Super WC weekend Playoff Game 1 — NE* at Buffalo. Are you worried?

Playoff Game 1 is looking to be NE* at Buffalo.  

219 members have voted

1. 1. What is your mindset. Are you worried?

• Hell No! The Bills own the East!!!
    • Belicheat & Jones should be feared

21 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

I’d say Wentz is the worst QB in the playoffs.  

I would also say BB and McDaniels be better prepaired.. no more useless Harry out there who you could have someone from the stands to cover.. also this time the D will be told to hold onto any balls thrown into their hands.. lol point being both games could have gone either way.. BOTH fan bases should feel confident.. 

Still holding onto that one huh?  Maybe our coaching staff will tell our D to hold onto any balls thrown into their hands too…..it wasn’t a one way street with dropped picks.  Only in your mind.

the weather has little to no impact on the game, Belichick is just hoping he can force Josh to punt, just once.  Worst case scenario he can send Judon on a kamikaze mission to take josh out with a cheap shot.  Maybe activate Henry Anderson if Judon can’t get close enough 

3 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Still holding onto that one huh?  Maybe our coaching staff will tell our D to hold onto any balls thrown into their hands too…..it wasn’t a one way street with dropped picks.  Only in your mind.

the weather has little to no impact on the game, Belichick is just hoping he can force Josh to punt, just once.  Worst case scenario he can send Judon on a kamikaze mission to take josh out with a cheap shot.  Maybe activate Henry Anderson if Judon can’t get close enough 

People are blaming dropped picks? Lol we had kumerow starting because of Covid issues to other guys and he dropped a sure TD.  Give them a dropped pick or two and give us two dropped TDs in the end zone and we still come out ahead.  

41 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

I don’t mean to say this will happen again but I don’t think the second matchup could’ve gone either way respectfully.  Pats were honestly very lucky to not lose that game by 30+…I’ve never seen a team leave so many easy points on the field and still win comfortably like the bills did that game. Couple that with the pats being 5/5 when it mattered on 4th down.   Couple bad calls both ways but bills had that ridiculous ineligible man downfield penalty negate 7 points then Zach moss tackled himself on the goal line costing us 7 points then two wide open dropped tds.  Felt pretty similar to the wind game in that we just didn’t execute as well as we could but the bills were so firmly in control of that game that it didn’t much matter.  

The call on Williams was the right call though. Can't say that was a bad call. 

29 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

People are blaming dropped picks? Lol we had kumerow starting because of Covid issues to other guys and he dropped a sure TD.  Give them a dropped pick or two and give us two dropped TDs in the end zone and we still come out ahead.  

I don’t blame them tbh.  That’s all pats fans can say after josh took them to the woodshed and didn’t punt once.  It was a masterful performance by the man that will rule them for the next 12+ years.  And it’s only going to get worse for them….,wait til Belichick retires.  BWHAHAHAHAHA!!!  Kraft will probably pull an urban Meyer and sell the team.

13 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

Unless of course there is weather in Buffalo… lol

https://www.clnsmedia.com/lazar-patriots-currently-have-the-least-explosive-passing-attack-in-afc-playoffs/

It's projected right now that there will be a high of 27 on the 15th and 23 on the 16th, with cloudy skies and snow showers both days. The wind doesn't like it'll be awful, but that can change.

Just now, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Looked like he was engaged in a block the whole time to me which would make it the wrong call

Williams did the exact same thing in the first NE/Bills game and didn't get flagged for it; it was on the TD pass to Davis and a blatant illegal-man-downfield penalty. They were looking for it this time because I'm sure BB told them to look for it, and Williams gift-wrapped the penalty to them. All his fault. No excuses. 

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

I don’t blame them tbh.  That’s all pats fans can say after josh took them to the woodshed and didn’t punt once.  It was a masterful performance by the man that will rule them for the next 12+ years.  And it’s only going to get worse for them….,wait til Belichick retires.  BWHAHAHAHAHA!!!  Kraft will probably pull an urban Meyer and sell the team.

I kind of blame them still 😂 you really can’t play the ‘if only we didn’t drop that interception’ game when the other team had running backs falling down at the goal line and several dropped TDs lol if we’re playing the could’ve should’ve would’ve game and we give both teams some drops we easily win that game by more 

48 minutes ago, NewEra said:

@PatsFanNH also conveniently glossed over the fact our guys(men paid to actually catch balls) dropped 2 different td's that turned what should have been 14 points into just 3.... That game easily, and probably should have been, a complete BEATDOWN.

... if not for an anomalous weather event, the Bills sweep the pats this year. i think thats fairly obvious.

Edited by Stank_Nasty
  • Agree 1

15 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

https://www.clnsmedia.com/lazar-patriots-currently-have-the-least-explosive-passing-attack-in-afc-playoffs/

It's projected right now that there will be a high of 27 on the 15th and 23 on the 16th, with cloudy skies and snow showers both days. The wind doesn't like it'll be awful, but that can change.

Williams did the exact same thing in the first NE/Bills game and didn't get flagged for it; it was on the TD pass to Davis and a blatant illegal-man-downfield penalty. They were looking for it this time because I'm sure BB told them to look for it, and Williams gift-wrapped the penalty to them. All his fault. No excuses. 

Disagree but I will watch it again because I am disagreeing based on memory 😃the way I remember it is Williams engaged the defender about a yard from the line of scrimmage and walked him all the way downfield towards the end zone and was still pass blocking when the ball was released…not his fault  he’s winning his block so emphatically .  Bill being the savvy coach he is maybe coaches his players to try to look like they disengage late and there’s an offensive lineman way downfield that shouldn’t be there which is probably what the refs saw but that’s not at all how I saw it at the time.  I think you’re falling for some bill belichick ‘gamesmanship’ lol maybe I’m wrong though the one in the first game looked pretty obvious 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

49 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

right. what easily shoulda been 14 pts was only 3. It shoulda been a 40 bomb being dropped on the #1 scoring d in the league..... in their own freaking house.

..... but somehow the bills d giving up 14 3 weeks earlier was the "embarrassing" performance.

Edited by Stank_Nasty

1 minute ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

I kind of blame them still 😂 you really can’t play the ‘if only we didn’t drop that interception’ game when the other team had running backs falling down at the goal line and several dropped TDs lol if we’re playing the could’ve should’ve would’ve game and we give both teams some drops we easily win that game by more 

Absolutely.  We dominated that game.  Pats playing a home game that will decide the division against the team that destroyed you on that very field a year ago to end their season….. and BB couldn’t get his defense off the field via punt one time….for the first time in his career.  Talk about coming up small when the stakes are big.  Maybe Bill should join Bob and get some pampering

Relax Relaxing GIF by TeaCosyFolk

7 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

@PatsFanNH also conveniently glossed over the fact our guys(men paid to actually catch balls) dropped 2 different td's that turned what should have been 14 points into just 3.... That game easily, and probably should have been, a complete BEATDOWN.

... if not for an anomalous weather event, the Bills sweep the pats this year. i think thats fairly obvious.

He’s been doing it for a week+ now.  He may have acknowledged this a few years back when he had the better team.  Times have changed….and so has his disposition on this site. 
Dick Wolf Change GIF by Wolf Entertainment

22 hours ago, Rocky Landing said:

We are the better team, and Allen is the better QB, clearly. 

But...

My wife is from Boston, I have numerous family members, as well as co-workers who are Pats* fans. Just on the chance, regardless of how slim, that the Pats* beat us, the smarmy gloating that I would have to endure would be unpleasant, indeed. 

I mean, did you think this through before you proposed to her?

• Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Absolutely.  We dominated that game.  Pats playing a home game that will decide the division against the team that destroyed you on that very field a year ago to end their season….. and BB couldn’t get his defense off the field via punt one time….for the first time in his career.  Talk about coming up small when the stakes are big.  Maybe Bill should join Bob and get some pampering

Relax Relaxing GIF by TeaCosyFolk

He’s been doing it for a week+ now.  He may have acknowledged this a few years back when he had the better team.  Times have changed….and so has his disposition on this site. 
Dick Wolf Change GIF by Wolf Entertainment

That second matchup would scare me if I was a NE fan…not even so much defensively as offensively.  It looked like they had likely drawn up a whole new gameplan but we rattled mac very quickly and they kind of reverted back to the concepts from the wind game.  I know the fans like him and maybe he’ll continue to improve but the pats have just shown no confidence in mac against us twice now.  Of course if there’s a rematch in the playoffs then that’s the only game that really matters and he can rewrite the entire story.  But to me the pats are one of the favorable matchups out of potential playoff opponents.  I think they’re closer to a 9 win team talent wise 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

1 minute ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

That second matchup would scare me if I was a NE fan…not even so much defensively as offensively.  It looked like they had likely drawn up a whole new gameplan but we rattled mac very quickly and they kind of reverted back to the concepts from the wind game.  I know the fans like him and maybe he’ll continue to improve but the pats have just shown no confidence in mac against us twice now.  Of course if there’s a rematch in the playoffs then that’s the only game that really matters and he can rewrite the entire story 

Or he can continue playing horribly vs the bills.  2 games played.  One terrible game.  One game in which the GOAT coach shows zero confidence in him throwing the ball.  

• Like (+1) 1

16 hours ago, FilthyBeast said:

If the Bills do play the Pats in the first round conspiracy theorists are going to be on edge because obviously if the league truly wants a Pats/Bucs SB matchup then our season obviously ends in a few weeks and we'll be one and done.

But for more practical purposes I'd rather not face Belichik in the playoffs given his resume and the Pats always seem to play better in Buffalo as evidenced this year and even last year when they could have easily won if not for the Newton fumble in the closing minutes of the game.

You are the equivalent of a cooler in Vegas. The kind of fella they plant in a room to give off a vibe to make everyone start losing.

5 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Or he can continue playing horribly vs the bills.  2 games played.  One terrible game.  One game in which the GOAT coach shows zero confidence in him throwing the ball.  

Yea I’ll give them the benefit of the doubt because they won the first one but I will go to my grave disagreeing with that pats gameplan lol we had so many chances to win that one and just couldn’t execute but ultimately belichick trusted his defense and they won it for him 

3 hours ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

I don’t mean to say this will happen again but I don’t think the second matchup could’ve gone either way respectfully.  Pats were honestly very lucky to not lose that game by 30+…I’ve never seen a team leave so many easy points on the field and still win comfortably like the bills did that game. Couple that with the pats being 5/5 when it mattered on 4th down.   Couple bad calls both ways but bills had that ridiculous ineligible man downfield penalty negate 7 points then Zach moss tackled himself on the goal line costing us 7 points then two wide open dropped tds.  Felt pretty similar to the wind game in that we just didn’t execute as well as we could but the bills were so firmly in control of that game that it didn’t much matter.  

It was 26-20 and Allen on 1st and 10 throws it right into the numbers of JC Jackson who dropped it.. that right here was game for Pats fans.. he catches that he rumbles down into the red zone and the Pats probably score since Harris had been rolling on them. Point being the game was close and both teams missed plays.. 

2 hours ago, Stank_Nasty said:

If Harris doesn’t pull his Hammy in game 1 it’s a blowout in game one.. (He was absent the entire second half minus 1 20 yard carry which would have been a TD if he hadn’t been running on a bad Hammy)  

The Pats would have swept the Bills if Jackson holds onto the two passes into his hands..  heck I’ll go one better if Meyers and Agalor don’t both drop perfect passes in the first half the Pats score more points before halftime.. 

point is both games were. Lose, both teams blew chances in both games, the outcome was 2 close games in the 4th. Both teams fans have reason be confident in a rematch. 

2 hours ago, dave mcbride said:

I could be misremembering, but I thought the replay showed him engaging in the block at the LOS and then continuing the block downfield - which IS legal. It is only illegal when you go down field and then engage. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.