2022 Mid-Terms - All Races, Polls, and Russian Interference

Big Blitz

3 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Well that was quite an extensive list.

And spot on of course.

The red wave is coming but I am extremely skeptical that they will accomplish anything of substance. It's more likely to be GOP as usual that talks big and then does nothing. 

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, B-Man said:

He will "decide" what is free speech or not.

Yup…whether people agree with or not, everyone has the right (granted by the Constitution) to speak their mind…👍

19 minutes ago, DRsGhost said:

Well that was quite an extensive list.

And spot on of course.

The red wave is coming but I am extremely skeptical that they will accomplish anything of substance. It's more likely to be GOP as usual that talks big and then does nothing. 

The Party sux…only a handful of them actually stand for anything…

• Agree 1

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/08/05/does-the-inflation-reduction-act-violate-bidens-400000-tax-pledge.html

Just in case anyone believes the lie that the Inflation Reduction Act raises taxes on people making less than $400,000:

"The White House has used $400,000 as a rough dividing line for the wealthy relative to middle and lower earners. That income threshold equates to about the top 1% to 2% of American taxpayers. 

The new bill, the Inflation Reduction Act, doesn’t directly raise taxes on households below that line, according to tax experts. In other words, the legislation wouldn’t trigger an increase on taxpayers’ annual tax returns if their income is below $400,000, experts said."

However, some are complaining that the other impacts of the law would increase tax burdens on average Americans without raising rates. While there is some truth to that, it is likely that the net effect of the law would more than make up for any increased burden on Americans making less than $400,000:

"“The selective presentation by some of the distributional effects of this bill neglects benefits to middle-class families from reducing deficits, from bringing down prescription drug prices and from more affordable energy,” a group of five former Treasury secretaries from both Democratic and Republican administrations wrote Wednesday. 

The $64 billion of total Affordable Care Act subsidies alone would “be more than enough to counter net tax increases below $400,000 in the JCT study,” according to the Committee for a Responsible Federal Budget, which also estimates Americans would save $300 billion on costs and premiums for prescription drugs

The combined policies would offer a net tax cut for Americans by 2027, the group said."

The bottom line is that poor, middle class, and even many wealthy Americans will be better off financially because of this bill.

• Haha (+1) 3

ROCKY MOUNTAIN COSPLAY: 

Screen-Shot-2022-08-08-at-5.38.00-PM-102

Colorado Democrat Obtains 24-Hour Fishing License To Shoot Campaign Ad. 

“Bennet, who has seen his net worth increase by the millions during his time in the Senate, is running for reelection against former carpenter and construction CEO Joe O’Dea.

Republicans are optimistic that Biden’s historically low approval rating has made Bennet’s seat competitive. According to FiveThirtyEight, Bennet votes with Biden 98 percent of the time.”

https://freebeacon.com/democrats/colorado-dem-obtains-24-hour-fishing-license-to-shoot-campaign-ad/

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, B-Man said:

If I lost an election to this nincompoop I’d ask to borrow her strapped on side arm to off myself. 😂 

• Haha (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

If I lost an election to this nincompoop I’d ask to borrow her strapped on side arm to off myself. 😂 

She is an idiot, but the Dems haven't come within 5 points of this district since 2008 regardless of the candidates. It was Trump +6 in 2020 and this is expected to be a strong GOP year, so +7 seems about right.

A new Trafalgar Group/Convention of States Action poll taken after the raid shows that it has increased the motivation to vote especially among Republicans and independents, with most believing that the raid was politically motivated.

83.3 percent of Republicans said it increased their motivation to vote in November.

71.7 percent of independents said it increased their motivation.

https://www.thetrafalgargroup.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/08/COSA-FBI-Raid-Motivation-Full-Report-08-10.pdf

https://redstate.com/nick-arama/2022/08/11/poll-fbi-raid-on-trump-has-awakened-the-sleeping-giant-n610457

Edited by B-Man
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Jackalope89 said:

Its unfortunate that Liz Cheney has become the voice of moderation in the GQP, but ostracized for it. And hell, her voting record is more conservative than most orange menace brown nosers.

Traditional conservatism is now seen as a bad thing by modern conservatives. The new conservative is whatever Trump is currently pushing at that moment.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Jackalope89 said:

Its unfortunate that Liz Cheney has become the voice of moderation in the GQP, but ostracized for it. And hell, her voting record is more conservative than most orange menace brown nosers.

It is true that her voting record is good.

But the conservative woman who will replace her will also have a strong conservative record,

But without the Beltway baggage and near fanatical Trump derangement of Liz.