Iran Is On Fire

Tiberius

19 minutes ago, Buffarukus said:

start-->free speech rights are more important then gun rights--> gun rights are needed to obtain/maintain free speach rights--> return to start.

In Great Britain there is no fundamental right to own a gun. They are free. 

9 hours ago, Tiberius said:

In Great Britain there is no fundamental right to own a gun. They are free. 

so no uprising and bloodshed was necessary to obtain the british freedoms you speak of? 

the people are safe and sound knowing their "most important" freedoms are eternal?

https://fee.org/articles/uk-man-arrested-for-malicious-communications-after-posting-meme-mocking-the-transgender-flag/

malicious communications charge? sounds like that freedom is on shakey ground suddenly. 

ill put it in words you can relate to.

you look at things through a lens of once you get human rights they are there forever. nothing could ever happen that would force the people to have to take up arms to defend and preserve them.

this sentiment is coming from the same side that is screaming a fascist dictator (trump ULTRA MAGA) is seeking power and will destroy democracy and human rights if given power. yet, that fascist dictator is also fighting for YOUR right to bare arms. YOU! the one who opposes him. so if what you say is true your going to certainly hope the lefts campaign to take gun rights fails and promise you will see just how important it is. 

on the flip of the coin the side who does not see the importance of gun rights just so happens to want to pack the court, end voter IDs, ect. ect. ect. basically you would be thrilled if the only opposition did not exist. complete unarmed trust that rights will be upheld forever under 1 party rule. like our gov has earned trust now. wait until they no longer need to gain your vote. sticks, rocks and speech are enough to stop a government. sure. that is not working out for the iranians for some reason. we have plenty of examples to look at.

its quite a conundrum to try and explain. I'm fascinated to hear a actual one that isn't a deflection, circular, whatabout or other fallacy leftist cant seem to get away from. i guess it looks like its easier to avoid the altogether since ive asked for one multiple times now in a thread YOU started.

Edited by Buffarukus

22 hours ago, Buffarukus said:

so no uprising and bloodshed was necessary to obtain the british freedoms you speak of? 

the people are safe and sound knowing their "most important" freedoms are eternal?

https://fee.org/articles/uk-man-arrested-for-malicious-communications-after-posting-meme-mocking-the-transgender-flag/

malicious communications charge? sounds like that freedom is on shakey ground suddenly. 

ill put it in words you can relate to.

you look at things through a lens of once you get human rights they are there forever. nothing could ever happen that would force the people to have to take up arms to defend and preserve them.

this sentiment is coming from the same side that is screaming a fascist dictator (trump ULTRA MAGA) is seeking power and will destroy democracy and human rights if given power. yet, that fascist dictator is also fighting for YOUR right to bare arms. YOU! the one who opposes him. so if what you say is true your going to certainly hope the lefts campaign to take gun rights fails and promise you will see just how important it is. 

on the flip of the coin the side who does not see the importance of gun rights just so happens to want to pack the court, end voter IDs, ect. ect. ect. basically you would be thrilled if the only opposition did not exist. complete unarmed trust that rights will be upheld forever under 1 party rule. like our gov has earned trust now. wait until they no longer need to gain your vote. sticks, rocks and speech are enough to stop a government. sure. that is not working out for the iranians for some reason. we have plenty of examples to look at.

its quite a conundrum to try and explain. I'm fascinated to hear a actual one that isn't a deflection, circular, whatabout or other fallacy leftist cant seem to get away from. i guess it looks like its easier to avoid the altogether since ive asked for one multiple times now in a thread YOU started.

Cart before horse? I mean in a stable republic, why should people have assault rifles? 

4 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Cart before horse? I mean in a stable republic, why should people have assault rifles? 

because stability is not guaranteed by man. paper will not stop evil or lust for power. we can see even the mightiest civilizations known to humans have fallen both from internal and external forces. people deserve a fighting chance when that happens. words have never been a match for brutal force. you have lived a comfortable life where those before you fought that battle gave there lives on your behalf and you are saying i am not willing to do it, if needed for the next generation. im too comfortable my leaders will always have good intentions i will strip myself and all those after me of their ability to defend themselves from evil. 

looking at iran, hong kong, ukrain, should be a constant reminder its not some impossibility you or your children will face someday. its right in front of you.

so my question for you is.

what has the gov done to earn that level of trust? if you think they are not capable then you simply haven't read our history/recent history. as i stated you believe a authoritarian gaining power is only 2 years away! who you think will save you?

2 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Provide 200 plus years of security and prosperity. 

hmm. 200 years of security? so your your great grandfather could tell you a story this wasn't the case and that is long enough to think you are guaranteed a eternity of it in the future? well i hope for your children and grand childrens sake that continues. if you are successful today in stripping the second amendment then other people in the world may be watching them in the same battle that iranian citizens are in with no defense against being slaughtered at will. im sure they will be thinking about how foolish it was for their own citizens to simply give that right away. 

1 minute ago, Buffarukus said:

hmm. 200 years of security? so your your great grandfather could tell you a story this wasn't the case and that is long enough to think you are guaranteed a eternity of it in the future? well i hope for your children and grand childrens sake that continues. if you are successful today in stripping the second amendment then other people in the world may be watching them in the same battle that iranian citizens are in with no defense against being slaughtered at will. im sure they will be thinking about how foolish it was for their own citizens to simply give that right away. 

Seems to be working now.  We are not Iran where the religious nuts are in charge and the people suffer. Our wall between church and state has served us well

3 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Seems to be working now.  We are not Iran where the religious nuts are in charge and the people suffer. Our wall between church and state has served us well

"working now" is great for you. not so good for those that come after you. church is just one tiny part of tyranny. our gov literally JUST mandated locking down its citizens based on lies and you feel secure their are no threats to control the populous? i gave you a story about people in the UK that are being arrested for speech in THE EXAMPLE YOU GAVE for being free and no big deal. everything is great and will always be great.

you need to scratch the surface of what's happening around you if you think "it can never happen here". you literally just started a thread about "christian nationalism"!!! so not even sure you believe that.

if you want to live with blind optimism. by all means stay away from exercising your second amendment but don't force law abiding citizens to see your worldview and advocate stripping their and future generations rights. they have the personal choice to use it or not and you want to take it. that's pretty authoritarian in itself don't you think?

33 minutes ago, Buffarukus said:

"working now" is great for you. not so good for those that come after you. church is just one tiny part of tyranny. our gov literally JUST mandated locking down its citizens based on lies and you feel secure their are no threats to control the populous? i gave you a story about people in the UK that are being arrested for speech in THE EXAMPLE YOU GAVE for being free and no big deal. everything is great and will always be great.

you need to scratch the surface of what's happening around you if you think "it can never happen here". you literally just started a thread about "christian nationalism"!!! so not even sure you believe that.

if you want to live with blind optimism. by all means stay away from exercising your second amendment but don't force law abiding citizens to see your worldview and advocate stripping their and future generations rights. they have the personal choice to use it or not and you want to take it. that's pretty authoritarian in itself don't you think?

Just keep educating people and keep economy strong and things will go well :) 

32 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Iran hates our media. Their "president" cancelled an interview with Christiane Amanpour because she refused to wear head dress. Those that hate our media are largely driven by hatred of the truth 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2022/09/28/us-iran-policy-next-wave-protests/

You appear to be trying to connect an awful lot of dots with one post there. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/25/2022 at 8:41 AM, SoCal Deek said:

Our entire civilization gets much of its core principles from ‘made up religious stuff’. But once again.. you already know that. 

Made Up religious stuff ?? I take it given that statement your in love with Darwin ??

7 minutes ago, T master said:

Oh okay a simple misunderstanding sorry ...

No worries. One of the biggest scandals these days is the Democrats using the slogan of ‘defending democracy’ to mean anyone who opposes their agenda. The sooner Nancy heads off to the Cayman Islands, the better. She should know better but she simply doesn’t care. 

17 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

No worries. One of the biggest scandals these days is the Democrats using the slogan of ‘defending democracy’ to mean anyone who opposes their agenda. The sooner Nancy heads off to the Cayman Islands, the better. She should know better but she simply doesn’t care. 

I truly don't believe any of them care any more for anything but for their personal betterment & feel they are above the little people that they are over seeing.

That is proven by us by looking at where & how they live Pelosi & Maxine Waters are 2 of the worst and of course there is more but they live in their multi million dollar mansions preaching how the down trodden & "Undocumented immigrants" need to be aloud the entitlements the US has to give .

Most all politicians make me throw upon my mouth a little just to here them talk ! I wish there was a way they like every one of us could be fired for doing a terrible job but that will never happen they are like leaches or better yet roaches once they are around they are very hard to get rid of ...

Edited by T master

41 minutes ago, T master said:

I truly don't believe any of them care any more for anything but for their personal betterment & feel they are above the little people that they are over seeing.

That is proven by us by looking at where & how they live Pelosi & Maxine Waters are 2 of the worst and of course there is more but they live in their multi million dollar mansions preaching how the down trodden & "Undocumented immigrants" need to be aloud the entitlements the US has to give .

Most all politicians make me throw upon my mouth a little just to here them talk ! I wish there was a way they like every one of us could be fired for doing a terrible job but that will never happen they are like leaches or better yet roaches once they are around they are very hard to get rid of ...

What so many voters on both sides of the aisle fail to understand is that modern day politicians look at ejected office as their permanent profession. They see their role, much like anyone in the private sector, to promote and expand their company. But in the case of politicians their company is the government. The concept of customer service is about as foreign to them as it is any private utility provider with no competition. So…every couple of years you run some advertisements praising yourself for how you’re fighting for the people, and then once elected you go back to your job/mission of promoting and growing your company…government. 

Edited by SoCal Deek
  • Like (+1) 2

The State Department took a step toward open assistance for the Iranian protesters this week, when Deputy Secretary of State Wendy Sherman met with representatives of more than 20 technology companies to explain new rules that help internet communications devices reach Iran without violating sanctions. She told them it was “a moment of opportunity for technology companies to provide people in Iran with essential tools to communicate with each other and the outside world using the Internet.” Bravo to that.

Bravo indeed! 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2022/10/13/iranian-regime-womens-movement-hijab-protest/

• 2 weeks later...

IRAN: 15 Reported Dead at Holy Site Shooting, Anti-Regime Protests Continue Countrywide. 

“Add yet another wrinkle to the country’s anti-regime actions that have been going on for weeks around the Mullah’s religious dictatorship.”

https://pjmedia.com/vodkapundit/2022/10/26/iran-15-reported-dead-at-holy-site-shooting-anti-regime-protests-continue-countrywide-n1640248