UB Law School....

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I graduated from UB Law School in 1999. It is located in O'Brian Hall on North Campus in Amherst, which is a very nice suburb. South Campus, where the med school is located, is near East Buffalo. The "East Side" has some issues the further you travel up Bailey. The Law School itself is pretty nice and includes an actual courthouse. The 4th department appellate division holds court there every so often. Hope you check it out.

I graduated from UB Law School in 1999.  It is located in O'Brian Hall on North Campus in Amherst, which is a very nice suburb.  South Campus, where the med school is located, is near East Buffalo.  The "East Side" has some issues the further you travel up Bailey.  The Law School itself is pretty nice and includes an actual courthouse.  The 4th department appellate division holds court there every so often.  Hope you check it out.

327337[/snapback]

Is it in the same location where kids go to UB for under grad?

UB North is in one of the nicest sections of town. If you're worried about sending a child to school there, you couldn't dream of a safer atmosphere.  <_<

327398[/snapback]

plus, hooters is like 5 minutes up the road...

South Campus, where the med school is located, is near East Buffalo.  The "East Side" has some issues the further you travel up Bailey. 

Too bad on that section of Bailey.....

I loved the area between Main & Kensington. Anyone remember the Deco Coffee shop on Bailey & E.Amherst?

UB North is in one of the nicest sections of town. If you're worried about sending a child to school there, you couldn't dream of a safer atmosphere.  <_<

327398[/snapback]

I worry about sending my daughters anywhere. That is why I am here, asking you great people what the deal is! :D

Thanks to all!!!

Is it in the same location where kids go to UB for under grad?

327346[/snapback]

Yes.

I graduated from UB in 1990. As an undergrad, I had classes at both the Amherst Campus and Main St. Campus. School of Achitecture was (still is?) located on Main. Most other classes took place in the "Academic Spine" of the Amherst campus, where O'Brian Hall is located.

you got 8 posts in 3 years?!?!?!? good lord. you go up river or something?

I graduated from UB Law School in 1999.  It is located in O'Brian Hall on North Campus in Amherst, which is a very nice suburb.  South Campus, where the med school is located, is near East Buffalo.  The "East Side" has some issues the further you travel up Bailey.  The Law School itself is pretty nice and includes an actual courthouse.  The 4th department appellate division holds court there every so often.  Hope you check it out.

327337[/snapback]

Not at all, its on North campus which is in the safest suburb in america, Amherst,NY.  Good area with the exception of typical buffalo weather.

327443[/snapback]

ALICE IN CHAINS!!!! HOLLA BACK!!!!!

you got 8 posts in 3 years?!?!?!? good lord.  you go up river or something?

327447[/snapback]

I have always found the following quote very instructive:

"It is better to say nothing and have people think you are a fool, than to open your mouth and erase all doubt."

Thanks though.

I graduated from UB Law in '98. Only complaint I have is that you had to park in East Nowhere and the walk to the building was usually colder than a witch's you know what. The campus itself bears a striking similarity to RIT. Not just the bricks, but the lack of convenient outdoor space for student congregation in the original parts of campus. Both were designed in the late 1960s with an eye toward limiting the ability of students to gather and protest in large numbers. After about 20 years or so, both colleges realized their mistakes and began to integrate more open space into their expansion plans.

I rarely go back but I hear the renovations (including the student lounge) are nice. They should be, since it costs a hell of a lot more to go there now than it did then.

Too bad on that section of Bailey.....

I loved the area between Main & Kensington.  Anyone remember the Deco Coffee shop on Bailey & E.Amherst?

327403[/snapback]

Yep - I think they all closed down in the late 60's IIRC. Many of the Your Host's survived into the early 90's, I think. I've not been to Bflo for several years - is the one of the last, on Delaware close to Sheridan next to the former Royal Host still in business?