Joe Burrow Named Comeback Player Of The Year

BuffaloBillyG

6 hours ago, PetermansRedemption said:

I’ve always hated how they award comeback player of the year. To me, it should go to a guy who fell off the face of the earth, and then revitalized his career to have another good year. A guy who was putting up phenomenal numbers, recovered from an injury in one season, and came back the following season to put up phenomenal numbers shouldn’t qualify.  

ill night who is your winner from this past season then?

maybe Robert Quinn from Chicago, went from 2 to 18 sacks. Prior to that had some double digit sack years.

Edited by iccrewman112

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

LOL not that he doesn't deserve it, but don't you think it's a bit of a consolation prize for naming Herbert and Jackson to the pro bowl ahead of him?

I think this award is more meaningful. Along with being the only one of those guys still playing football, I’m sure he doesn’t need a consolation prize.

Judging by the responses, it sounds like this will be an unpopular opinion, but I don't understand why he won this.  He had a great year, indeed, but when I think of comeback I think of a player who already had something of an established NFL career.  He had a decent rookie season then got hurt so he didn't really come back to much that was previously established as a pro.  There should be a breakthrough/breakout player of the year award which I think suits him more.  Dak should be comeback.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.