Bills at Jets 1990

Buffalo03

So, this week for Jets week, I am going with Bills at Jets on a Monday night in 1990. We lit the Jets up pretty good in this game 30-7. The Jets went down the field early but didn't do much from that point as we dominated from there. I have posted the condensed 20 min version of this game. If anyone has any memories from this game feel free to share and as always....Go Bills!!!

That was an interesting time and an interesting game. There was still a healthy amount of skepticism about that ( eventual AFC champ) Bills team. They had a season opening win vs Colts then a road loss to Miami. Resident Buffalo News skeptic extraordinaire Jerry Sullivan had a pregame take that I remember vividly. In his column he asked “ why do I get the feeling Monday nights bills game could be ( Jets RB) Blair Thomas’ coming out party ? “ . The Bills went out and destroyed the Jets: Thurman had an epic game. 

8 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

So, this week for Jets week, I am going with Bills at Jets on a Monday night in 1990. We lit the Jets up pretty good in this game 30-7. The Jets went down the field early but didn't do much from that point as we dominated from there. I have posted the condensed 20 min version of this game. If anyone has any memories from this game feel free to share and as always....Go Bills!!!

Big shoulder pad fashion era!

Thomas went off in this game for 214 yards rushing. Beside this, I mainly remember the game as the follow up to getting crushed by Miami the previous week. There were some verbal altercations in that game between Bruce and others with Marv, and the media was ginning up the 1989 Bickering Bills story again.

Edited by buffblue

19 minutes ago, buffblue said:

Thomas went off in this game for 214 yards rushing. Beside this, I mainly remember the game as the follow up to getting crushed by Miami the previous week. There were some verbal altercations in that game between Bruce and others with Marv, and the media was ginning up the 1989 Bickering Bills story again.

Imagine if we had a guy like Thurman now. That would be insane

• Like (+1) 1

A young 16 year old Beef was at that game . It was awesome to be there on Halloween on Monday night. I lived 40 minutes away from the meadowlands and went to every Bills Jets game from 89 to 94. I bought nosebleed seats but learned from a friend that there were 4 seats at the 20 yard line Buffalo sideline that belonged to reporters but they never used them so we sat there. we were second row from the field and 4 seats away from J-E-T-S Jets jets jets Fireman Ed and the guy who put him on his shoulders. The best part was the Bills Thumped the Jests every game. I cheered loudly and always went home with my Bruce Smith Jersey covered in mustard from Pretzels that pissed off jets fans threw at me.

Lmao at the Air Horns when Norwood attempted field goals 😂🤣

26 minutes ago, BRH said:

Two thoughts:

1.  Poor Ken O'Brien.  He was running for his life, especially in the second half.

2.  Look at that turf.  People actually used to play whole football games on it.

…..and little was said about playing on that body pounding, brush burn carpet back then.

Never thought of that era as old school football, but, today players wouldn’t step on that.

1 hour ago, Buffalo03 said:

I remember that game, it was fantastic, hard to believe how dominant they were, way before I or "we" had any sense how dynamic that team could be.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.