New York Lt. Governor Brian Benjamin arrested

Beast

13 hours ago, Artful Dodger said:

One of the problems with one party government is corruption.

Corruption is a way of life in Albany. It could be a ***** proverb at this point.

What are they talking about in Washington DC that is completely legal its called lobbying they hire lawyers to bribe politicians i'm sorry Lobby politicians to vote for things with promises & other things more than likely so what is wrong with him doing that ? 

If they did arrest every one in Washington that did that they would have a totally new congress .

Edited by T master
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

It cracks me up that a corrupt Democrat is so not surprising that no one even feels the need to comment on it. 

I'm more disappointed if they don't get caught glad when they are no matter which party.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

42 minutes ago, T master said:

What are they talking about in Washington DC that is completely legal its called lobbying they hire lawyers to bribe politicians i'm sorry Lobby politicians to vote for things with promises & other things more than likely so what is wrong with him doing that ? 

If they did arrest every one in Washington that did that they would have a totally new congress .

I’ve been asked speak about this subject at a few conferences over the years. The problem isn’t the lobbyists asking for favors. It’s not even the offer of meals, contributions, or sports tickets. The problem is the politicians accepting the offer! Just say NO! 

• Agree 1

36 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

I’ve been asked speak about this subject at a few conferences over the years. The problem isn’t the lobbyists asking for favors. It’s not even the offer of meals, contributions, or sports tickets. The problem is the politicians accepting the offer! Just say NO! 

How hard would it be to change the rules? When I started in the financial biz 20 years ago this ***** went on all the time. Now?  Almost nonexistent and it’s a very good thing. 

1 hour ago, Chef Jim said:

How hard would it be to change the rules? When I started in the financial biz 20 years ago this ***** went on all the time. Now?  Almost nonexistent and it’s a very good thing. 

It's not hard at all to change the rules. But you have to want to change them....and the people who would write a new rule are the very same people addicted to the superbowl tickets, extravagant foreign research trips, and three martini lunches.  So unless you and me are going to send a Bill to the floor...good luck! 

3 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

And the "Lobbiest/Bribery lawyers" get paid a S**T ton of money which is more than likely tax payer money that they get paid with to do all the begging & bribery they do between all of the politicians .

Just now, T master said:

And the "Lobbiest/Bribery lawyers" get paid a S**T ton of money which is more than likely tax payer money that they get paid with to do all the begging & bribery they do between all of the politicians .

Many lobbyists represent private companies or industry organizations. Private money funds those lobbyists. Where you should be concerned is the public employee unions who take your tax dollars before they ever get into the hands of union members and turn right around and use those tax dollars to influence legislators, and representatives like school board and city council members.

It's not hard at all to change the rules. But you have to want to change them....and the people who would write a new rule are the very same people addicted to the superbowl tickets, extravagant foreign research trips, and three martini lunches.  So unless you and me are going to send a Bill to the floor...good luck! 

We need to send a “bill” to the floor seeing it’s our ***** money paying for those super bowl tickets. 😡

10 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

We need to send a “bill” to the floor seeing it’s our ***** money paying for those super bowl tickets. 😡

It’s not your money paying for the super bowl tickets. The tickets and lunches and all the other perks are purchased by private organizations. 

It’s not your money paying for the super bowl tickets. The tickets and lunches and all the other perks are purchased by private organizations. 

Seriously?  You don’t think there is any quid pro quo going on??  Let’s walk through this shall we.  I want some government cheese.  I send a lobbyist to DC to talk to my local representative to get me my cheese.  I get my cheese and my local representative is seen later that year cheering at the Super Bowl.  Hmmmmm… now how did he get to that game 

16 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Seriously?  You don’t think there is any quid pro quo going on??  Let’s walk through this shall we.  I want some government cheese.  I send a lobbyist to DC to talk to my local representative to get me my cheese.  I get my cheese and my local representative is seen later that year cheering at the Super Bowl.  Hmmmmm… now how did he get to that game 

Yes, Seriously

If you’ll read my earlier post…the problem isn’t the lobbyist offering the tickets. The problem is the elected official accepting them. 

List of every NYS Governor and Lieutenant Governor since 2007

Kathy Hochul – new stadium, gets a pass for now 😉

Brian Benjamin - resigned while in office due to misconduct allegations

Andrew Cuomo – resigned while in office due to misconduct allegations

Elliot Spitzer– resigned while in office due to misconduct allegations

David Patterson – bowed out of reelection due to low popularity and 2 corruption allegations

Joe Bruno – convicted felon

Dean Skelos – convicted felon

Malcolm Smith – convicted felon

Pedro Espada Jr. – convicted felon

Richard Ravitch – ostensibly not a criminal, proposed working for free and was effectively sued out of office by Espada.

6 minutes ago, yall said:

List of every NYS Governor and Lieutenant Governor since 2007

Kathy Hochul – new stadium, gets a pass for now 😉

Brian Benjamin - resigned while in office due to misconduct allegations

Andrew Cuomo – resigned while in office due to misconduct allegations

Elliot Spitzer– resigned while in office due to misconduct allegations

David Patterson – bowed out of reelection due to low popularity and 2 corruption allegations

Joe Bruno – convicted felon

Dean Skelos – convicted felon

Malcolm Smith – convicted felon

Pedro Espada Jr. – convicted felon

Richard Ravitch – ostensibly not a criminal, proposed working for free and was effectively sued out of office by Espada.

Is this actually true? At what point does the federal government come in a find out what’s going on? Sheeeesh! 

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Yes, Seriously

If you’ll read my earlier post…the problem isn’t the lobbyist offering the tickets. The problem is the elected official accepting them. 

And in turn for those tickets giving my tax money to the firm that bought the tickets.  So it’s MY money that bought those tickets.    The problem starts with the lobbyist offering the tickets.  That’s how they cleaned up my industry. Wholesalers were no longer allowed to offer incentives. Can’t accept what’s not being offered. 

27 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Is this actually true? At what point does the federal government come in a find out what’s going on? Sheeeesh! 

Feel free to check my math, but yeah I'm confident this is all directionally accurate. I say that because maybe one of the felonies was a misdemeanor, etc.