Broncos are in the market for a new head coach

Pokebball

35 minutes ago, Southern_Bills said:

I'm not sure why Quinn is getting so much attention. He's an excellent D coordinator, but he had plenty of talent in ATL and couldn't make it happen.

Not sure why it's different somewhere new. The Super Bowl year Shanahan was the reason mainly because of his offense. 

Never know though.

Some teams are going to be interested in defensive-minded coaches, and some will be interested in more experienced coaches, and he checks both of those boxes in a way that most of the available options do not. As a DC, his defenses have been elite everywhere, including Dallas this year where they went from one of the worst defenses in the league the year before to arguably being a top 5 unit this season.

As a head coach, he has a winning record overall, including the Super Bowl runner up (with Shanahan at his side as you noted). After Shanahan left, Atlanta still managed to go 10-6 the following season, followed up by a couple 7-9 years before he was ultimately fired. I don't really think those Falcon teams were exceptionally talented either. I think Quinn's teams probably overachieved overall during his time there. And on top of that, players and front office types both just like him as a person.

It makes sense to me that he would be one of the top retread options out there this offseason.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, klos63 said:

Do you think this with all black candidates or just Frazier. This is the dumb logic we hear every year from so many fans. Immediately dismissing any interest in black candidates as 'Rooney Rule' requirements.  Do white coaches get serious consideration because owners prefer white people?

This is the true definition of “systemic racism.” It’s sad, really.

2 minutes ago, klos63 said:

Not sure I follow which part is systemic racism? The Rooney Rule, constant hiring of mostly white coaches? 

When fans constantly bring up the idea that minority coaches are only being interviewed because they’re black, is systemic racism. If it is true that they’re only being interviewed because of the color of their skin, then that’s systemic racism.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, clayboy54 said:

When fans constantly bring up the idea that minority coaches are only being interviewed because they’re black, is systemic racism. If it is true that they’re only being interviewed because of the color of their skin, then that’s systemic racism.

Got it. Spot on, thanks

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.