Rumored Giants Players Available for Trade

SCBills

16 hours ago, HappyDays said:

Not a particularly valuable asset. He could probably be had for a day 3 pick. The Rams traded a 2nd and 3rd for a half a season rental of Von Miller. Getting one year of possibly elite RB play in our best championship window is worth it.

At this point what is the actual "possibility" that Saquon Barkley ever performs at an elite level?

Edited by Mikey

9 hours ago, LyndonvilleBill said:

I'd give them Cole in a player for player swap for Barkley. Even throw in Moss or a 6th rnd pick to sweeten it a little.🤔. No real cap savings for either team though.

Or how about Barkley/Toney for Cole/Singletary/and Edmunds.

For the Bills getting Toney could sweet and moving Singletary and Edmunds helps end the decision coming up of extending.  For the Giants it helps them save face getting rid of Barkley.  The Bills could then do the 3rd round RB groom pick like they did w Singletary/Gore days.

8 hours ago, Einstein's Dog said:

Or how about Barkley/Toney for Cole/Singletary/and Edmunds.

For the Bills getting Toney could sweet and moving Singletary and Edmunds helps end the decision coming up of extending.  For the Giants it helps them save face getting rid of Barkley.  The Bills could then do the 3rd round RB groom pick like they did w Singletary/Gore days.

I'm actually one of the minority. I like Edmunds. Not neccesarily where he plays, but I think he is a good player. Get a true MIKE, go to a 4-3 and leave him outside.

There must be something with Toney that we don't know. Dosen't make sense for them to trade a young player with potential. Especially with a new coaching staff coming in. A good offensive minded one at that.

I also don't think they need to save face regarding Barkley. Sure he's been hit by the injury bug, but was worth it to them drafting him at that time (although I wouldn't draft a RB that high).

To be honest, the only reason I would trade Cole for Barkley is it would be minimal cap change and I think both players may benefit from it and their both on the last year of their contracts. I wouldn't trade for him otherwise. 

2 hours ago, LyndonvilleBill said:

I'm actually one of the minority. I like Edmunds. Not neccesarily where he plays, but I think he is a good player. Get a true MIKE, go to a 4-3 and leave him outside.

There must be something with Toney that we don't know. Dosen't make sense for them to trade a young player with potential. Especially with a new coaching staff coming in. A good offensive minded one at that.

I also don't think they need to save face regarding Barkley. Sure he's been hit by the injury bug, but was worth it to them drafting him at that time (although I wouldn't draft a RB that high).

To be honest, the only reason I would trade Cole for Barkley is it would be minimal cap change and I think both players may benefit from it and their both on the last year of their contracts. I wouldn't trade for him otherwise. 

There is no way Barkley was a good pick by that franchise at that time, especially given what they passed up to get him (namely, Josh Allen or a boatload of picks).  Zero.

• Agree 1

10 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

There is no way Barkley was a good pick by that franchise at that time, especially given what they passed up to get him (namely, Josh Allen or a boatload of picks).  Zero.

Correct. If they had picked Sam Darnold over Josh Allen you would have some sympathy for them. Sitting at #2 and taking a running back was dumb.

14 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

What I'm trying to say is, at that time, I believe he was considered a top 10 pick (if I remember correctly). I'll give you Allen, but, it's easy to look back and say it was a poor pick than it was at that time. Say they picked Rosen, Baker or Darnold. Would those have been a better choice looking at it now? I'm not so sure. May not have been the smartest move and as I said, I wouldn't have picked a RB that high, but I don't fault them for taking a swing.

What I mean about Barkley is that the FO might view it as a situation they want to get out from, without upsetting their fan base too much.

For the Bills it would be a way to circumvent the "pay your own" mantra.  The Bills are developing an excellent culture, and one tenet has been to pay your own, -draft/cultivate and keep. I would like to see the Bills avoid that scenario in the Singletary and Edmunds instances.  Trading them before they are due is a great way to avoid the situation.

For Singletary, he's decent, but I think it would be smart of the FO to not pay him a second contract in the RB market range.  I think they could find another Singletary type quality RB in the draft in the 3rd round again.  I also don't think Edmunds is worth big money and that's where he is headed.  

What I'm trying to say is, at that time, I believe he was considered a top 10 pick (if I remember correctly). I'll give you Allen, but, it's easy to look back and say it was a poor pick than it was at that time. Say they picked Rosen, Baker or Darnold. Would those have been a better choice looking at it now? I'm not so sure. May not have been the smartest move and as I said, I wouldn't have picked a RB that high, but I don't fault them for taking a swing.

It was a historic QB draft and teams were aggressively trying to trade up and Gettleman sat there with his arms crossed and refused to entertain trade offers because the guy he wanted was a running back.  Plus Eli was on his last legs.  It was borderline criminal negligence by the worst GM in football in about 40 years.  There is zero justification for it - none.  

Edited by Coach Tuesday
  • Agree 1

15 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

It was a historic QB draft and teams were aggressively trying to trade up and Gettleman sat there with his hands crossed and refused to entertain trade offers because the guy he wanted was a running back.  Plus Eli was on his last legs.  It was borderline criminal negligence by the worst GM in football in about 40 years.  There is zero justification for it - none.  

Maybe, but if your going to go all in on a RB, Barkley would be one of the guys you take a swing at. If he goes QB and selects Rosen, were probably having the same conversation as were are now.

Last night was not a good one for the pro-RB crowd - the Rams’ backs did nothing to help win the game, and Mixon wasn’t even on the field during the Bengals’ critical last drive.  I don’t see how anyone watching last night’s game would continue to think that the Bills are a Barkley away from a title…

Edited by Coach Tuesday
  • Agree 1

7 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Last night was not a good one for the pro-RB crowd - the Rams’ backs did nothing to help win the game, and Mixon wasn’t even on the field during the Bengals’ critical last drive.  I don’t see how anyone watching last night’s game would continue to think that the Bills are a Barkley away from a title…

Yep........what I saw were two worn out OL's..........having to carry all that extra weight those guys are naturally the least physically fit players on the team and they basically have to play every snap all year............I think the wear and tear and fatigue really showed on both teams.     Maybe the Rams even more than the Bengals. 

The running game in the NFL now is all about the OL play.   

48 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

I think Mixon gets the first on that third down run. No idea why wasn't on the field there. That was a weak run by the other guy (although Donald made a great play). 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.