Trump shows real reason he has no business running

I just came across this tonight.  I'm stunned. 

Now I understand the following people are not hard core (maybe even remotely) MAGA:

Russell Brand

Elon Musk

Joe Rogan

Bill Maher

And countless others you won't hear about.  

Last night, Trump decided to attack Elon Musk.  

“He’s got himself a mess, you know, he said the other day, ‘I’ve never voted for a Republican.’ I said I didn’t know that. He told me he voted for me. So he’s another bull#### artist but he’s not going to be buying it, although he might later. Who the hell knows what’s going to happen? He’s got a pretty rotten contract. I looked at his contract, not a good contract. Sign up for Truth. We love Truth.”

https://www.breitbart.com/tech/2022/07/10/donald-trump-calls-elon-musk-a-bull####-artist-at-alaska-rally/

Read the comments.  Trump isn't winning the primary in 2024.  

A lot has changed since March 2020.  And I don't know what Trump is thinking these days post presidency.  He's done all he could do to save America and gave literally everything.  He will get credit for that and helping to transform the GOP.  

But he said what he did (and pick another fight that wasn't needed) for 2 reasons:

1.  Musk said he'd vote DeSantis 

2. Sign up for Truth Social

This stuff will always make him his own worst enemy.  

The standard bearer for a new GOP cannot alienate ANY person of significance even if they aren't 100% MAGA.  MAGA needs to be "in the grand scheme of things, are you American?"  This doesn't mean you can't do business in China, or support abortion up to 15 weeks.  Just reject modern communism being rebranded as Woke - and getting companies on board with the State thru coercion or whatever.   

So when Elon Musk clearly rejects the modern left, with his influence and popularity among voters we're trying to win, you embrace that!  DeSantis did - "I welcome the support of all African Americans."  

Trump has a role in 2022 and 2024.  But his lack of political savvy when needed is a major reason he won't get half the voters in a general to support him even after this cluster ***k administration.  They don't want (neither do I) him picking fights or saying what he did about Musk for no reason.  We want him embracing as many as possible and keeping laser focus on the actual enemies of this country.  If he hasn't learned this by now - step aside Sir.  

We don't need purity.  No party is getting that ever.  What Trump said about Musk was stupid.  Especially considering Musk - More than ANY member of the GOP is doing all he can to expose the biggest hindrance to free speech on the planet.  The anti American staff at Twitter.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

2 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

I just came across this tonight.  I'm stunned. 

Now I understand the following people are not hard core (maybe even remotely) MAGA:

Russell Brand

Elon Musk

Joe Rogan

Bill Maher

And countless others you won't hear about.  

Last night, Trump decided to attack Elon Musk.  

“He’s got himself a mess, you know, he said the other day, ‘I’ve never voted for a Republican.’ I said I didn’t know that. He told me he voted for me. So he’s another bull#### artist but he’s not going to be buying it, although he might later. Who the hell knows what’s going to happen? He’s got a pretty rotten contract. I looked at his contract, not a good contract. Sign up for Truth. We love Truth.”

https://www.breitbart.com/tech/2022/07/10/donald-trump-calls-elon-musk-a-bull####-artist-at-alaska-rally/

Read the comments.  Trump isn't winning the primary in 2024.  

A lot has changed since March 2020.  And I don't know what Trump is thinking these days post presidency.  He's done all he could do to save America and gave literally everything.  He will get credit for that and helping to transform the GOP.  

But he said what he did (and pick another fight that wasn't needed) for 2 reasons:

1.  Musk said he'd vote DeSantis 

2. Sign up for Truth Social

This stuff will always make him his own worst enemy.  

The standard bearer for a new GOP cannot alienate ANY person of significance even if they aren't 100% MAGA.  MAGA needs to be "in the grand scheme of things, are you American?"  This doesn't mean you can't do business in China, or support abortion up to 15 weeks.  Just reject modern communism being rebranded as Woke - and getting companies on board with the State thru coercion or whatever.   

So when Elon Musk clearly rejects the modern left, with his influence and popularity among voters we're trying to win, you embrace that!  DeSantis did - "I welcome the support of all African Americans."  

Trump has a role in 2022 and 2024.  But his lack of political savvy when needed is a major reason he won't get half the voters in a general to support him even after this cluster ***k administration.  They don't want (neither do I) him picking fights or saying what he did about Musk for no reason.  We want him embracing as many as possible and keeping laser focus on the actual enemies of this country.  If he hasn't learned this by now - step aside Sir.  

We don't need purity.  No party is getting that ever.  What Trump said about Musk was stupid.  Especially considering Musk - More than ANY member of the GOP is doing all he can to expose the biggest hindrance to free speech on the planet.  The anti American staff at Twitter.  

I agree…He has done some good things…But he will only go so far because, in the end, it’s more about himself, than the country imo…His ego blinds him, when he could be building bipartisan support…

• Like (+1) 3

The entire Trump presidency and his legacy would be totally different if he would just learn to shut his pie hole i think many more people would have stood up & quite possibly voted for him but his brash out spoken sometimes ignorant comments has put him in a totally different light .

Being a out sider & not a career politician made him hated from the beginning but his business savvy is what the POTUS needs which very few have ever had not many including the now POTUS could run a successful hot dog stand & if they failed couldn't come back to be remotely successful .

But Trump has done that failed numerous times but comes back from it he just needed to do his job & shut the F up ! I thought he might be one that seeing his success would learn from his mistakes moving forward but it's not looking as if he has or will .

So i totally agree they need to have some one else as a nominee because even though i like his business like approach to the white house his punk ass mouth is not what the country needs in that position time to move on from the Trumpster unfortunately !! 

Edited by T master
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

7 hours ago, T master said:

The entire Trump presidency and his legacy would be totally different if he would just learn to shut his pie hole i think many more people would have stood up & quite possibly voted for him but his brash out spoken sometimes ignorant comments has put him in a totally different light .

Being a out sider & not a career politician made him hated from the beginning but his business savvy is what the POTUS needs which very few have ever had not many including the now POTUS could run a successful hot dog stand & if they failed couldn't come back to be remotely successful .

But Trump has done that failed numerous times but comes back from it he just needed to do his job & shut the F up ! I thought he might be one that seeing his success would learn from his mistakes moving forward but it's not looking as if he has or will .

So i totally agree they need to have some one else as a nominee because even though i like his business like approach to the white house his punk ass mouth is not what the country needs in that position time to move on from the Trumpster unfortunately !! 

I said the same thing two years into his presidency…I told a friend that Trump should win re election easily, because most Americans agreed with his policy…I went on to say “but if he doesn’t  shut his mouth, he’s going to turn moderates and independents off”- and that exactly what happened…

He gave the media too much ammo to keep ripping into him about- even if some of it was funny…

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

I said the same thing two years into his presidency…I told a friend that Trump should win re election easily, because most Americans agreed with his policy…I went on to say “but if he doesn’t  shut his mouth, he’s going to turn moderates and independents off”- and that exactly what happened…

He gave the media too much ammo to keep ripping into him about- even if some of it was funny…

Conventional wisdom is that absent COVID, he wins by a mile in spite of the issues you laid out.    

As it turns out, he was correct on what the focus on COVID would look like post-presidency.  While suggesting it would disappear was a stretch, the reality is that there was substantially less focus on death, spread, vax status and when Biden washed his hands of the problem, the national media and Dems barely blinked.  
the half-a-mill dead under the Biden plan was a non-event.  

We now have a pattern where what constitutes “vaccinated” has been redefined to substantially less than vax/vac/booster or vax/boost for JNJ. 

All this, of course, post Operation Warp

Speed which based on preliminary numbers and projections, saved millions of Americans in spite of Dems encouraging mass protests and mass spread throughout the pandemic.  

14 hours ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Conventional wisdom is that absent COVID, he wins by a mile in spite of the issues you laid out.    

As it turns out, he was correct on what the focus on COVID would look like post-presidency.  While suggesting it would disappear was a stretch, the reality is that there was substantially less focus on death, spread, vax status and when Biden washed his hands of the problem, the national media and Dems barely blinked.  
the half-a-mill dead under the Biden plan was a non-event.  

We now have a pattern where what constitutes “vaccinated” has been redefined to substantially less than vax/vac/booster or vax/boost for JNJ. 

All this, of course, post Operation Warp

Speed which based on preliminary numbers and projections, saved millions of Americans in spite of Dems encouraging mass protests and mass spread throughout the pandemic.  

Conventional wisdom also said if  Kamala Harris was not vp candidate and AOC shut her mouth trump would have lost by a larger margin. 

There is 2 sides to politics. The folks in the middle are affect both ways. 

7 minutes ago, Niagara Bill said:

Conventional wisdom also said if  Kamala Harris was not vp candidate and AOC shut her mouth trump would have lost by a larger margin. 

A note of Parliamentary procedure:  What? 

The subject was Trump and his general demeanor.  I responded with a thought regarding the impact of COVID on his re-election, which was significant and not addressed in @JaCrispy comment.  

But yes, if not for some things, other things might or might not be.  Btw, I always loved the colorful Canadian paper currency.  I think you call it a guilder, krone, something like that.  🇨🇦 

• Haha (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, Niagara Bill said:

I think Trump could have won in 2020 if he staged a better campaign focusing on issues and policy differences and not use the debates as opportunities to engage in personal and petty attacks, insults, and interruptions.  It came off as childish, which it was, and he didn't act or look all that Presidential.  

In 2016, he was totally unprepared to assume the job.  He alienated a lot of key and potential allies early on.  Many quit, some were fired because of disagreements or quarrels with his inner circle of associates and family from his private business ventures.  Hoisting his son-in-law and other family members to positions where they did more harm than good for the administration.  Lesson number one was missed, running the US is not a family business. 

I also thought he did nothing to neutralize or remove obstructionists, leakers, saboteurs, establishment spies, etc., from the agencies inside the Federal government.    Fire the ones you could and if you couldn't, strip them of their security clearance and duties while assigning them to a desk in the basement of some Federal office building where they can sit and rot for 4 years.  The fact he had no support system at the working levels and that Republican leadership was never really on-board with his administration didn't help either.  After all, he was an outsider and regardless of party the insiders protect and support each other.

I hope he doesn't run again because I can see a repeat performance if that happens.  The country can't afford another 4 years of obstruction and conflict any more than it can handle 4 years of Biden's gaffes and his administrations''s dysfunction.  All I can say is we sure know how to pick 'em.

Edited by All_Pro_Bills
  • Agree 2

*Bill Stime shifts to DeSantis in 5....4...3....2...*

We don't need the risk he brings just for 1 term.  ZERO reason for it as we expand the movement to the 70% of voters that are sane and know the Ds are a complete anti American ***t show

This coincides so perfectly with their flop of a January 6th hearings......they need an exit out of that mess so bad

Proof:

Wow what a shame.   Keep calling R voters insurrectionists tho by all means!  It worked in 2021.  Lol lol.  

Edited by Big Blitz

He's going to sabotage the movement and himself - thus DeSantis winning over him in a primary takes President DeSantis to elite status:

Trump Unleashes Vicious Attack On Musk, Musk Responds By Trolling Him

Trump then unleashed a harsher attack on Musk Tuesday evening, writing on social media: “When Elon Musk came to the White House asking me for help on all of his many subsidized projects, whether it’s electric cars that don’t drive long enough, driverless cars that crash, or rocketships to nowhere, without which subsidies he’d be worthless, and telling me how he was a big Trump fan and Republican, I could have said, ‘drop to your knees and beg,’ and he would have done it.”

“Now Elon should focus on getting himself out of the Twitter mess because he could owe $44 billion for something that’s perhaps worthless. Also, lots of competition for electric cars!” Trump continued. “P.S., Why was Elon allowed to break the $15 million stock purchase barrier on Twitter without any reporting? That is a very serious breach! Have fun Elon and @jack, go to it!”

https://www.dailywire.com/news/trump-unleashes-vicious-attack-on-musk-musk-responds-by-trolling-him

Again.....read the comments.  

Trump....if he has the audacity to run...isn't winning the primary.