At what point did you hit the Mute

Thailog80

For me it was ...............Quoting John Madden " A fumble is a fumble and you have to call a fumble when a fumble is a fumble. The instant replay gives you many excuses for a fumble but when its a fumble a fumble has to be called a fumble"....and a few more minutes on this stupid stevestojan. I wish I could replay the game and count how many times he said " Tom Brady" 500?

For me it was ...............Quoting John Madden  " A fumble is a fumble and you have to call a fumble when a fumble is a fumble. The instant replay gives you many excuses for a fumble but when its a fumble a fumble has to be called a fumble"....and a few more minutes on this stupid stevestojan. I wish I could replay the game and count how many times he said " Tom Brady" 500?

25334[/snapback]

ROTFLMAO!

I was at a sport's bar watching the game, so I had no control over the mute button, but I did turn around to some guy sitting next to me and asked him: "WTF did he just say?"

Yeah John, it has taken away what football is really all about, which is apparently a bunch of incorrectable blown fumble calls!

Madden's routine is starting to look, and sound, like a Saturday Night Live skit...he has been terrible for about the last eight years or so...there's only so much "BAM!" and "BOOM!" you can listen to.

I wish Madden would take the advice given to him by the refs in that vintage NFL Films bit regarding the "Holy Roller."

Bill King, Raiders radio announcer: "They tell Madden, 'Get your big butt outta here...' He does!"

I actually did not have to hit the mute. When Madden said how he now understands how people compare Brady to Montana, I puked. The puke ended up getting on the remote and it shorted out killing the power to the TV.

Where in the hell is our puking smiley??? :(

I hit mute right about the time that Elton John took stage.

While I know that most of you people are older and probably dig the guy, coming from a 22 year old, straight male, when I'm ready to watch football, ELTON JOHN IS THE ABSOLUTE LAST PERSON I WANT TO SEE OR HEAR.

Glad to get that off my chest. Thank you.

I hit mute right about the time that Elton John took stage.

While I know that most of you people are older and probably dig the guy, coming from a 22 year old, straight male, when I'm ready to watch football, ELTON JOHN IS THE ABSOLUTE LAST PERSON I WANT TO SEE OR HEAR.

Glad to get that off my chest.  Thank you.

26583[/snapback]

Actually, as someone who has thought Madden was long in the tooth for many years, I think he has been pretty good on MNF. Summerall, IMO, just sort of dragged things down. Michaels and Madden are solid. The best combo they have had on MNF in quite a while. Madden says sort of dumb things (a fumble is just a fumble when you fumble, etc.) but that is part of his schtick. He still knows the game very well, and I think he is a lot brighter than the character he plays on television.

Actually, as someone who has thought Madden was long in the tooth for many years, I think he has been pretty good on MNF.  Summerall, IMO, just sort of dragged things down.  Michaels and Madden are solid.  The best combo they have had on MNF in quite a while.  Madden says sort of dumb things (a fumble is just a fumble when you fumble, etc.) but that is part of his schtick.  He still knows the game very well, and I think he is a lot brighter than the character he plays on television.

26595[/snapback]

I agree. I like listening to Madden, just his voice is great. But, he does say some of the stupidest, meaningless crap I have ever heard and I love it. He is funny to listen too.

I used to love listening to Summerall because he was cocked half the time. Since he has quit drinking he has lost his touch.