Aaron Rodgers said it best...

ShakAttack

Most of us likely heard Aaron's quote before the Bills game:

"Shoot, this might be the best thing for us"   (With Buffalo next on the schedule and being a heavy underdog)

Obviously, it didn't go so well for Mr. Rodgers, but if I'm looking for some positives after a very, very negative day, I am looking forward to the opportunity to gain our confidence back and hopefully get back on track if we can beat a 7-1 Vikings team.

That would also silence a lot of the doubters, and possibly put the Jets game behind us, depending on how the game plays out.

Now, the alternative, is a scary thought, but not an unfamiliar position to be in...

If we LOST to the Vikings instead... we could be on a path similar to last season, sometime after the bye week, when the Bills lost 3 of 4 games and 2 of them were about as humbling as yesterday's game:

Loss to Colts 41-15

Win vs Saints 31-6

Loss to Pats 14-10

Loss to Bucs 33-27  ---  We were getting BLOWN OUT at halftime.  Then Allen quite possibly had his most impressive comeback bid ever, unfortunately it was in a losing effort, but it seems like a lot of the time Allen has to hit ROCK BOTTOM before ascending back up to where he was, and if that is happening again, then I hate to say it but... this slump is probably just getting started 😂

But here's the thing, this happened to the same Bills team that had a "once in a lifetime" opportunity to make/win the Super Bowl, once the playoffs were underway. 

Anyway, was just looking for a positive/realistic spin on our current situation and that's what came to mind...

Edited by BobBelcher
  • Like (+1) 1

Meh, they weren’t gonna win every game.  Yesterday will probably be the game, when we look back, that cost us the playoffs coming through Buffalo, unless we really clean up our act and start playing smart again.  I’d venture to guess the gauntlet with be through Arrowhead again. 

i just had a feeling we’d lose that game…. Hoped not, but here we are. 

• Agree 1

12 minutes ago, Donuts and Doritos said:

You mean like 'Frankie Goes To Hollywood'?!?  Didn't Rodgers listen to Mickey Goldmill either?!

• Haha (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, B-Large said:

Meh, they weren’t gonna win every game.  Yesterday will probably be the game, when we look back, that cost us the playoffs coming through Buffalo, unless we really clean up our act and start playing smart again.  I’d venture to guess the gauntlet with be through Arrowhead again. 

I did as well.  I didn't like the matchup.  I did not like how a 5-3 Jets team was being so overlooked at home.  That said, I also didn't expect them to milk the clock in the 4th quarter but running it down our throats without Breece Hall.  I honestly like how we matchup against the Vikings a bit better than Jets and I think we will get to Kirk Cousins.  Still concerned about Dalvin Cook running it down our throats and our secondary covering JJ/Thielen.  Tre white's return will be a bonus, but man.. I sure wish Jordan Poyer was wearing his dang brace against GB like Rachel said.  

21 minutes ago, B-Large said:

Week 9 was the start of the 2021 Malaise. Yes, they lost to Tennessee, but they were right in position to win that against a perennial challenger.

Week 9 vs Jacksonville was where the wheels fell off and caused the descent to being 2nd in the Division, before they turned it around in the closing weeks and got the 3 seed.

McDermott should take a look back at what learnings he had from that point up through the 1st half against Tampa. Because this could just be an aberration game. But you just have to make sure it doesn't become another major skid.

33 minutes ago, BobBelcher said:

Most of us likely heard Aaron's quote before the Bills game:

"Shoot, this might be the best thing for us"   (With Buffalo next on the schedule and being a heavy underdog)

Obviously, it didn't go so well for Mr. Rodgers, but if I'm looking for some positives after a very, very negative day, I am looking forward to the opportunity to gain our confidence back and hopefully get back on track if we can beat a 7-1 Vikings team.

That would also silence a lot of the doubters, and possibly put the Jets game behind us, depending on how the game plays out.

Now, the alternative, is a scary thought, but not an unfamiliar position to be in...

If we LOST to the Vikings instead... we could be on a path similar to last season, sometime after the bye week, when the Bills lost 3 of 4 games and 2 of them were about as humbling as yesterday's game:

Loss to Colts 41-15

Win vs Saints 31-6

Loss to Pats 14-10

Loss to Bucs 33-27  ---  We were getting BLOWN OUT at halftime.  Then Allen quite possibly had his most impressive comeback bid ever, unfortunately it was in a losing effort, but it seems like a lot of the time Allen has to hit ROCK BOTTOM before ascending back up to where he was, and if that is happening again, then I hate to say it but... this slump is probably just getting started 😂

But here's the thing, this happened to the same Bills team that had a "once in a lifetime" opportunity to make/win the Super Bowl, once the playoffs were underway. 

Anyway, was just looking for a positive/realistic spin on our current situation and that's what came to mind...

I like the way you think.

3gwdow.png

• Haha (+1) 1

8 hours ago, B-Large said:

KC has a similarly bad loss to the Colts on their resume and we have the tiebreaker against them.  Why do you think they have the advantage?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.