Doesn't McD claim the Bills are the best prepared team in the NFL - Yet at the end of games they fall apart?????

Billsfan1972

1 hour ago, todd said:

Another horrid take. People need to grow up and have some perspective. I have no idea how you prepare for 10 injuries and almost not being able to field a full team. But hey, if you need to vent that's fine. 

Nothing to do with the thread.....  I said the end of game coaching has not been good.  This happens over & over and is not a one off.  

The game was there to be won in the last 2 minutes with a FG and they did not execute.

14 hours ago, Donuts and Doritos said:

How many trash McD threads are we going to have? This is like the 3rd one.

Maybe we should start one about Beane :) The OL is still subpar. Maybe its just me but it seems like there isn't a worse team in the league in short yardage situations then the Bills. Take the end of the game 2nd and goal from the one. Pound it in there with Singletary or Moss. Why have Allen throw it on 3rd down. 4th down I get throwing but try to pound it in there a couple of times. I think only the Bengals and Giants have worse OL's. Allen covers up for them with his ability to scramble to avoid the rush otherwise he would be getting the Burrow/Jones treatment.

27 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Death, taxes and BF1972.

Three inevitable causes of misery

Stop it.....  Not miserable, stating an opinion.

The last 2.5 years the Bills have been dreadful in late game situations, often making bad decisions or not having situational awareness (i.e. McKenzie on Sunday). 

I'm not sweating the loss, just lamenting wasting what should have been a comfortable win.

And I asked a question, which on p.4 still has not been addressed.  However pithy, sarcastic responses are all over. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

The last 2.5 years the Bills have been dreadful in late game situations, often making bad decisions or not having situational awareness (i.e. McKenzie on Sunday). 

I'm not sweating the loss, just lamenting wasting what should have been a comfortable win.

And I asked a question, which on p.4 still has not been addressed.  However pithy, sarcastic responses are all over. 

wonder why...

24 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

We were 5-1 in one score games in 2020.

In their defense, these are humans and they were physically and mentally exhausted.

If I'm busy doing yard work in the Atlanta heat and humidity, I'm spent after an hour.  Granted, I'm not as young or in great physical shape as the players are, but they are exerting themselves at full speed in heat, sunshine, humidity, with barely a breeze.  It was described as feeling like 124 degrees on the field.

The Dolphin players having shade on the sidelines (as opposed to direct rays all afternoon) may be the 2 point differential right there. Add to that the cohesiveness that was lost as they had to call on 2nd and 3rd string players on short notice.

If they had a mental or physical lapse, I can't blame them. Those men gave it everything they had. 

I believe the short pass to McKenzie that should have been 6 points, can be attributed to Josh simply running on fumes.

In my estimation, he lost the acuity and concentration needed for the proper mechanics to place the ball McKenzie's reach.  The mind and body were no longer in sync.

Edited by SoMAn
added thought
  • Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, teef said:

wonder why...

Because you are too busy trying to fashion a witty response?  Don't ever change.

This is a fairly serious issue imo, where the Bills can't seem to win close games, often too having the ball in Josh Allen's hand at the end of games. 

I thought minimum a FG attempt was a given based on having the ball on the 25 and 1:33 on the clock. 

8 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Because you are too busy trying to fashion a witty response?  Don't ever change.

This is a fairly serious issue imo, where the Bills can't seem to win close games, often too having the ball in Josh Allen's hand at the end of games. 

I thought minimum a FG attempt was a given based on having the ball on the 25 and 1:33 on the clock. 

you need to realize that i'm one of the few reasons your thread are entertaining.  

6 hours ago, SoMAn said:

In their defense, these are humans and they were physically and mentally exhausted.

If I'm busy doing yard work in the Atlanta heat and humidity, I'm spent after an hour.  Granted, I'm not as young or in great physical shape as the players are, but they are exerting themselves at full speed in heat, sunshine, humidity, with barely a breeze.  It was described as feeling like 124 degrees on the field.

The Dolphin players having shade on the sidelines (as opposed to direct rays all afternoon) may be the 2 point differential right there. Add to that the cohesiveness that was lost as they had to call on 2nd and 3rd string players on short notice.

If they had a mental or physical lapse, I can't blame them. Those men gave it everything they had. 

I believe the short pass to McKenzie that should have been 6 points, can be attributed to Josh simply running on fumes.

In my estimation, he lost the acuity and concentration needed for the proper mechanics to place the ball McKenzie's reach.  The mind and body were no longer in sync.

I think Allen's legs gave out on that throw.  He double clutched his foot in the stride.

3 minutes ago, Gugny said:

That's because there were no crowds.

Isn't 3 a crowd?  I'm sure there was 3 people in the stands.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I think Allen's legs gave out on that throw.  He double clutched his foot in the stride.

Isn't 3 a crowd?  I'm sure there was 3 people in the stands.

No.  Three's Company.

You will be haunted by Jack Tripper tonight.

7 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

We were 5-1 in one score games in 2020.

I think a better question or metric to track is “when the Bills are behind and need a score to win late in the 4th, how often do they succeed or fail?”

Honestly going back go 2020 only the Rams game fits that description and we needed a Herculean effort by Allen and a very iffy illegal contact call. Most of the other games were one score, but really it was just garbage time stats by the other teams to make it seem more respectable. 

The “one score game thing” is kind of a mirage, but I will say since we got hexed by the Hail Murray we just can’t seem to put together a clutch drive late in the fourth to take the lead when we need it. The Bills always come up juuust short. 

I guess 20 years of watching Brady do that ***** constantly just has me thinking it should be easier than it seems. 

1 minute ago, uninja said:

I think a better question or metric to track is “when the Bills are behind and need a score to win late in the 4th, how often do they succeed or fail?”

Honestly going back go 2020 only the Rams game fits that description and we needed a Herculean effort by Allen and a very iffy illegal contact call. Most of the other games were one score, but really it was just garbage time stats by the other teams to make it seem more respectable. 

The “one score game thing” is kind of a mirage, but I will say since we got hexed by the Hail Murray we just can’t seem to put together a clutch drive late in the fourth to take the lead when we need it. The Bills always come up juuust short. 

I guess 20 years of watching Brady do that ***** constantly just has me thinking it should be easier than it seems. 

I can agree with this post.  For Josh Allen specifically, I count the Chiefs playoff game last year.  He was clutch and he was let down by the special teams and defense.

4 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I can't think of anything John Ritter wasn't great in.

I wouldn't have wanted anyone else in The $25,000 Pyramid.  

4 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I can agree with this post.  For Josh Allen specifically, I count the Chiefs playoff game last year.  He was clutch and he was let down by the special teams and defense.

I wouldn't have wanted anyone else in The $25,000 Pyramid.  

What about Paul Lynn?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.