Beane on what insider info Schoen takes with him, impact of Offensive coaching changes: Q&A Athletic article by Tim Graham

Hapless Bills Fan

32 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Interestingly I believe the panthers had Tre white, Dawkins and zay Jones all in for predraft  visits and the bills didn’t. 

Bills seem to be more dependent on connections that year. They knew people who knew the players well and were trying to disguise their hand.  There were stories after that draft on people who had talked to people in Bills organization about them.

On 2/11/2022 at 9:49 AM, Hapless Bills Fan said:

https://theathletic.com/3122098/2022/02/10/joe-schoen-making-off-with-bills-secrets-a-sean-mcdermott-brian-daboll-rift-the-satchel-is-back/

Beane jokes about reciprocity:

Questions and Tim Graham Response On Dorsey and other coaching changes:

Insight on several other topics, including the hypothesized Daboll-McDermott rift and on Aaron Kromer

I can't Billieve the Bills went out and got Dorsey and Allen not one but two former OCs to help out. I hope they have their tasks well defined and have a lot of work to do for all three in game planning and execution. You gotta use these bright minds or it's a waste.

Kromer can run the whole show we gotta use that. The guy from LSU is rising star in this league, we gotta use all of that knowledge as well.

7 minutes ago, billybrew1 said:

I can't Billieve the Bills went out and got Dorsey and Allen not one but two former OCs to help out. I hope they have their tasks well defined and have a lot of work to do for all three in game planning and execution. You gotta use these bright minds or it's a waste.

Kromer can run the whole show we gotta use that. The guy from LSU is rising star in this league, we gotta use all of that knowledge as well.

We all hated how the rich got richer.  It's time for the Bills and their fans to reap some of that!

I'm very much expecting an FA or two to come to Buffalo on the "cheap one year" to prove they are worth it and a chance at a ring.

On 2/11/2022 at 6:17 PM, 298Woody said:

My biggest criticism of Dabol was his lack of use of McKenzie. They didn't sign him until late for peanuts. Look at the second NE game and ask why he doesn't get more snaps when we want a Tyreek Hill type player.

look at the rest of his games.

he’s really not like Hill

Allen has become a man.  All this concern about some new staff changes or new guys in the room I think might be valid a year or two ago, but not nearly as big of a deal now.  Allen has full command over the offense and his abilities.  Any new OC, Dorsey or an outsider is coming in to build an offense with and around Allen.  No one’s coming here to completely change the style he plays or the offense.  

I think the main goal is to take some weight off Allen through better OL play and more consistent run game.  

19 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Interestingly I believe the panthers had Tre white, Dawkins and zay Jones all in for predraft  visits and the bills didn’t. 

Yeah it wasn't just Dawkins or just White or whatever..........the Panthers were quite adamant that the Bills knew what their final draft board looked like and that the Bills moved around accordingly to beat them to the punch.    

Weeks later the Bills hired Beane from the Panthers.

Two ridiculous narratives then followed:

1) That the Bills were playing 3D chess in hiring a GM right after the draft and that hiring outside GM's after the draft and free agency were over would be the wave of the future.    Still can't believe anyone was dumb enough to lap that sh*t up.........but they did...........and it hasn't happened since.

2) That being hired in early January was much too little time for McD and staff to evaluate QB's...........when in fact it is very much the NORMAL amount of time that new regimes have to scout QB's...........and Whaley and Pegs had in fact been on the road eying up Mahomes and Watson etc..

The only thing shrewd about it was having your guy serving as a mole on your old team and stealing draft info(directly himself or thru a certain scout who would be fired and subsequently join Buffalo in the coming seasons) so that McD could use the draft info of scouts he trusted.    And Carolina not needing a QB at the time hadn't brought the top ones in for interviews.........so McD didn't have opinions on them from people he trusted.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, billybrew1 said:

Meanwhile Pats offensive assistants are all jumping ship 

2 hours ago, ColoradoBills said:

We all hated how the rich got richer.  It's time for the Bills and their fans to reap some of that!

I'm very much expecting an FA or two to come to Buffalo on the "cheap one year" to prove they are worth it and a chance at a ring.

Me too. I think the player gets some cash though.... I think it is insane to sort of stand Pat. We have an extremely rare player in Allen and we cannot blow this opportunity. If McBeane doesn't get a Super Bowl ring with Josh Allen, they are horrible at their jobs. You have to be dominant to win a Super Bowl. A dominant GM that goes for it. A dominant coaching staff that goes for it and dominant players that play all out. You have to grab that trophy by the scruff of its neck and take it.

Allen maybe more valuable then Kelly and BS combined. That's a pretty crazy thing to say but Allen is truly unstoppable if you give the protection and weapons that he needs. Then again, I don't understand how we didn't win one with Kelly, Reed,Thomas and Bruce. And Polian only brought one of those players in.....

23 hours ago, ganesh said:

The Bills could be worried that the Giants could pick a player 10 picks LATER if they didn't pick them at their slot 🙂

There’s still few months until the draft I’m sure there will be players moving up and down the board , 

do the Giants have the same needs as the Bills? 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.