Bills sign Duke Johnson!!

BillsMafi$

20 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Hey, while I got your attention, what's your take on Crowder's playing speed?  Does it look faster than his 40 time to you?  Would love you to wander over to his thread and weigh in.

I think Crowder plays pretty fast.. he isnt a burner by any means .. but he's really quick, and seems to get up to top speed fairly fast 

He's been a matchup nightmare inside 10 yards for a lot of teams.. he seems to be open a lot in that area 

And he'll probably bring more speed then Cole.. I like the signing 

He's a crisp route runner

10 minutes ago, Doc said:

Just curious, but based on what?  He's out-produced McKissic in the passing game.

If you noticed I said and blocker.. that means both taken into context

Duke is a little more explosive and has a little bit more yards per catch.. but jd is a much better blocker 

Both have been fairly reliable receivers but JD is a good blocking back.. protecting Josh probably put that over the hump ... Never misses a pickup

People forget that a third down backs top job is pass protection.. then be an outlet... Very few guys like McCaffrey who just run routes out of the backfield all day

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Like (+1) 5

22 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

If you noticed I said and blocker.. that means both taken into context

Duke is a little more explosive and has a little bit more yards per catch.. but jd is a much better blocker 

Both have been fairly reliable receivers but JD is a good blocking back.. protecting Josh probably put that over the hump ... Never misses a pickup

People forget that a third down backs top job is pass protection.. then be an outlet... Very few guys like McCaffrey who just run routes out of the backfield all day

Yeah, I noticed you said blocker.  But that's a separate attribute from receiver.  But thanks for the information on both new players.

7 minutes ago, Doc said:

Yeah, I noticed you said blocker.  But that's a separate attribute from receiver.  But thanks for the information on both new players. 

That's why I said receiver and blocker.. it's a package as a 3rd down back

The biggest reason Zach Moss was taking snaps from singletary his rookie year was because of blocking.. the biggest attribute for a third down back 

People think that all they do is run routes and catch... The reality is they're blocking more often than they're actually running routes.. across 32 teams the biggest job for third down back is block and release  

Fred Jackson was a master, that's why we couldn't keep him off the field 

Mckissick is better at blocking and releasing .. dukes a little more explosive.. and both are pretty steady 

But I feel beane wanted the blocking asset

Edited by Buffalo716

1 hour ago, Buffalo716 said:

That's why I said receiver and blocker.. it's a package as a 3rd down back

The biggest reason Zach Moss was taking snaps from singletary his rookie year was because of blocking.. the biggest attribute for a third down back 

People think that all they do is run routes and catch... The reality is they're blocking more often than they're actually running routes.. across 32 teams the biggest job for third down back is block and release  

Fred Jackson was a master, that's why we couldn't keep him off the field 

Mckissick is better at blocking and releasing .. dukes a little more explosive.. and both are pretty steady 

But I feel beane wanted the blocking asset

FredEx in his prime on this offense would be amazing 

• Agree 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.