Who can fix school systems?

49 minutes ago, BillStime said:

And now we know not to trust anyone biching about the big bad boogeyman - CRT - when they will sit back and watch shitte like this take place in schools. 

The cult will project and call anyone not parroting their keepers lines lies and call everyone else communist when the truth is the cult can't handle their history and they can't handle their insecurities - what a bunch of F'n snowflakes.

Setting aside all hyperbole, this  debate can all, basically, be boiled down to who you believe has the authority and responsibility of raising a child- the parents or the State...

From your statement, are you saying that you favor the latter?

Edited by JaCrispy

35 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

Setting aside all hyperbole, this  debate can all, basically, be boiled down to who you believe has the authority and responsibility of raising a child- the parents or the State...

From your statement, are you saying that you favor the latter?

Keep the cult away from my children. You can take your guns, your paranoia, and self righteous ideologies and shove em.

2 hours ago, BillStime said:

It's not?

You told us the big bad boogeyman isn't labeled "as CRT" but "the elements are there, most prominently telling kids they are oppressors or victims based on their skin color." 

Amazing, I went through public education the first 12 years of my formal education and never once did an educator make me feel bad about being white. My four siblings all went through school and never once did they complain about being made to feel bad about their skin color.  My 12 niece and nephews - in various stages of grade school and college - never once complained about being told they should feel bad about their skin color.   And guess what?  Everyone in my family is a conservative Republican.  Of course, you would call them a RHINO because they don't kneel to the alter of Conald Trump and the rest of the GQP.

According to HamSandwhich - CRT is so bad - the elements are there and the cult wants anyone who teaches it fired - so, how can we teach history with CRT getting in the way all the time?

Idiots

Aaahhhhh the truth comes out. Billy Boy is the only one in his family that is liberal.  And VERY liberal.  He resents that and feels left out and it has manifested itself into the paranoia and psychosis we see on display here every day.

You really should see someone about this. 

24 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Keep the cult away from my children. You can take your guns, your paranoia, and self righteous ideologies and shove em.

I forgot the anger. It’s also manifesting info anger. 

31 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Aaahhhhh the truth comes out. Billy Boy is the only one in his family that is liberal.  And VERY liberal.  He resents that and feels left out and it has manifested itself into the paranoia and psychosis we see on display here every day.

You really should see someone about this. 

I forgot the anger. It’s also manifesting info anger. 

Wait - I figured you could relate when you told us no one stands in line for 8+ hours to vote because you never have… right? 

Meanwhile - the cult wants to make sure white kids feel safe and those considering coming out as gay to reconsider.

Jim - ask your gay buddies what they think about Florida and the rest of the insecure snowflake states bullying gay kids.

Its called child abuse.

You freaks hide behind CRT and glocks because buzz words sound a lot better than bigot and racist.

Hope you win 

Edited by BillStime

Now that we’re “turning the corner on COVID” (ahem) and almost all of the public schools are open again, problem solved, right? With all of the kids going back to class, life can continue to return to something resembling normal. The problem with this idea, at least in New York City, is that not all of the children are returning to the classrooms. And it’s not because they’re on quarantine or they can’t afford an N95 facemask.

For many, their parents have simply pulled them out of the schools.

And we’re not talking about a handful of students in underserved neighborhoods of the city. This report from the Department of Education shows that some of the most popular and successful public schools in Gotham have lost as much as a quarter of their student body in a little more than a year. (NY Post)

Families in some of the city’s top school districts are leaving the Department of Education at an alarming clip, according to state data.

Mayor Eric Adams speculated this week that parents who’ve ditched the city and its public schools are likely to return as soon as Gotham gathers itself.

But that ongoing flight — which is hammering school budgets — is hitting traditionally popular districts especially hard.

https://hotair.com/jazz-shaw/2022/02/20/new-york-city-parents-pulling-their-children-from-public-schools-in-record-numbers-n449920

They are never recovering from this. 

10 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Wait - I figured you could relate when you told us no one stands in line for 8+ hours to vote because you never have… right? 

Meanwhile - the cult wants to make sure white kids feel safe and those considering coming out as gay to reconsider.

Jim - ask your gay buddies what they think about Florida and the rest of the insecure snowflake states bullying gay kids.

Its called child abuse.

You freaks hide behind CRT and glocks because buzz words sound a lot better than bigot and racist.

Hope you win 

Well seeing I never said no one stood in line for 8 plus hours. I said I never stood in line for 8 plus hours and I’m not sure why they did when they didn’t have to. You’re memory is failing you William. 

You should be less concerned about things that have never happened and focus on how to get treatment for your psychosis. Seriously, you display classic symptoms. 

It’s also very interesting that bigots often use words like you freaks.  

5 hours ago, BillStime said:

I’m not sure I follow...your kids are raised by you and taught by the State...my question to you was, did you want your kids raised by the State as well, or did you think that you should have that right?  

There is no right or wrong answer- only what you believe...👍

4 hours ago, JaCrispy said:

I’m not sure I follow...your kids are raised by you and taught by the State...my question to you was, did you want your kids raised by the State as well, or did you think that you should have that right?  

There is no right or wrong answer- only what you believe...👍

Did the state or your parents (or guardians) raise you?

8 hours ago, BillStime said:

Its called child abuse.

Hope you win 

So HERE the response actually fits ….triggered much? 

2 minutes ago, BillStime said:

So it’s okay to bully kids about their sexuality?

Is there something you need to get off you chest? It seems as though this topic has touched your nerve. It’s OK, you’re among friends here. Put down the hair on fire outrage. Let’s talk.

4 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Is there something you need to get off you chest? It seems as though this topic has touched your nerve. It’s OK, you’re among friends here. Put down the hair on fire outrage. Let’s talk.

I will ask again: 

I will ask again: 

So let’s talk. You actually believe someone, anyone, on here or anywhere is going to say it’s okay. I’m sorry if you were bullied but of course it’s not okay. More importantly I’m assuming you believe the System is officially bullying them? Not kids on the playground? Because if it’s the latter, that’s been happening to everyone since there’s been playgrounds. 

So let’s talk. You actually believe someone, anyone, on here or anywhere is going to say it’s okay. I’m sorry if you were bullied but of course it’s not okay. More importantly I’m assuming you believe the System is officially bullying them? Not kids on the playground? Because if it’s the latter, that’s been happening to everyone since there’s been playgrounds. 

So, you didn't read the amendment, eh?

Just now, SoCal Deek said:

I’m sorry…but I read it a couple of times and I’m not sure what you’re reading into it. Not trying to be jerk here but I’m not getting what you believe you’re seeing there.

So, now it's ok for the state to raise your kids? To out children? This is nothing more than a form of McCarthyism in our schools that will lead to abuse and bullying.

I thought the cult told us parents should raise their children; not the state?

Flip flop flip flop flip flop flop flop flip flop flip flop flop flop

25 minutes ago, Coffeesforclosers said:

Our schools sucked before CRT. The will suck after CRT, whether it's banned everywhere forever or not. CRT is not the problem.

Now you’re getting it.  

10 minutes ago, BillStime said:

So, now it's ok for the state to raise your kids? To out children? This is nothing more than a form of McCarthyism in our schools that will lead to abuse and bullying.

These are symptoms of psychosis. 

People may experience:

Behavioral: disorganized behavior, aggression, agitation, hostility, hyperactivity, hypervigilance, nonsense word repetition, repetitive movements, restlessness, self-harm, social isolation, lack of restraint, or persistent repetition of words or actions

Seriously dude. Get some help. 

19 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Still not sure where you think this is going. ‘Out your children’? So is it abuse or bullying…it’s something you BELIEVE will lead to abuse and bullying? Again, I’m more than willing to have a grown up discussion here but I’m honestly not following you. 

Still not sure where you think this is going. ‘Out your children’? So is it abuse or bullying…it’s something you BELIEVE will lead to abuse and bullying? Again, I’m more than willing to have a grown up discussion here but I’m honestly not following you. 

Seriously dude. You will never ever have an adult conversation with Billy Boy. 🤦🏻‍♂️

• Awesome! (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Do you want the school to speculate that your child is gay or should the child come to terms with their sexuality on their terms and come out when it is right for them?

8 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Seriously dude. You will never ever have an adult conversation with Billy Boy. 🤦🏻‍♂️

So, you didn't ask your gay friends about the Don't Say Gay laws sweeping communist red states?

Why not?  Afraid to have an adult conversation with them?

It is unfortunate that Billstime feels the need to not offer any actual solutions, just complain about problems. His complaint about the don't say gay bill is telling because only two options exist- he believes that schools should be discussing sex with 1st graders because the bill only applies to primary schools or just as bad he is so gullible he is leading the charge against something he has never seen or read.

28 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Do you want the school to speculate that your child is gay or should the child come to terms with their sexuality on their terms and come out when it is right for them?

How about we leave that up to the people that raised them and show them unconditional love.  

No I’ve not yet talked to my gay friends. Have you talked to parents to see who they’d rather have that conversation with their children?

Why are you so adamant about this conversation happening with a stranger?   

18 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

How about we leave that up to the people that raised them and show them unconditional love.  

No I’ve not yet talked to my gay friends. Have you talked to parents to see who they’d rather have that conversation with their children?

Why are you so adamant about this conversation happening with a stranger?   

Pay attention

4 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

I’ll tell you what- I’ll answer your question if you answer mine first, because you answered my question with a question...😉

Parents... but remember, I'm not getting tripped up over the 45+ year old boogeyman - aka CRT.

17 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Pay attention

Parents... but remember, I'm not getting tripped up over the 45+ year old boogeyman - aka CRT.

Yes that amendment is stupid and potentially dangerous. Now on to your boogeyman comment. 

Why are you so for CRT. What are you looking for it to accomplish in the growth of children?   I’m looking for a serious dialog regarding this.  

1 hour ago, Chef Jim said:

Yes that amendment is stupid and potentially dangerous. Now on to your boogeyman comment. 

Why are you so for CRT. What are you looking for it to accomplish in the growth of children?   I’m looking for a serious dialog regarding this.  

Seriously dude, you want to have a serious conversation with BillSy…quoting…you! 😉

51 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

I'm not for or against CRT as it is not taught in schools - it is faux outrage meant to divide; not bring us together.

Who are we prioritizing when it comes to CRT?

3 hours ago, BillStime said:
3 hours ago, BillStime said:

I'm not for or against CRT as it is not taught in schools - it is faux outrage meant to divide; not bring us together.

Who are we prioritizing when it comes to CRT?

Who are prioritizing?   Impressionable children who often look up to authority figure such as their teachers for guidance that will help them succeed in the real world. 

Question.  What do you think is the positive end result of teaching CRT to children?  You 

Edited by Chef Jim

5 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Who are prioritizing?   Impressionable children who often look up to authority figure such as their teachers for guidance that will help them succeed in the real world. 

Question.  What do you think is the positive end result of teaching CRT to children?  You 

And what's stopping those students from looking up to teachers?

CRT is not being taught in schools... history is... and if it contains context so be it. 

And what's stopping those students from looking up to teachers?

CRT is not being taught in schools... history is... and if it contains context so be it. 

Nothing. Why we need to be very mindful of what they are telling/teaching.  That is the topic of this thread no?

Correct CRT is not history. History has and always will be taught in school. CRT can be interpreted in a very decisive manner that can drive a huge wedge between the races when we need the exact opposite.  

When I was taught about slavery and civil rights 50 or so years ago it gave me empathy for the plight of black people.  Now we, for whatever reason, have gotten away from that.  Today it just seems that things are being taught in an accusatory manner that does not create empathy. It creates division and poor self worth.  It’s really weird. 

26 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

When I was taught about slavery and civil rights 50 or so years ago it gave me empathy for the plight of black people.  Now we, for whatever reason, have gotten away from that.  Today it just seems that things are being taught in an accusatory manner that does not create empathy. It creates division and poor self worth.  It’s really weird. 

For whatever reason... (great place to insert proof)

Today it just seems... (great place to insert proof)

#FollowtheMoney

15 minutes ago, BillStime said:

For whatever reason... (great place to insert proof)

Today it just seems... (great place to insert proof)

#FollowtheMoney

I’ll link to this piece again to make my point here. Yes these are private schools but it’s likely safe to say many public school teachers are focusing on DIE in a manner that is bad for self worth.  Putting people in separate boxes is a very weird way to go about creating inclusion. 

https://goodwordnews.com/inside-the-woke-indoctrination-machine/amp/

Eliminate tenure.

Every single teacher goes on contract. 

Eliminate No Child Left Behind.  Let kids learn at their own pace.  

National database of teacher misconduct for the pedophiles and the teachers that get fired for misconduct (like booze parties).

National database of expelled children who were expelled for violence.

Charge the parents/guardians for truancy.

Base funding on YOY improvement in test scores, not annual scores.

Base teacher bonuses on YOY improvement in scores.  

Bring back Phys. Ed.  Real phys.ed. with sweating.  

Bring back Home Economics.

Teach a personal finance course every year in high school.

Pay students for good grades - not in cash, but an accruing scholarship to trade school, community college or college.  Make that worth their while.  

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, dpberr said:

Eliminate tenure.

Every single teacher goes on contract. 

Eliminate No Child Left Behind.  Let kids learn at their own pace.  

National database of teacher misconduct for the pedophiles and the teachers that get fired for misconduct (like booze parties).

National database of expelled children who were expelled for violence.

Charge the parents/guardians for truancy.

Base funding on YOY improvement in test scores, not annual scores.

Base teacher bonuses on YOY improvement in scores.  

Bring back Phys. Ed.  Real phys.ed. with sweating.  

Bring back Home Economics.

Teach a personal finance course every year in high school.

Pay students for good grades - not in cash, but an accruing scholarship to trade school, community college or college.  Make that worth their while.  

Good stuff.  I especially like that last one.  The key there is to get parents to realize how much $$ they could save if they didn't not have to fund 100% of their child's college.