OT: My cousin Mark passed away today

I was informed today that my cousin Mark has passed away from a heart attack. He was in his early 40's and living in a state home for the mentally disabled. He was born with a fever and the hospital didn't treat him properly and he developed severe retardation. He was never able to enjoy the things that most of us take for granted yet he always had a smile on his face. He adored my brother and I and I always loved getting to see him. I hadn't seen Mark in a couple of years as he usually only got to visit around the holidays. I just wanted to share this with everyone and take a second out to remind everyone that no matter what may go wrong in our lives, we will never have it as bad as Mark did every day. He took what life gave him and made the most out of it.

I love you Mark and I hope that God is allowing you to enjoy in Heaven what you couldn't here.

Puts things in persepective, thanks.

I was informed today that my cousin Mark has passed away from a heart attack.  He was in his early 40's and living in a state home for the mentally disabled.  He was born with a fever and the hospital didn't treat him properly and he developed severe retardation.  He was never able to enjoy the things that most of us take for granted yet he always had a smile on his face.  He adored my brother and I and I always loved getting to see him.  I hadn't seen Mark in a couple of years as he usually only got to visit around the holidays.  I just wanted to share this with everyone and take a second out to remind everyone that no matter what may go wrong in our lives, we will never have it as bad as Mark did every day.  He took what life gave him and made the most out of it.

I love you Mark and I hope that God is allowing you to enjoy in Heaven what you couldn't here.

327649[/snapback]

I was informed today that my cousin Mark has passed away from a heart attack.  He was in his early 40's and living in a state home for the mentally disabled.  He was born with a fever and the hospital didn't treat him properly and he developed severe retardation.  He was never able to enjoy the things that most of us take for granted yet he always had a smile on his face.  He adored my brother and I and I always loved getting to see him.  I hadn't seen Mark in a couple of years as he usually only got to visit around the holidays.  I just wanted to share this with everyone and take a second out to remind everyone that no matter what may go wrong in our lives, we will never have it as bad as Mark did every day.  He took what life gave him and made the most out of it.

327649[/snapback]

Thank you for sharing with us the story of your wonderful cousin. In reading your post, it is clear how much you loved him. I am sorry for your loss.