Clarence Thomas IS conflicted

Is Clarence Thomas conflicted?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Is Clarence Thomas conflicted?

• Yes
    • No

1 hour ago, B-Man said:

Dear God.

Justice Thomas's forms erroneously referred to income from "Ginger Ltd, 7632 Phares Drive" rather than "Ginger LLC, 7632 Phares Drive."

If this isn't an impeachable offense, then I just don't know what is.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/investigations/2023/04/16/clarence-thomas-ginger-financial-disclosure/

:w00t:

Not a word about why a billionaire was involved in the transaction.  Not a word about why the $500k trips weren't officially disclosed.  Did clarence expect the ethics committees to read his $13.99 kindle book?  c'mon.  Lte's see how pro publica responds to the other allegations...

2 hours ago, Doc said:

Never said either was right.  

so why try to defend thomas with whataboutism?  If that was not your purpose, what was?

Edited by redtail hawk
  • Eyeroll 1

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2023/apr/17/clarence-thomas-investigation-fox-news-juan-williams

But, Williams said, “the smell of financial corruption around Thomas is now stronger than the longstanding fear that his votes on the high court are dictated by his hatred of the liberals who put him through painful nomination hearing[s] dominated by Anita Hill’s charges of sexual harassment” in 1991

“He has always been gracious to my children,” he wrote, “as a guest in my home and even at my birthday party.”

Citing Thomas’s rise from poverty in Georgia, Williams said the justice was “a man who can recite Malcolm X by heart and expresses Black nationalist positions on the depth of Black self-sufficiency when liberated from interference by white racism and white do-gooders.

“That’s why, to me, Justice Thomas has always represented the best ideals of what Black men – like the two of us – could achieve in modern America with hard work and thick skin.”

Edited by redtail hawk
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

17 hours ago, redtail hawk said:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2023/apr/17/clarence-thomas-investigation-fox-news-juan-williams

But, Williams said, “the smell of financial corruption around Thomas is now stronger than the longstanding fear that his votes on the high court are dictated by his hatred of the liberals who put him through painful nomination hearing[s] dominated by Anita Hill’s charges of sexual harassment” in 1991

“He has always been gracious to my children,” he wrote, “as a guest in my home and even at my birthday party.”

Citing Thomas’s rise from poverty in Georgia, Williams said the justice was “a man who can recite Malcolm X by heart and expresses Black nationalist positions on the depth of Black self-sufficiency when liberated from interference by white racism and white do-gooders.

“That’s why, to me, Justice Thomas has always represented the best ideals of what Black men – like the two of us – could achieve in modern America with hard work and thick skin.”

Great example of modern "journalism"

Edited by Chris farley

46 minutes ago, Chris farley said:

Great example of modern "journalism"

The opinion of a man who was Thomas friend for years is relevant.  Oh yeah, and he works for Fox.  Stll waiting on an explanation why a man making $300k/year needs the help of a billlionaire to provide housing for his mother.

50 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Tory Anarchist  Catcrap?  only the best sources for u MAGAs.  and then MAGAs complain about real journalists.

Edited by redtail hawk
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Dislike 1

1 hour ago, redtail hawk said:

The opinion of a man who was Thomas friend for years is relevant.  Oh yeah, and he works for Fox.  Stll waiting on an explanation why a man making $300k/year needs the help of a billlionaire to provide housing for his mother.

Will be waiting a while for that explanation for a conspiracy cooked up and parroted by that story linked as journalism.

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Like Clarence?? Ya right

Go dig up Clarance Thomas's lap top, that would be juicy I bet. 

Anita Hill was spot on with that scum bag 

No, worse than Clarence.  Far worse.

And Anita Hill, who followed Thomas from job to job?  Yeah, she's about as credible as that ditz Blasey-Ford.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Not to hijack the thread but I didn't want to go hunting for the previous discussion.  Alito says that he has a pretty good idea who leaked the Dobbs decision and he said it was done to change the final ruling.  Just as most of us suspected.

• Thank you (+1) 1

IT’S ALL bull####: Another Judicial Ethics Story About Justice Thomas Falls Apart. 

“The never-ending reporting on Supreme Court ethics has backfired. The goal was to demonstrate that certain Supreme Court Justices are behaving unethically. But in turn, each of these stories unraveled. The Justices either followed the rules, or made a good-faith error that was promptly corrected. If the entire media apparatus is unable to unearth actual problems, then we should take comfort: the Justices take their ethical obligations quite seriously.”

“The latest attacks on Justice Thomas have nothing to do with ethics. Instead, the attacks are about undermining the Supreme Court now that it no longer acts as a super-legislature for implementing the Left’s progressive policies.

Other justices have also suffered baseless attacks on their ethics and character. The Left is weaponizing financial disclosures to smear conservative justices. It’s important for defenders of the Court to call this out for what it is. Meanwhile, Justice Thomas and his colleagues can hopefully continue to focus on their work: issuing legal opinions that are faithful to the Constitution.”

https://reason.com/volokh/2023/05/02/another-judicial-ethics-story-about-justice-thomas-falls-apart/

That’s because legal opinions that are faithful to the Constitution are the Left’s worst nightmare.

• Shocked 1