Ray Epps et al. and the FEDSURRECTION

10 minutes ago, Wacka said:

Because he's a fed.

He’s clearly not. But whatever, the “my feelings don’t care about your facts” crowd will believe whatever they want, so carry on I guess. 

So far, we have:

Hillary Clinton murdered Seth Rich

The 2020 election was stolen

The Russians didn’t attempt to meddle in the 2016 election 

Dems eat babies to extend their lifespans

Ray Epps is a fed

Paul Pelosi was having a gay affair with David DePape

Grant Wahl was murdered

Grant Wahl was killed by the vaccine

The Dems and GOP are really the same party

Anything that doesn’t go my way is the result of seemingly omnipotent malicious actors and/or cheating

Am I missing anything else? Should we add some Q and maybe sprinkle in some lizard people?

35 minutes ago, BillsFanNC said:

Once again, facts they don't like are always a "conspiracy theory".

When they say conspiracy theory then you know you're close to the target.

🎯

It's really wild that despite Ray Epps believing that the Capitol was open on J6, that in the video above he has no problem ignoring the police and breaking through the barricade and running up to the Capitol steps.

Because, you know, he simply thought the Capitol was open that day. And that answer is quite good enough for the J6 committee!

No Julie tweet? You feeling ok?

11 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

He’s clearly not. But whatever, the “my feelings don’t care about your facts” crowd will believe whatever they want, so carry on I guess. 

So far, we have:

Ray Epps is a fed

Grant Wahl was murdered

Anything that doesn’t go my way is the result of seemingly omnipotent malicious actors and/or cheating

Am I missing anything else? Should we add some Q and maybe sprinkle in some lizard people?

sounds like blue anon stories to demonize the "other" so one can maintain a false view

oh yeah, and a crap load of strawmen.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

So far, we have:

Ray Epps is a fed

Grant Wahl was murdered

they had the smoking gun against trump

the laptop was Russian disinformation 

the 2016 election was stolen by the Russians 

the virus wasn’t created in lab in china and if you suggest it you’re racist 

I could go on but you get the point. 

22 minutes ago, Chris farley said:

sounds like blue anon stories to demonize the "other" so one can maintain a false view

oh yeah, and a crap load of strawmen.

Nothing wrong with an alternate view of things, but if you want someone to take them seriously, they should at least have *some* facts to support them. 

There is absolutely zero evidence that Epps was a fed and a lot of evidence that he wasn’t. Anyone who believes he is a fed is basing it entirely on what they *want* to be true and not what they can actually support with evidence. 

It happens time and time again on this board. Instead of begging with something rational like Occam or Hanlon’s Razor, people just think of what conclusion they prefer and work backwards from there. 

2 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

they had the smoking gun against trump

the laptop was Russian disinformation 

the 2016 election was stolen by the Russians 

the virus wasn’t created in lab in china and if you suggest it you’re racist 

I could go on but you get the point. 

Oh it’s definitely not restricted to one side. Everyone tends to jump to the emotional conclusion instead of waiting for the facts 

29 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

Hey, let me know when Gym Jordan’s investigation of the FBI shows Epps was a Fed.

I won’t hold my breath because we both know that ain’t coming. 

Any word on DOJ spying on Devin Nunes' team?

Or are you waiting to download the talking points from your masters?

You're a clown dude.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BillsFanNC said:

Any word on DOJ spying on Devin Nunes' team?

Or are you waiting to download the talking points from your masters?

You're a clown dude.

Did they spy on him with or without a warrant? Did they have probable cause? Did they break any laws? Was he involved with any aspect of an ongoing investigation?

Maybe, just maybe, the guy who tried to sue a fake cow isn’t the brightest bulb in the pack and got himself involved in something he shouldn’t have. 

Or is it your opinion that members of Congress should be immune from investigation?

1 hour ago, ChiGoose said:

Epps was on film encouraging others to enter the Capitol.  Inciting others to trespass.  So are you suggesting the video is fabricated or the DOJ has no interest in prosecuting this "crime"?  Clearly he was not charged as others were with less evidence.  So why is he off the hook here?  The idea he wasn't arrested because he is a government asset appears to be one very plausible explanation.

Maybe the government can clear things up by telling the truth and being forthcoming with the facts but let's not hold our breath waiting for that to happen

Edited by All_Pro_Bills
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, All_Pro_Bills said:

Epps was on film encouraging others to enter the Capitol.  Inciting others to trespass.  So are you suggesting the video is fabricated or the DOJ has no interest in prosecuting this "crime"?  Clearly he was not charged as others were with less evidence.  So why is he off the hook here?  The idea he wasn't arrested because he is a government asset appears to be one very plausible explanation.

I would suggest reading the actual interview with Epps. 

If he’s a government asset, he lied under oath close to a dozen times and we would expect Gym Jordan to refer him for prosecution for that as part of his upcoming investigations. But he won’t because there is zero evidence that Epps was a Fed asset. 

It’s just speculation from people who want Epps to secretly be a Fed because it would be good for their narrative. There’s no evidence of it and a good amount of evidence against it. 

Epps never entered the Capitol himself and if you think he should be prosecuting for saying people should go there, then I assume you think Trump should be prosecuted for the same thing.

Probably the best charge they could bring that they have a chance at proving would be trespassing and even then Epps’s defense attorney would have a very easy time painting him in a sympathetic light. 

45 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

Did they spy on him with or without a warrant? Did they have probable cause? Did they break any laws? Was he involved with any aspect of an ongoing investigation?

Well gee, we aren't sure. But we do have the subpoena from DOJ that allowed them to snoop on members of his team private correspondence. 

I mean this all happened 5 years ago. Maybe it's still in the "ongoing investigation" bin with Hunters laptop?

And we all know that they don't comment on ongoing investigations. 

^_^

45 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

Maybe, just maybe, the guy who tried to sue a fake cow isn’t the brightest bulb in the pack and got himself involved in something he shouldn’t have. 

Or is it your opinion that members of Congress should be immune from investigation?

Let's back up from your handwaving strawmen. Thanks again for those, always fresh.

Devin Nunes was the chair of the House intelligence committee in 2017.  He and his team were investigating the DOJ / FBi at the time. You know, carrying out part of their oversight responsibilities.

So a committee in the legislative branch in the process of carrying out their oversight duties of agencies under the executive branch, is spied on by one of those very agencies being investigated..... and your first question is to ask what did the member of the house intelligence committee do wrong?

Nah, you're not a partisan hack at all.

It's all just checks and balances, man. You investigate us? We spy on you.

Edited by BillsFanNC
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, BillsFanNC said:

Well gee, we aren't sure. But we do have the subpoena from DOJ that allowed them to snoop on members of his team private correspondence. 

I mean this all happened 5 years ago. Maybe it's still in the "ongoing investigation" bin with Hunters laptop?

And we all know that they don't comment on ongoing investigations. 

^_^

Let's back up from your handwaving strawmen. Thanks again for those, always fresh.

Devin Nunes was the chair of the House intelligence committee in 2017.  He and his team were investigating the DOJ / FBi at the time. You know, carrying out part of their oversight responsibilities.

So a committee in the legislative branch in the process of carrying out their oversight duties of agencies under the executive branch, is spied on by one of those very agencies being investigated..... and your first question is to ask what did the member of the house intelligence committee do wrong?

Nah, you're not a partisan hack at all.

It's all just checks and balances, man. You investigate us? We spy on you.

You’re acting like they didn’t have a warrant and just did it because of political reasons, yet you provide no evidence of such. 

6 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

You’re acting like they didn’t have a warrant and just did it because of political reasons, yet you provide no evidence of such. 

You act as if the department being investigated turning around and spying on the very investigators looking into them isn't beyond suspicious.

But six ways to Sunday, right?

Nothing says commie like defending unelected bureaucrats weilding extraordinary investigative and law enforcement power over elected representatives of the people who we have a mechanism for actually holding responsible.

You tell 'em Chuckie...

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, BillsFanNC said:

Ok...back to Epps.

I mean who seriously buys this nonsense besides the committee,ChiGoose, Tibs and Billstime?

Years ago, when I was in college, I was visiting a friend in Boston. After I dropped him off, I got stuck in traffic because there was a big fire in his building. I saw him walking by so I rolled down the window and said “Hey Johnny, your building is on fire!” Without breaking stride, he shouted back “I know, I did it!”

Now, if I was a moron, I might think he was seriously bragging about committing a crime out in public. But knowing him and our relationship, I thought it was a funny joke. 

Here, we seem to have people believing that a guy saying “I orchestrated it” to someone is not a joke but is actually an admission to a potential crime that also goes against absolutely everything else he has testified to. 

56 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

I would suggest reading the actual interview with Epps. 

If he’s a government asset, he lied under oath close to a dozen times and we would expect Gym Jordan to refer him for prosecution for that as part of his upcoming investigations. But he won’t because there is zero evidence that Epps was a Fed asset. 

It’s just speculation from people who want Epps to secretly be a Fed because it would be good for their narrative. There’s no evidence of it and a good amount of evidence against it. 

Epps never entered the Capitol himself and if you think he should be prosecuting for saying people should go there, then I assume you think Trump should be prosecuted for the same thing.

Probably the best charge they could bring that they have a chance at proving would be trespassing and even then Epps’s defense attorney would have a very easy time painting him in a sympathetic light. 

Its speculation both ways if he was or wasn't on the federal payroll.  Was he or wasn't he an asset?  Why won't the DOJ/FBI answer a simple question?  

There are lots of examples where people were arrested and didn't enter the Capitol.  As for Epps he did more than incite.  He was also observed removing physical barriers and encouraging others to pass through the police lines.  And if I recall, he was on the governments "most wanted" list for the event but suddenly was removed.  Wouldn't the agency coming clean and telling the truth be better than continuing speculation?  Instead of labeling skeptics conspiracy theorists demand the truth of the government.  

4 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

Its speculation both ways if he was or wasn't on the federal payroll.  Was he or wasn't he an asset?  Why won't the DOJ/FBI answer a simple question?  

There are lots of examples where people were arrested and didn't enter the Capitol.  As for Epps he did more than incite.  He was also observed removing physical barriers and encouraging others to pass through the police lines.  And if I recall, he was on the governments "most wanted" list for the event but suddenly was removed.  Wouldn't the agency coming clean and telling the truth be better than continuing speculation?  Instead of labeling skeptics conspiracy theorists demand the truth of the government.  

He was on the most wanted list until he called the FBI on Jan 8th and agreed to be interviewed by them. 

Once he had been interviewed by the FBI, it was probably pretty likely that they concluded they would be unlikely to secure a guilty verdict against him. 

All of these questions are answered by the transcript 

6 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

Epps may very well not be a Fed. But there are an awful lot of questions to be asked and answered before giving him that benefit of the doubt.

If you haven't read the Darren Beattie pieces, please do. They go into far, far greater detail about Epps and others.

As for your question about the Epps timeline on the most wanted list and then mysteriously disappearing from it:

So on January 8, 2021, the FBI begged the public for information regarding the identity of Suspect 16, Ray Epps, and even offered a cash reward.

The public obliged, and in less than three days, Ray Epps was identified as Suspect 16. Researchers corroborated his identity with troves of unassailable direct evidence, including an effective confession from Epps himself to his own local newspaper.

Then, for nearly six months, amidst the biggest manhunt in American history, the FBI did nothing with this information. As the FBI did nothing on Epps, it was simultaneously investigating, arresting, raiding and imprisoning hundreds of completely benign MAGA moms and social media trolls — mostly for minor misdemeanor trespassing charges.

Then, on July 1, between the hours of 3:37 a.m. and 5:55 p.m., the FBI finally took action on Ray Epps. But not to prosecute him, or to announce a sweeping investigation or FBI SWAT raid on Epps’s house for all of his phones and electronics. Instead, someone at the FBI quietly and stealthily purged every trace of Ray Epps from the Capitol Riots Most Wanted database.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1