

When he signed that contract, I said on this board somewhere that Murray would take the guaranteed money and run, and would be playing baseball within three years. 

With everything we have seen since then, it has only made me more sure of my prediction.

I think he is going to go back to baseball.  There are many good short guys in baseball.   

5 hours ago, Manther said:

Good point.  If you aren't in the playoffs annually or close you don't have a Franchise QB.  A Franchise QB should be able to carry your team in almost any season.  A They had options.  Believing in their College Coach Kliff Kingsbury to be able evaluate a NFL Franchise QB and listen to him to pay him for a scheme specific team vs a traditional Franchise QB was the problem.  Now the Coach is fired and the scheme is gone.  The gimmick is gone.

It is going to hurt.  If his College Coach could not get him to study and he now is paid I am confident the new regime will struggle more with him.

Just my thoughts and glad it is not our problem.

Those alternatives are a headache for the Franchise and a distraction for the team.  They were never NOT going to sign him and the price would have only gone up.

Kyler can play and the next coach would be wise to tailor his offense around the talent that they have.  (They are loaded on offense, btw)

Love him or hate him, he's about Kirk Cousins level (which is pretty good), with the upside of being young and being able to scramble (before the ACL).

It's not easy finding a QB of this talent, even with Murray's baggage.  That's a hard truth.

• Disagree 1

27 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

Those alternatives are a headache for the Franchise and a distraction for the team.  They were never NOT going to sign him and the price would have only gone up.

Kyler can play and the next coach would be wise to tailor his offense around the talent that they have.  (They are loaded on offense, btw)

Love him or hate him, he's about Kirk Cousins level (which is pretty good), with the upside of being young and being able to scramble (before the ACL).

It's not easy finding a QB of this talent, even with Murray's baggage.  That's a hard truth.

Agree to disagree.  To say its a hard truth is a lopsided opinion.  He is middle of the road in talent and doesn't lead the the team.  No thank you.

• Like (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

Unless Beane can convince him to do a major restructure on his current contract then No.

Yeah, this is not happening with the bills the wide receiver that comes here will probably be one that is getting on in age and wants a chance at a ring and then will draft one

Not ready to give Gabe Davis a big contractor ***** this was a down here for him. I am a big fan of his but it is what it is.

Kyler got figured out, he excelled in choas and broken plays with his insane skills. Defenses figured out if you contain, disguise coverages, make him sit in the pocket, and work through progressions he folds. And seeing him throw a tantrum about having to watch film? If that had to be added into the contract there was already a serious problem and he obviously doesn't prep for games like a professional QB. So glad I'm not a cards fan and dont have to watch his sideline tantrums and bad attitude while the franchise burns a mountain of cash on him.

Edited by Norcalbillsfan

10 hours ago, Chicken Boo said:

Which is why I said Cousins level.  He's in that tier.

Agree on Cousins level.  

The part I disagree with is paying premium money for Cousins level.  At least Cousins doesn't have a long term deal.  However, his cap hit on short deals is acting like a long term deal.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.